Week 10: Saints' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Gaines Out

NFL Insiders predict: Can Bills pull off the upset?

The Bills are coming off a disappointing loss to the Jets, but two of our experts see Buffalo bouncing back to get a victory over the red-hot Saints on Sunday.

What's your top upset pick for Week 10?

Dan Graziano, NFL writer: Bills over Saints. I like Buffalo's chances for a bounce-back at home with a few extra days of rest. Last Thursday's game was uncharacteristic of this year's Bills team, which has avoided turnovers and dumb penalties, but didn't do so in the loss to the Jets. I'm willing to believe the Bills just laid an egg and will be better in their next game, which will likely feature the Bills debut of Kelvin Benjamin. And the Saints have to lose again at some point, right?

Mike Sando, senior NFL writer: Bills over Saints. I'll take the Bills to bounce back at home against New Orleans in a game that could feature chilly temperatures and rain. That's no knock on the Saints, however. They'll win 10 to 13 games this season as long as they keep allowing under 22 points per game. That has been their track record in the Sean Payton-Drew Brees era.

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

The Saints re-signed veteran DT John Hughes and released G John Greco on Wednesday. Hughes was just released on Monday to make room for OT Bryce Harris.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NFL Insiders predict: Can Bills pull off the upset?

What's your top upset pick for Week 10?

Dan Graziano, NFL writer: Bills over Saints. I like Buffalo's chances for a bounce-back at home with a few extra days of rest. Last Thursday's game was uncharacteristic of this year's Bills team, which has avoided turnovers and dumb penalties, but didn't do so in the loss to the Jets. I'm willing to believe the Bills just laid an egg and will be better in their next game, which will likely feature the Bills debut of Kelvin Benjamin. And the Saints have to lose again at some point, right?

Mike Sando, senior NFL writer: Bills over Saints. I'll take the Bills to bounce back at home against New Orleans in a game that could feature chilly temperatures and rain. That's no knock on the Saints, however. They'll win 10 to 13 games this season as long as they keep allowing under 22 points per game. That has been their track record in the Sean Payton-Drew Brees era.

grazianos take is kinda where i'm at. i'm not really all that optimistic going into sunday but I like the odds of an nfl team not being able to win 7 in a row. i'll play the odds here.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Reaaaallllllyyyy need Gaines to be good enough to go on Sunday, more so than any other player coming back from injury.

I got to agree. Gaines is way more important than Clay or even Cordy. Dawkins has played well enough, not Cordy level. The secondary is a turnover making machine when they are all playing together.

Drew Brees, "It's about playing complimentary football" (12:04)

Saints quarterback Drew Brees addresses the media as the Saints begin preparations for this Sunday's road game vs the Buffalo Bills

Quotes from Drew Brees media availability on Nov. 8

Quarterback Drew Brees spoke to the media post-practice on Wednesday, Nov. 8

Quotes from Bills head coach Sean McDermott

Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott spoke to the New Orleans media on Wednesday, Nov. 8

Afternoon Wrap for Wednesday, November 8  (4:55)

Cindy Robinson and John Deshazier get you up to date on your Saints related news as they prepare for this Sunday's road game vs the Buffalo Bills in this edition of the Afternoon Wrap.

FPI's must-watch games in Week 10: Bills vs. Saints

ESPN's FPI hadn't really bought the Bills as a quality team even before their loss to the Jets last week. That's why the Saints are favorites in Buffalo even though the Bills have a winning record.

5. New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, Fox)

Matchup quality: 60 out of 100
FPI win projection: Saints, 56 percent
FPI playoff leverage: Bills, 22 percent; Saints, 11 percent
It's not as if the Saints suddenly have the best defense in football. It's just that when Drew Brees is your quarterback, you basically just need to not have one of the worst defenses in football. And the Saints have most certainly accomplished that.
The Saints rank 15th in defensive efficiency so far this season, good enough to help Brees and the powerful offense (third in efficiency) earn six straight wins.
FPI hadn't really bought the Bills as a quality team even before their loss to the Jets last week, and now the model ranks Buffalo as the 24th-best team in the NFL. That's why the Saints -- whom FPI has as the seventh-best team going forward and 4.7 points per game over an average NFL team -- are favorites in Buffalo even though the Bills have a winning record.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FPI's must-watch games in Week 10: Bills vs. Saints

