Official fire Rick Dennison thread

13 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Yeah that was so !@#$ing stupid.

He jus threw a fade a few downs earlier.

Stupid stupid playcall

Worse is that Peterman said after the game that the fade was actually the audible because the Patriots stacked the box. The original call? QB draw. Real original play calling and scheming there, Dennison

Edited by JM57

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Worse is that Peterman said after the game that the fade was actually the audible because the Patriots stacked the box. The original call? QB draw. Real original play calling and scheming there, Dennison

I remember reading that and being even more pissed off than originally.

• Like (+1) 1

Dennison is always a threat to ruin a good looking drive. Doesn’t matter who the QB is if he calls a fade on 4th and goal. He probably doesn’t even know that is a low percentage play. We won’t know if Peterman is any good until Dennison is gone and we have 1 receiver capable of separation.

I thought Dennison was fine yesterday.  The goalline series with Peterman in wasn't the best called series of all time but it wasn't a tire fire either.  Most of our offensive ineptitude yesterday was, as it has been much of the season, execution.  So, so many well drawn up and poorly executed plays.  From Tyrod, from our o-line, our backs, or receivers running wrong routes and of course the big miss by Webb of a wide open Cadet.  

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, HappyDays said:

I think we would have lost this game no matter what because of how poor the defense played and our 3 turnovers. But there is no excuse for all the runs up the middle. This was the Carolina game all over again.

The strategy had nothing to do with the emasculation that happened yesterday. You have to mix in the run or your mediocre qbs are going to overwhelmed. Even if a running play doesn't get you much yardage it at least keeps the defense a little honest so it doesn't go full throttle at the qb. 

The Bills got destroyed by the Saints, Pats and even the Chargers. Those are measuring stick games that indicate how low on the totem pole this team actually is. This team is bereft of talent. It's as simple as that. Our starting mobile qb simply isn't good enough to compensate for the lack of talent in other areas. Every unit on the team is deficient except for the defensive backfield, the kickers and backfield. 

Coaching strategy means little without talent. That's where we are. Until the team gets an authentic franchise qb and infusion of talent is added to this dry well this team will continue to lag. 

What did it for me was throwing the ball 6 times inside the 10 yard line resulting in an interception and a 4 and out (with a rookie QB).... especially when you have McCoy it was dreadful.  Calling screens and 10 yard curls when you need 12+.  

It's play calling and play design ... it's as if we don't have plays for 3rd and Long.  Switching to the zone scheme was a stupid call and that's on the HC. 

I want him gone and I don't usually call for someone to be gone.  

Just now, NakedSquid said:

What did it for me was throwing the ball 6 times inside the 10 yard line resulting in an interception and a 4 and out (with a rookie QB).... especially when you have McCoy it was dreadful.  Calling screens and 10 yard curls when you need 12+.  

It's play calling and play design ... it's as if we don't have plays for 3rd and Long.  Switching to the zone scheme was a stupid call and that's on the HC. 

I want him gone and I don't usually call for someone to be gone.  

Hey are you related to thundering squid? :lol:

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought Dennison was fine yesterday.  The goalline series with Peterman in wasn't the best called series of all time but it wasn't a tire fire either.  Most of our offensive ineptitude yesterday was, as it has been much of the season, execution.  So, so many well drawn up and poorly executed plays.  From Tyrod, from our o-line, our backs, or receivers running wrong routes and of course the big miss by Webb of a wide open Cadet.  

Look at what the Rams are doing with Goff and tell me if you think Dennison is good enough. McVay knows that Goff is still learning to read the full field. What is his remedy? Playing a lot of 4 WR sets with a bunch to one side and then having him read that side of the field and throw. What does Dennison do with a limited QB? Here's my scheme. Run it.

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Look at what the Rams are doing with Goff and tell me if you think Dennison is good enough. McVay knows that Goff is still learning to read the full field. What is his remedy? Playing a lot of 4 WR sets with a bunch to one side and then having him read that side of the field and throw. What does Dennison do with a limited QB? Here's my scheme. Run it.

I'm not saying Dennison is Sean McVay.... and that is a ridiculous argument. If he pushed for Peterman he should go.... and as an OC he has been below average.... but the execution week after week after week has sucked.  And I tend to give the playcaller a break when the players can't execute simple concepts.   

I saw all I needed to see on 4th and goal on the 1 when the game was still kind of in reach. He called a low percentage play that you try on 1st or 2nd and goal. You have got to give that ball to Mcoy or play action to a drag route or even a QB bootleg that Peterman is capable of running as well. Terrible play calling cost us a td.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not saying Dennison is Sean McVay.... and that is a ridiculous argument. If he pushed for Peterman he should go.... and as an OC he has been below average.... but the execution week after week after week has sucked.  And I tend to give the playcaller a break when the players can't execute simple concepts.   

I'm not saying Dennison = McVay. What I'm saying is that good coaches realize that players have imperfections and adjust the offense or defense to minimize those issues. Dennison is not doing that. When you also add in the fact it's a stale uninspiring offense to begin with, he really needs to be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Not McD's first choice.  Played not to lose in 2nd half, can't go far that way.  Players deserved to feel better about today than Dennison allowed.  He has GOT TO GO!  Pathetic play calling, if I was Shady I would go on strike over some of those calls.  This need not have been close, but we went into the Denishell.  He gets a lead and turtles.