If ND wins out... playoff implications

YoloinOhio

If ND wins out they should be a legit CFB playoff team with that schedule. Only loss is to UGA, a top 5 team. But if they do get in, it leaves out 2 power 5 champs. One would be big 12 most likely - without a conf championship game they are always vulnerable. The other - PAC 12? No one has emerged as a dominant team in that conference.

Josh Adams is a monster. A 6'2", 225-230lb running back with that break away speed. He should be in the Heisman convo by mid November if this keeps up. The game plan against USC on defense was excellent and they had Darnold uncomfortable all night. Their schedule didn't seem this strong at the beginning of the year. But if they win out, there is no way they won't be in the playoff.

ND plays 3 more ranked teams - Miami, nc state, and Stanford. Cfb committee will be drooling to have them in it, too.

I find Brian Kelly immensely annoying, but they do look like a compelling team right now.

I am an UGA fan, so I like that this makes the win at South Bend look more impressive.

i didn't think much of that game when it happened, but looking back it may have been one of the biggest games of the year.

If ND wins out they should be a legit CFB playoff team with that schedule. Only loss is to UGA, a top 5 team. But if they do get in, it leaves out 2 power 5 champs. One would be big 12 most likely - without a conf championship game they are always vulnerable. The other - PAC 12? No one has emerged as a dominant team in that conference.

I thought the Big 12 was reinstating its championship game this year?

As a huge ND fan. This team has made vast improvements on the defensive side of the ball. Under VanGorder they were terrible.

Wimbush is still learning, but, his running ability makes him a legit threat even when he is not throwing well. Josh Adams, cannot say enough about the kid. He showed flashes the past few years, but, hes finally the lead back and getting the touches he needs.

If they can win out; the committee would put them in.

Edited by Captain Murica

If the Irish win out it means they will have beaten two of the 3 best teams in the PAC 12 so that'll be an easy choice. No question they should be in at 11-1 but I still think that's a long shot.

A couple things, the Big 12 does have a conference championship game & if Notre Dame wins out they are in. This will not even be up for debate.

If the Irish win out it means they will have beaten two of the 3 best teams in the PAC 12 so that'll be an easy choice. No question they should be in at 11-1 but I still think that's a long shot.

No way they will keep a 11-1 Notre Dame team out of the playoffs. Not happening. The Pac 12 is cooked. They are not getting anybody in. TCU will have to run the table to get in. Penn State/Wisconsin are going to have to run the table to get in. Whisky has a very favorable schedule. Not sure Penn State gets by Ohio State this weekend. One thing that November has taught us is teams will start losing. Should be a wild finish but... like I said if Notre Dame wins out, that leaves no ACC team undefeated. In this scenario my guess is ACC & Pac 10 are shut out of the playoffs. I personally don't think Notre Dame is going to run the table.

Edited by Gordio

Irish really balling. Josh Adams very underrated

I've been telling you guys about Adams all year :thumbsup: That 200 he put up yesterday was against the #6 rush defense in the nation. My boys look good this year.

Edited by H2o

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.