5. New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, Fox)

Matchup quality: 60 out of 100
FPI win projection: Saints, 56 percent
FPI playoff leverage: Bills, 22 percent; Saints, 11 percent
It's not as if the Saints suddenly have the best defense in football. It's just that when Drew Brees is your quarterback, you basically just need to not have one of the worst defenses in football. And the Saints have most certainly accomplished that.
The Saints rank 15th in defensive efficiency so far this season, good enough to help Brees and the powerful offense (third in efficiency) earn six straight wins.
FPI hadn't really bought the Bills as a quality team even before their loss to the Jets last week, and now the model ranks Buffalo as the 24th-best team in the NFL. That's why the Saints -- whom FPI has as the seventh-best team going forward and 4.7 points per game over an average NFL team -- are favorites in Buffalo even though the Bills have a winning record.

I hate facts. 

How does Buffalo respond after first dud of the season?

Can the Bills' defense contain Alvin Kamara?

How does Buffalo's run defense perform after letting Jets run wild?

Will the weather benefit the Bills in Week 10?

Is LeSean McCoy in line for a big game?

Can Kelvin Benjamin make an impact in first game with Bills?

Will Charles Clay pick up where he left off?

Will Sean McDermott's knowledge of the Saints offense help Buffalo?

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I got to agree. Gaines is way more important than Clay or even Cordy. Dawkins has played well enough, not Cordy level. The secondary is a turnover making machine when they are all playing together.

It really is. When EJ is at CB we arent getting torched. Expect derm to draft another cb this draft.

LORENZO ALEXANDER: "BEING PHYSICAL" (3:31)

Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander spoke with the media about not giving up big plays, winning on the defensive side of the ball, and facing Drew Brees and the Saints offense.

BILLS VS. SAINTS: THROUGH THE YEARS

tempa2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960

Relive memorable Bills versus Saints games throughout the years.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

What were the odds of a team winning 6 in a row? 

I think the Bills can win thanks to them being at home and a mini bye should've helped, but the fact that the Saints are on a long winning streak has nothing to do with it.

If they don't stop the run it will be a long and frustrating afternoon. Nothing is more infuriating than watching the opposing team run it down your throats with no answer for it.... as we saw way too many times with Rex and his defense.

this isn't rocket science. in a league with parity the odds go down each week that a team can keep a streak going. its not a hard concept. the longer a streak goes the worse the odds get becuz there's just not a great probability of a team keeping up such a streak in a league like the nfl.... so ya. there is a little something behind that. but whatever. argue for the sake of it if you feel like it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this isn't rocket science. in a league with parody the odds go down each week that a team can keep a streak going. its not a hard concept. the longer a streak goes the worse the odds get. so ya. there is a little something behind that. but whatever. argue for the sake of it if you feel like it. 

Oh there's parody alright. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

Saints at Bills

MDS’s take: The improvement of the Saints’ pass defense this season has been nothing short of remarkable. I think they’ll keep it going and New Orleans will win a defensive struggle.

MDS’s pick: Saints 17, Bills 14.

Florio’s take: The schedule gets tougher for the 6-2 Saints, and the 5-3 Bills can’t afford too many more losses. The extra time makes the difference for the Bills, whose head coach knows a thing or two about the Saints from his time in Carolina.

Florio’s pick: Bills 23, Saints 20.

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yikes, this is definitely not the week we want to be down 2 starting especially on the left side which has been the only bright spot this year.

Hopefully Incognito can play on Sunday but not an encouraging sign especially with 10 days off before the game.

Its a veterans rest day...what don't you understand about that?

11 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Its a veterans rest day...what don't you understand about that?

Good to know, but that wasn't initially posted hence my concern.

No need to freak out.

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right? lol

I also don't know why he would seem to care when in another thread he just recently said we don't have a shot even if everyone is healthy.

We definitely have a shot but this is a true separation sunday matchup and the better team almost always wins regardless of venue. And the better team is certainly the Saints in just about every area including coaching, QB, defense, running game, etc.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Crazy idea.... if Richie can go Sunday why not put Groy at RG? 

Crazy idea ... Bills coaches probably already asked themselves this question.  

There's a reason Groy doesn't start.   It's the same reason anyone else doesn't start - he isn't performing as well as the guy who does start.