Edwards, Fitz, Tyrod....

row_33

I'm not even a Tyrod guy and I thought he had a good game considering the line. Hewas connecting on short slants all night which is what we need to do when the running game is getting shut down.

We should have been throwing those passes early. Dennison gets too cute with the run plays. Seems to think that if Tolbert is on the field theyll be expecting a pass so we just HAVE to run to keep the defense honest. Me I dont care about keeping the defense honest. When they think we are passing the ball we should pass the ball. Tyrod was throwing accurately and when our receivers werent fumbling they were catching the ball. So lets bring out Mike Tolbert to run into a wall of defenders.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is called looking ar the game as a big picture view.

With a Better QB does the game play out like it did? Or did it play out that way because we have a flawed QB?

With a better passing QB are there 9-10 in the box and at least 5 coming on every pass rush and a 6th assigned as a spy? Or does the team respect the throwing of a better QB?

Does the defense let up 200 yards on the ground if they were not on the field forever and trying with every tackle to cause a fumble to help an offense that cannot move the ball?

Stacking the box means we have to pass. When we did, we were pretty successful. When Tyrod had any kind of time he was accurate and made good decisions. Dennison for whatever reason kept running up the middle even when we were down 2+ scores. It was maddening to watch.

And really Bobby youre going to blame our defense missing tackles on Tyrod too. No one can take you seriously when you dont even pretend to be objective.

We lost for the exact same reason we have been winning. Turnovers stopping the run and limiting penalties. Playcalling was an issue when i was counting eight guys in the box and we kept trying to run dive plays with Tolbert. With shady sometimes he finds a crease even with a stacked box but, Tolbert usually gets stopped.

Stupid penalties and costly turnovers really swayed the game towards the Jets and our defense was getting gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field.

With the pass rush they had going last night you would need a frankenstein QB of Montanna/Marino/Vick to do anything even near productive the O line wasn't doing well & the O coordinator needed to take shots down the field but because of the pass rush they had NO time !!

Stacking the box means we have to pass. When we did, we were pretty successful. When Tyrod had any kind of time he was accurate and made good decisions. Dennison for whatever reason kept running up the middle even when we were down 2+ scores. It was maddening to watch.

And really Bobby youre going to blame our defense missing tackles on Tyrod too. No one can take you seriously when you dont even pretend to be objective.

Did i ever once blame the total defense collapse on TT. I said OFFENSE which is TT led is it not.

The defende was clearly trying to strip the ball. Why because the TT LED OFFENSE could not move the ball.

The defense was on the field a ton. Why because the TT LED OFFENSE could not sustain drives.

Lets not forget also that your three year starter STILL does not audible

Edited by MAJBobby

Coach said need to take an "honest" look at themselves. If coach & staff still think Tyrod can take this team past mediocrity, they are simply not being honest with themselves. Sometimes, the fans actually do know what is best - we know what futility looks like at QB, for sure.

Because turnovers dry up. But hey i did see the typical TT led offense go three and out, three and out, three and out when the defense needed a drive to get some rest before you know they broke.

Did you also notice that Tyrod was handing the ball off on first and second down so McCoy/Tolbert could run into a stacked box, leaving 3rd and long with a pass rush in his face before the receivers could run the 12 yards needed for a first down?

Tyrod was crippled by poor play calling and terrible OLine play.

This was a game where we needed to pass on early downs to open up the run, but didn't adjust our game plan at all.

I'm not even a Tyrod guy and I thought he had a good game considering the line. Hewas connecting on short slants all night which is what we need to do when the running game is getting shut down.

The last playoff season we had the same thing, Rob Johnson would be deluged in half a second and Flutie was in shotgun and rolling to either sideline running for his life.

Oline is no excuse, the greats find a way to make it work.

We actually got 45 rushing yards if you dont include Tyrods option play, and the Jets got 194. So I did the search again with those factors. Out of 110 games there were only 2 wins. 108 losses. Nobody wins when your opponent can run all over you, and you cant run on them.

This is inarguable when you look at game history. We couldnt run all day but people want to act like Tyrod is more to blame than the offensive line. Pretty obvious who here has an agenda.

Impossible to talk to some people about Tyrod.

Its like, do some people even want him to succeed and see the Bills win?

Or do people want him to suck so they can say "I told you say" and rip him any chance they get on twobillsdrive.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Was he good last night? Probably average.

Was he the reason they lost? Not even close

Wrong! You simply haven't been paying attention this season as evidenced by what I highlighted that post.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one 26Corner. Your entitle to your opinion just as much as myself.

Really? You might want to learn how to chart passes. How many Slants has Taylor actually threw this year.

Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this MAJBobby. For some reason some people are happy with mediocre QB's and will defend it with their last dying breath.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one 26Corner. Your entitle to your opinion just as much as myself.

Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this MAJBobby. For some reason some people are happy with mediocre QB's and will defend it with their last dying breath.

That's cool, but he didn't have much of a chance last night.

That's cool, but he didn't have much of a chance last night.

I definitely can't argue that. They were out played for certain. My only point is that if the defense has no reason to fear being beat by his Arm, if they game plan around containing him you seriously take away the effectiveness TT has as a QB because he can't save himself or the offense with his legs.

The Jets Defense is better than a lot of people give them credit for so they can set the edge well. Not all defenses can do that as effectively which is why TT was been effective in the most of the first 7 games.

I definitely can't argue that. They were out played for certain. My only point is that if the defense has no reason to fear being beat by his Arm, if they game plan around containing him you seriously take away the effectiveness TT has as a QB because he can't save himself or the offense with his legs.

The Jets Defense is better than a lot of people give them credit for so they can set the edge well. Not all defenses can do that as effectively which is why TT was been effective in the most of the first 7 games.

Some teams can pull that off and some cannot because Tyrod has enjoyed success this season. We'll see what happens moving forward.

Uh oh.

Do I smell heat maps?

In all seriousness the offense was a disaster last night in all aspects.... but I'd put Tyrod pretty low on the totem pole. Dennison loved to run Tolbert and McCoy into the 9 man front on first and second down constantly putting us in third and long and the offensive line was eaten alive.

Defense couldn't tackle to save their lives and were more concerned with trying to strip the ball away.

Even the positives were negated by penalties, dropped INTs or injuries.

The game was a complete cluster !@#$.

This^^^^