Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

Just now, Desert Bills Fan said:

If the bills get in they are bottom seed......and play #1 seed who will have locked up home field....so will go to Boston and play the Patriots. No thanks... I would rather see 9-7 and on the sidelines, not bad fo4 a rookie coaching staff with 1 WR.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

If the bills get in they are bottom seed......and play #1 seed who will have locked up home field....so will go to Boston and play the Patriots. No thanks... I would rather see 9-7 and on the sidelines, not bad fo4 a rookie coaching staff with 1 WR.

The #1 and #2 seeds have byes on Wild Card weekend.   The Bills would play at Jacksonville as the #6 seed. 

For everyone wishing a specific team won a game 2, 3, 4 weeks ago, you always root for the AFC teams to lose. It doesn't matter what you thought would happen with the rest of the games bc for every way you "finesse" us into the playoffs, there are a 1000 ways it could go wrong. For example, Titans beating Rams and 49ers. Chargers and Chiefs both at 9-7

6 hours ago, Manther said:

I could be wrong, but, if all 4 lose I think the Ravens and us get in.

Titans would get the 6th spot bc (corrected) they currently have the conference tie breaker against us.

Its only two scenarios at this point:

Bills win

Ravens lose

or

Bills win

Titans and Chargers lose

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

So did KC beating LA pretty much screw us?

Not really. It just determined what the Bills needed afterward. There's no way of knowing how the teams played afterward etc. The Titans had a late lead at SF and had the ball in the final 2 vs Rams needing a score. Their failure to close those games out are what cost the Bills in getting the help they needed. Besides, KC won handily vs LAC and defeated them in their earlier meeting this year so it wasn't surprising. 

The Bengals are gonna win.  Balt is not going 6-1 to close the season out.  Theyve won some close games down the stretch and they just aren't THAT good.  Cinci is a big thorn in their sides at Baltimore in recent years.  

The question is can Buffalo beat Miami?  I think the Phins will play hard and honestly the Bills are not that much better than Mia especially at their place.  

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh, please.  Dareus was bad for morale and we were losing to the Chargers no matter who was QB that day.  Our o-line had no answer for Bosa and our defense was porous.  

Yeah Dareus is really slowing the Jags down this year. What a stinker.

Chargers game: Let's think about what Tyrod would have done (not thrown 5 picks I can tell you that.) He played an amazing pass rush against the Broncos, particular Von Miller. Know what he does? He drops back and has to dodge Von Miller running free every darn play. Know what Peterman does? He throws a pick off his back foot as he gets clobbered.

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not really. It just determined what the Bills needed afterward. There's no way of knowing how the teams played afterward etc. The Titans had a late lead at SF and had the ball in the final 2 vs Rams needing a score. Their failure to close those games out are what cost the Bills in getting the help they needed. Besides, KC won handily vs LAC and defeated them in their earlier meeting this year so it wasn't surprising. 

Colts blocked the punt at the end of the game against ravens and had the ball at 1st and goal to tie it or win it and they messed up.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

my gut tells me that we’d have the exact same record even if we would’ve started Tyrod @ LA and kept Dareus.  Same tiebreakers, too

I forgot to set my fantasy team lineup one time this year. What made me feel better is imagining i would have lost that game anyway. Betcha our FO hopes we feel the same way.