Tyrod vs Russell Wilson — Statistic breakdown of first 3 years

LA Grant

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah because whether or not a QB has been to the playoffs is ONLY on the QB.  Tell that to Brees who has not sniffed playoffs in last 5 years despite averaging nearly 5000 yards per season and gaudy TD's.  

Your comment is about as weak as it gets for a rebuttal and utterly useless in the discussion.  Seattle has had a great roster with great coaching.  Tyrod had the idiot Ryan brothers, one of the worst D's in the league for his first 2 years, 3 OC's, and a piss poor cupboard of weapons.  Yet DESPITE all the disadvantages, hes nearly mirrored what Russel did with superior everything around him.  

You need a new schtick, the one you keep sticking too contradicts all reality.

Lol, because when I think of Seattle, I think "superior weapons and OL."

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Lol, because when I think of Seattle, I think "superior weapons and OL."

Maybe because you don't know how to think about the 3 years referenced in the stats.  They had a better collection of players on both sides of the ball than Tyrod had during his stretch here, not to mention a SUPERIOR coaching staff and Defense.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Where again did I blame the Jets loss solely on TT. Nice try though. 

Things you have blamed Tyrod for in your quest to blame him for everything:

1. OJ
  2. Jar Jar Binks
  3. Trump
  4. Ghostbusters 2
  5. Vietnam
  6. Jesus Juice
  7. Carrot Tops Face
  8. Impotence
  9. Your bald spot
  10. American Obesity

I think I got most of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Things you have blamed Tyrod for in your quest to blame him for everything:

1. OJ
  2. Jar Jar Binks
  3. Trump
  4. Ghostbusters 2
  5. Vietnam
  6. Jesus Juice
  7. Carrot Tops Face
  8. Impotence
  9. Your bald spot
  10. American Obesity

I think I got most of them.

Wow what an informative post from you. Pretty typical

7 hours ago, the skycap said:

As MAJ said, TT is a "bridge" QB. He's a Frank Reich type QB. Good enough to win you games, but can't put team on his back.

You just described all but a few QB's in the league.  The rookie QB's who are guaranteed franchise guys coming out in the draft are few and far between too, in spite of what the yearly, agent led, journalist assited,. hype machine tries to convince fans of.  Tyrod is a pretty good QB.  He has flaws, but he also does things other QBs cannot do.  If he's a bridge, he's a better one than most teams can trot onto the field.    I'm not saying the Bills should not look for that "franchise" type of QB, but the Bills can win with Tyrod. Because of that Beane should keep building the most complete team he can, while at the same time investing in the QB position if there is one he believes in.

I like Tyrod,hes tough both mentally and physically just don't ask him to lead a comeback from 2  scores down the wheels tend to fall off the wagon then..

But I am also not ready to just hand the keys to the Caddy to some rookie QB.

Sure the bills should draft one or maybe two but lets have a competition at the OTA's, Camp and PS Games.

If the Rookie is the clear winner then he gets to take it for a spin around the block.

Until then I am sure McD wouldn't mind having TT as the starter.

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

In before doesn't count cuz Tyrod has been in the league for 40 years and Wilson won a superbowl.

WOW - I could have sworn that there were more players on the Seahawks team in that game. 

It takes a TEAM to WIN.

I've been saying this for a while now thanks op for putting it together in one place.  Their production is very similar.  The difference is the team around them.  The defense and legion of boom was much more important to their team success that Russel was.  Even still Wilson will put up stinkers.  I'm on mobile but I believe the Seahawks scored 12 or less points 5 times in 2016.  Tyrod meanwhile has a consecutive game streak at home that leads the NFL of scoring 20 or more 1e straight times.

Another stat I bring up regularly is Wilson passing for 103 yards in a playoff win during their super bowl win.  Be honest majbobby would you give TT credit for that win? How about the super bowl that was dominated by the defense?

13 hours ago, the skycap said:

Guys , let's stop making excuses for TT. Yes, he has nice stats but he doesn't scare NFL defenses with his arm!! As MAJ said, TT is a "bridge" QB. He's a Frank Reich type QB. Good enough to win you games, but can't put team on his back.

^^^ Exactly.  All good QB's do this.  TT has 3-4 4th quarter "comebacks"?  How many of them were 10 or more points down?

Can you get rid of garbage time yards, and compare yards and points on 3rd down when the game is on the line?

With TT, you throw out half the playbook. He still doesn't throw over the middle, and this year and he doesn't even throw to his WRs anymore. He is so inaccurate. Almost as bad as EJ.

In the Bills wins this year, the defense has been more dominant than Seattle's. 

Even if the Bills had Wilson, you still take a top QB this year.