Tired.....Tired. Really

Foreigner

6 hours ago, Foreigner said:

I posted a earlier topic a couple of days ago about maybe the defense just quit Thursday with all the missed tackles, etc.

and I was surprised how many comments were posted that the team was tired from the Sunday game against the Raiders.

I actually thought the offense was okay considering there was no back up halfback and I believe no WR that could be 1 or2

on most other NFL teams. The offense also did not lay down coming down the field for 2 late scores, and who knows

what would have happened had we recovered the 2nd onside kick. And remember the defense allowed 3 running plays

to allow the Jets a first down to end the game.

Anyway, tired; tired;  give me a break.

Tired is carrying a lunch bag or box 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, total commuting maybe over a hour, maybe working a

6th day, and maybe working a evening shift to pay the mortgage. Tired is not playing football when it counts  maybe 30 minutes

a day for 8 days a year. And with McDermott rotating defense lineman, they usually are not even out there for 30 minutes.

For those 30 minutes, the pay is more than most make in a full year. I am not saying they don,t beat up their bodies for maybe

a short career, and deserve their money, but tired. I don,t believe after Sunday afternoons game, any of the defense had to toil

9-5  the next few days to bring home a pay check and then go drive to the airport Thursday to get a commercial Jet to go to

New York or Newark and they were tired that evening. 

Besides, it has been said that all teams have shall we say candy in their locker rooms to give them energy or help their aches

and pains.

So tired, I don,t buy it , so lets hope we get an all out performance Sunday and on the road the rest of the year to put a end to

this topic.    

75 - 31 home team has 1 more day to practice.  Advantage home team.    Tired is a yes.  

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and sick and tired of these sick and tired sick and tired threads.

...but where do you really stand on this? THAT is what we want to know.   Zzzzzzz

7 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

This team is overperforming....if you cant see that then I dont know what to tell you

Absolutely correct. Had it not been th jets or on national tv. I wouldn't even care. This teams record is deceiving and before you have a coronary just take it for what it is and enjoy your beer.

To the OP post about tired... I work 80+ hrs a week, spanning 6 to 7 days a week between 2 jobs and an 11 month at home... So what?

I will say I dont care about the tired excuse though. EVERY TEAM has a short week at some point 1 team prepares better tha  the other and 1 team will ALWAYS win. I dont buy into the tired crap. THEY... JUS... STUMK

9 hours ago, Foreigner said:

I posted a earlier topic a couple of days ago about maybe the defense just quit Thursday with all the missed tackles, etc.

and I was surprised how many comments were posted that the team was tired from the Sunday game against the Raiders.

I actually thought the offense was okay considering there was no back up halfback and I believe no WR that could be 1 or2

on most other NFL teams. The offense also did not lay down coming down the field for 2 late scores, and who knows

what would have happened had we recovered the 2nd onside kick. And remember the defense allowed 3 running plays

to allow the Jets a first down to end the game.

Anyway, tired; tired;  give me a break.

Tired is carrying a lunch bag or box 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, total commuting maybe over a hour, maybe working a

6th day, and maybe working a evening shift to pay the mortgage. Tired is not playing football when it counts  maybe 30 minutes

a day for 8 days a year. And with McDermott rotating defense lineman, they usually are not even out there for 30 minutes.

For those 30 minutes, the pay is more than most make in a full year. I am not saying they don,t beat up their bodies for maybe

a short career, and deserve their money, but tired. I don,t believe after Sunday afternoons game, any of the defense had to toil

9-5  the next few days to bring home a pay check and then go drive to the airport Thursday to get a commercial Jet to go to

New York or Newark and they were tired that evening. 

Besides, it has been said that all teams have shall we say candy in their locker rooms to give them energy or help their aches

and pains.

So tired, I don,t buy it , so lets hope we get an all out performance Sunday and on the road the rest of the year to put a end to

this topic.    

Donald Jones describes playing NFL football as being in repetitive car accidents. You don't think that takes a physical toll? 

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Donald Jones describes playing NFL football as being in repetitive car accidents. You don't think that takes a physical toll? 

I knew a guy in high school whose poor, wreckless driving took the toll of a 12 year NFL vet.  It took a serious toll, I promise. 

Another theory being put out is that the players got so angry that their best defensive lineman got sent packing 

for nothing and if management (including the coach) did not care then why should they. Especially they sent 

him to a team that he may get a ring from which was weird. If they were that upset with Dareus why not send

him to to the Browns or 49ers and then maybe he wished hewould have put out 100% with the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

Another theory being put out is that the players got so angry that their best defensive lineman got sent packing 

for nothing and if management (including the coach) did not care then why should they. Especially they sent 

him to a team that he may get a ring from which was weird. If they were that upset with Dareus why not send

him to to the Browns or 49ers and then maybe he wished hewould have put out 100% with the Bills. 

I saw this rumor circulating on social media too. Only problem is why did we play so good against the Raiders? Remember Dareus was traded before that game.

Either way Dareus is likely in a better situation being close to home and still think the Jags are a legit dark horse SB caliber team with that defense and running game. But just like everybody else in the AFC not sure they have much shot winning a playoff game in Foxboro.

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I saw this rumor circulating on social media too. Only problem is why did we play so good against the Raiders? Remember Dareus was traded before that game.

Either way Dareus is likely in a better situation being close to home and still think the Jags are a legit dark horse SB caliber team with that defense and running game. But just like everybody else in the AFC not sure they have much shot winning a playoff game in Foxboro.

What will you do when Brady and BB are done? It's coming.