The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Still on pace for a one term President :)

Morning Foxx! 

top o' the mornin' to ya

i dunno, i might just go ahead and get a head start on 2024 seeing as you really have noone upon the stage at this time and two years is a really short amount of time to get someone up there.

Edited by Foxx

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

top o' the mornin' to ya

i dunno, i might just go ahead and get a head start on 2024 seeing as you really have noone upon the stage at this time and two years is a really short amount of time to get someone up there.

It's better to have a fresh face running. Less opportunity to attack the person. Bill Clinton, W, Obama and Trump were all pretty new to the national scene when elected. Bush senior, Gore, Mccain and Hillary were all long in the public eye and got beat. 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's better to have a fresh face running. Less opportunity to attack the person. Bill Clinton, W, Obama and Trump were all pretty new to the national scene when elected. Bush senior, Gore, Mccain and Hillary were all long in the public eye and got beat. 

who do you think will oppose trump in '20 then? Beto?

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't trust polls too many people lie *cough* and the Cruz +5 looks seriously off, but to keep things tidy... (and Manchin is supposedly down.. why he didn't become an R years ago, I have no idea)

Supposed to be meeting today with the two folks who run polling shops. I'll be curious to hear if they have changed their opinions on what's going to happen based on the news cycle this week with the no-bomb-bomber.

• Like (+1) 1

(again, Larry is a conservative - but he's basing this analysis on votes cast so far, not poll numbers)

The same is playing out in California, but no one is talking about it. LA/SF are different beasts, but all over California, especially in the battleground races (of which there are 8 ) early voter turnout is up for both sides but off the charts for the GOP. That's just early voting - but what it means is that the battleground elections are going to be determined by voter turn out on election day, and that's a contest the GOP traditionally wins regardless of their energy. 

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I can't tell if Trump is bad at this racism thing, or if he just found a whole bunch of uneducated, mentally ill Uncle Tom negroes hanging out at Kanye's house.

He's not woke enough to be truly racist.

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Goddamn. Can't say the guy doesn't have energy.

He's singlehandedly trying to retain the house and senate for the GOP. He used to do 3-5 rallies a day when running for president. I have no idea how he does it. He's the same age as my parents, and he exhausts me! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's singlehandedly trying to retain the house and senate for the GOP. He used to do 3-5 rallies a day when running for president. I have no idea how he does it. He's the same age as my parents, and he exhausts me! 

Oompa-Loompas are very hard workers, with great stamina.  Why do you think Wonka employed them?

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"BREAKING NEWS: Is Trump's Boundless Energy Due to Cocaine Or Methamphetamine Abuse?"  [/CNN chyron]

The NY Times has released an article citing unnamed sources using unnamed methods who have spoken with sources who have personal knowledge that Trump routinely uses his non-governmental iPhones to contact vicious drug dealers to purchase drugs with taxpayer money while on the campaign trail.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

The NY Times has released an article citing unnamed sources using unnamed methods who have spoken with sources who have personal knowledge that Trump routinely uses his non-governmental iPhones to contact vicious drug dealers to purchase drugs with taxpayer money while on the campaign trail.

To be clear - you are fine with the US prez blabbing unsecured? 

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

There is no way John James will be allowed to win.  Dude makes Obama look like a pile of puke

i hate to be the bearer of bad news for Johnny but, the Republicans don't care about blacks either.

Google News push notification this morning on my phone had a "48 Hours of Fact Checking Trump"

Yahoo mail (my junk mail account) had an email from Yahoo News titled "Obama delivers sharpest takedown of Trump".  Inside the email was a link to a similarly named article as well as an article on voting irregularities in Texas, Chris Cuomo mocking Sarah Sanders, and Andrew Gillium is the World Champion of Devastating Political Ethers

It's almost like they know the great unwashed masses are tuning them out

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Google News push notification this morning on my phone had a "48 Hours of Fact Checking Trump"

Yahoo mail (my junk mail account) had an email from Yahoo News titled "Obama delivers sharpest takedown of Trump".  Inside the email was a link to a similarly named article as well as an article on voting irregularities in Texas, Chris Cuomo mocking Sarah Sanders, and Andrew Gillium is the World Champion of Devastating Political Ethers

It's almost like they know the great unwashed masses are tuning them out

Yup. 

The early numbers are very, very bad for them in battleground states and that's creating a lot of anxiety in those who have been pushing a blue wave outcome.

I got into an argument with my lovely ladyfriend last night. She's very involved in local politics and showed me a FB post from her friend who said something like: "I worked two blocks away from where they found a package bomb. You better vote." Without thinking I just said, "but there weren't real bombs" which generated an instant groan and response of "we have different ideas of what a bomb is." ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

The early numbers are very, very bad for them in battleground states and that's creating a lot of anxiety in those who have been pushing a blue wave outcome.

I got into an argument with my lovely ladyfriend last night. She's very involved in local politics and showed me a FB post from her friend who said something like: "I worked two blocks away from where they found a package bomb. You better vote." Without thinking I just said, "but there weren't real bombs" which generated an instant groan and response of "we have different ideas of what a bomb is." ?‍♂️

Community events are what I fear most. I am going to a Halloween event volunteering in my town. And there is the largest gathering event in the entire southeast region today here today, too.  Almost 300,000 come to my town for a barbeque festival. us locals stay home all day

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Community events are what I fear most. I am going to a Halloween event volunteering in my town. And there is the largest gathering event in the entire southeast region today here today, too.  Almost 300,000 come to my town for a barbeque festival. us locals stay home all day

It's a fine line to walk, for sure. Big gatherings are targets - especially in swing states/battleground states like yours. Can't live your life in fear, but have to be aware. 

We're in the end game. Desperation will only grow, and it was already rampant...

More thoughts from Larry's analysis of the numbers (more to the thread). Again, he's a conservative and not shy about it. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a fine line to walk, for sure. Big gatherings are targets - especially in swing states/battleground states like yours. Can't live your life in fear, but have to be aware. 

We're in the end game. Desperation will only grow, and it was already rampant...

More thoughts from Larry's analysis of the numbers (more to the thread). Again, he's a conservative and not shy about it. 

The panhandle will be an interesting area to watch this year.  Hurricane Michael really did major damage to a large swath of homes and businesses. I'm not sure there are mailboxes, let alone mail delivery yet, for early voting. That means hoofing it to your voting station on election day. If I do not have a home (or my home is still uninhabitable), I am not certain voting is the first thing on my mind. And the panhandle is ruby-red, so that could really hurt the GOP in Florida. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

The panhandle will be an interesting area to watch this year.  Hurricane Michael really did major damage to a large swath of homes and businesses. I'm not sure there are mailboxes, let alone mail delivery yet, for early voting. That means hoofing it to your voting station on election day. If I do not have a home (or my home is still uninhabitable), I am not certain voting is the first thing on my mind. And the panhandle is ruby-red, so that could really hurt the GOP in Florida. 

100%

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

voter repression!

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Without thinking I just said, "but there weren't real bombs" which generated an instant groan and response of "we have different ideas of what a bomb is." ?‍♂️

Who the ***** are you to determine whether or not that package self-identifies as a bomb?!?

• Haha (+1) 3