Why did our D suck so bad tonight?

Klaista2k

I know the whole team was really bad tonight, but what was really troubling was how bad we looked on Defense.

I thought we were supposed to be pretty good on D this year yet the Jets ran all the !@#$ over us.

How concerned should we be?

They played like tired, stupid, !@#$s who were outcoached.

Sloppy tackling and undisciplined play killed them. The facemask penalties were idiotic. Hughes' meltdown was unconscionable, especially after the ref told him "that's enough" at least twice before throwing the flag.

They lost all semblance of discipline on defense, and McCoach needs to figure out why. I would not be overly concerned if the meltdown was a matter of just playing 4 days ago. I would be concerned if it were something else.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can cite the absence of Dareus but doing so without acknowledging that Dareus contract which was terrible, got moved. Who is to say that MD wouldn't further injure his reputation and turn that contract from terrible to unmovable.

There was a risk keeping him on the roster, not just dealing with him in the locker room.

They had an out year in 2019.

Humber was real bad, same with Lorax. These guys are career ST'ers who are pretending to be LBs in a scheme that needs good ones.

LBs are a product of the D-linemen ahead of them. The defensive line got out-muscled most of the night, exposing the LBs deficiencies....

Kyle Williams has been fine. Why make up something?

Humber was terrible last night and probably shouldn't have started. Our run fits were terrible, especially Humber.

I agree on the front 7. Lacks talent. They can't have poor run fits like last night. That could be because of a short week, lack of preparation.

KW is a hell of his former self. Not saying he's been terrible this year because he hasn't but he's not the same guy anymore and last night was certainly his worst game of the year (like most of the players on this team).

Go back and watch the game if you have it recorded though, KW was manhandled on a lot of plays not even double teamed either.

They obviously didn't want him here collecting checks and influencing guys. Had a chance to move him and took it. In the short term does it hurt the DT depth, obviously.

I think it was more he wasn't a kiss ass to the coach. I like McDermott but he runs a cult of personality club. Marcell is never going to be a guy who trusts you. He's from the ghetto. Marcell is a prove it to me why I should trust you, guy. He's not going to take into a cult style from the HC until he proves he's worth trusting. I know many kids like him. They will be standoffish the entire time you know them. Then when they trust you, they will die for you. Literally.

Get ready for the Saints run game gonna see a repeat

They can really run the football at the moment. Thats been the key for the Saints IMO. Im hoping 10 days changes some things. Are there any big run stuffing tackles out there? Even if they only play the early downs that would probably be a decent use of a roster spot.

LBs are a product of the D-linemen ahead of them. The defensive line got out-muscled most of the night, exposing the LBs deficiencies....

Yes, and also sometimes the LBs took poor angles, didn't hit their fits, over pursued and missed tackles

I think it was more he wasn't a kiss ass to the coach. I like McDermott but he runs a cult of personality club. Marcell is never going to be a guy who trusts you. He's from the ghetto. Marcell is a prove it to me why I should trust you, guy. He's not going to take into a cult style from the HC until he proves he's worth trusting. I know many kids like him. They will be standoffish the entire time you know them. Then when they trust you, they will die for you. Literally.

That's pretty broad and sloppy.

I can't blame a coach for not wanting his highest paid player being a negative influence on younger guys. See Mario Williams.

How do you think guys flock towards 100 million dollar men? I'm sure they have all the coolest cars, houses, etc. They have what the young guys want...

Folks often ignore the human aspect of all this. The guy got suspended multiple times for substance abuse, got fat, rode a bike, got fat again, constant muscle pulls, missing flights etc. This is the highest paid guy on the team. A soft spoken, detached, slug.

Short term it opens up a hole in the roster but long term it makes a ton of sense. They are trying to build a winning program not appease a 350 pound man child with no self discipline.

Who said "can't win with em"

Edited by Commonsense

KW is a hell of his former self. Not saying he's been terrible this year because he hasn't but he's not the same guy anymore and last night was certainly his worst game of the year (like most of the players on this team).

Go back and watch the game if you have it recorded though, KW was manhandled on a lot of plays not even double teamed either.

Kyle may have had a bad game, he didn't stand out just watching live, but for the year he has been good.