Broncos Bench Trevor Siemian for Brock Osweiler

ROTFL "Savior Peterman", this speaks volumes about your QB judgement. Simeon (sic) aka Siemian played "lights out" in the first two games. Game 1: 17/28 for 219 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. Game 2: 22/32 for 231 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks.

I'm not saying they were horrid games, but they were what they were: adequate QB play with flashes, some fairly typical 2nd year guy bloops like taking 4 sacks, not "lights out". Siemian's play in the Oak win (after B'lo) was not too dissimilar.

And the Patriots "struggle" in Denver to the tune of 16-3 win in 2016 with a 7 minute edge in TOP. Den beat 'em twice in 2015, but as you correctly point out that was a different Denver team.

Regardless of how you want to describe Simeon's first two games, his numbers pretty much led the league at the time with 6 TD passes.

Just seems a bit premature to pull the plug on him and turn to Osweiler of all people who was probably the worst starting QB in the league last year with Houston.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how you want to describe Simeon's first two games, his numbers pretty much led the league at the time with 6 TD passes.

Just seems a bit premature to pull the plug on him and turn to Osweiler of all people who was probably the worst starting QB in the league last year with Houston.

And Tim Tebow looked good until he faced good teams

He will be 1000x better than you. Any more questions?

no, that was the only one. Did I upset you.... Are you related to Gannon.....and are you sure about 1000x.....

Its' a funny league, but give Denver credit for having a high standard at the QB position. They'll certainly be looking to upgrade next year via FA or the draft.

what does this mean?

no, that was the only one. Did I upset you.... Are you related to Gannon.....and are you sure about 1000x.....

what does this mean?

They are not content with a guy like Simeon even though his metrics haven't been terrible since he's been the starter there the last few years. They also drafted Paxton Lynch with a high draft pick but he hasn't been good enough to start for various reasons.

But this is no surprise for a franchise that has seen all time greats like Elway and Manning win championships there.

They are not content with a guy like Simeon even though his metrics haven't been terrible since he's been the starter there the last few years. They also drafted Paxton Lynch with a high draft pick but he hasn't been good enough to start for various reasons.

But this is no surprise for a franchise that has seen all time greats like Elway and Manning win championships there.

but doesn't every team want to find a great QB?

but doesn't every team want to find a great QB?

Of course but this is still a league in which true franchise QB's are few and far between.

I guess the crux of my argument is most other teams would have stuck with Simeon, at least the rest of this year. Just don't understand the mindset of making the change they did because Osweiler has proven to be terrible with multiple teams now. Just shows how desperate some teams truly are for a spark midseason.

SaviorEdwards is correct as well.....he is on other blogs as well...same avatar just with edwards face in it...lol

Interesting. Didn't realize they were the same guy too.

Also mykidsdad.

Oh, mykidsdad....

I don't know about that one because mykidsdad is also on these forums.

Of course but this is still a league in which true franchise QB's are few and far between.

I guess the crux of my argument is most other teams would have stuck with Simeon, at least the rest of this year. Just don't understand the mindset of making the change they did because Osweiler has proven to be terrible with multiple teams now. Just shows how desperate some teams truly are for a spark midseason.

Siemian has some very obvious limitations.

You know he has connected on one deep ball (35 yards in the air!) all year? His passes have no zip.

Yes, he's jumpy in the pocket, and he's locking on to a receiver from the snap, but physically, he's had some injuries already, isn't super mobile and has poor arm talent. Frankly, he looks like a 7th round athlete, and he's not good enough at the other stuff for the Broncos to give him a full year.

Its' a funny league, but give Denver credit for having a high standard at the QB position. They'll certainly be looking to upgrade next year via FA or the draft.

PUHLEASE

they allowed Osweiler to go, played Siemian then benched him for the Aged walker assisted Peyton Manning.

Then they signed what, 2 more QB's, Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly, and now they are back to Brock?

Sounds more like a hot mess.

PUHLEASE

they allowed Osweiler to go, played Siemian then benched him for the Aged walker assisted Peyton Manning.

Then they signed what, 2 more QB's, Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly, and now they are back to Brock?

They are certainly going to be in the running for a QB in next years draft which is shaping up to be pretty deep at the QB position.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

I tell you what this decision shows yet again.... the offensive system we have adopted that make Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub pro-bowlers and appear like viable "franchise" Quarterbacks.... at least for a short period.... can hide Quarterbacks pretty well. Siemian, while always a borderline top 32 QB, ran it reasonably effectively last year and put into McCoy's offense looks totally exposed.

Not saying the scheme is hiding Tyrod... I don't think that it is. But it bodes well for the future when it might possibly be someone else under centre who is learning the ropes.

After watching the how well Taylor played for the Bills and then how poorly Siemian played for the Broncos, I began wondering if it had been Dennison as his OC last season who made him look like a decent QB ... and that Siemian looked like he could use some mentoring. I've been impressed with the improvement that Taylor's made this season, and I was one of Dennison's hardest critics early on.

I like Rick Dennison. He isn't Kubiak or Shanahan who are the Grandfather and Father of this offense but he is a good, solid, offensive mind and he knows and understands this offense down to the finest detail.

He is not the next Sean McVay but he is a solid, vet OC and I actually really like the job he has done for the most part.

Lynch isn't fit to hold Wentz's jock. Lynch was a 3rd round pick on my board. How John Elway could honestly look at him abd think "1st round QB" I have no idea.

I'm impressed that Dennison's got Vlad Ducasse playing okay at RG. That's a shocker. Ducasse has failed everywhere else he's been.

I think that QBs taken in the bottom half of the first round are pretty unlikely to amount to much. Of the QBs drafted in the bottom half of the first round between 2000 and 2014, one's career has been compromised by injury (Teddy Bridgewater) so I haven't counted him. That leaves 14 others, and the only three who weren't busts were Chad Pennington (2000), Aaron Rodgers (2005), and Joe Flacco (2008). That's only about 1 in 5 of those QBs being worth a first rounder. It doesn't look good for Lynch.

PUHLEASE

Pfff. You just don't get football dude. Denver is playing 10k chess while the rest of the league outside of the Pats, Miami, and the Jets are still playing checkers.

I've been impressed with the improvement that Taylor's made this season, and I was one of Dennison's hardest critics early on.

Not to dig you out but most of Dennison's big critics early on are big Tyrod fans and there was an element, especially after Carolina, of deflection and Dennison got caught in the cross hairs.

But there is no doubt he has continued to tweak what he has to his talent as he has gone. That is to be expected. I think most fans seriously underestimate how long installing a brand new offense can take. And you have to have that base in before you start tweaking and adding wrinkles. Thi isn't Madden where you just call a play run it then call the next one.... a real NFL offense needs a foundation. The bad coordinators on either side refuse to adjust when their base scheme isn't clicking. Rico did, and that is to be commended but the base of this O is still the stretch zone and play action.

Tyrod and Shady are our two biggest play makers by far and Dennison has got them looking more comfortable. Job done.

Edited by GunnerBill