ESPN: The Great Tyrod Taylor Debate

YoloinOhio

Did you include his 44 rush attempts? Those are technically drop backs where he didn't throw the ball, give or take maybe one or two designed runs. So I got .0875. Should always include rush attempts because alot of those are sacks or runs. That's why stats don't always tell the whole story because you have to include all the stats.

Really? Is this what you're reduced to ?!?

In another one of those special Taylor Exceptions his critics so love, now Tyrod is to be assessed phantom passes - at least until we muscle the numbers in line with our preconceptions.......

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing the same as he's always played.

Absolutely.

But Tyrod is definitely a very good athlete. The thing Tyrod does best in my opinion is make the first would-be tackler of him miss.

Tyrod's ability to shake loose 1 guy in the backfield and buy time to either take off running or look around for a pass is as good as any QB I've ever seen.

When I see a single guy heading for him in some space, I find myself thinking "no problem, Tyrod will shake that guy loose with a great little move" and I swear, I think he always does.

It's almost automatic!

Really? Is this what you're reduced to ?!?

In another one of those special Taylor Exceptions his critics so love, now Tyrod is to be assessed phantom passes - at least until we muscle the numbers in line with our preconceptions.......

I'm not reduced to anything. I guess when I have time I'll look into it more. A couple of those runs could be included in that 20+ yard plays too their slick. Reason why it's important. Keep derpin.

WRONG

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that was on Logan Thomas. He is supposed to break his route to the empty endzone when he sees the safety vacate his zone. It was a clear TD if Thomas looked there before he made his break. Tyrod even tried to wave him into the end zone and the guy kept running towards the sideline.

Tyrod has made some mistakes, but if Thomas adjusts his route, and Zay Jones doesn't in Carolina, there's a serious chance that the Bills are playing for 8-0 tonight.

No....Tyrod throws the ball as soon as he comes out, Thomas runs into the endzone easily. As for what Thomas was supposed to do, if you say so....but the NFL isn't always (in fact rarely) perfectly scripted, making decisions on the fly is part of the QB position. He does it when he runs, but he can't do it when he throws? Then he's not an NFL QB.