Encore: He Could Go All the Way.....On Uber

Encore: Another Bills player takes $650 Uber from Chicago to Buffalo

Practice squad wide receiver Brandon Reilly missed his connecting flight to Buffalo, so he came up with a familiar solution.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

Bills practice squad WR Brandon Reilly took a $650 Uber, plus a $250 tip, from Chicago on Sunday night after missing his connection to Buffalo. He arrived at 7:15 a.m. Monday for an 8 a.m. meeting after the Bills' bye week. He was inspired by Bills CB Shareece Wright, who drew national attention after doing the same this spring.

Little know fact: same thing happened to Chip Kelly's players. At first they were successful making airplane schedules, but then he tried to force airplane pegs into Uber holes, and Chip was too ego-driven to change.

That's why McDermott's a failure.

True story.

Little know fact: same thing happened to Chip Kelly's players. At first they were successful making airplane schedules, but then he tried to force airplane pegs into Uber holes, and Chip was too ego-driven to change.

True story.

I think I read this as a long form TBN story authored by Tim Graham.

True story.

Chip Kelly the forgotten man living all the way up in Portsmouth NH. I imagine he could easily get the UNH job back or a higher profile OC job.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/29511/another-bills-player-takes-650-uber-from-chicago-to-buffalo

REILLY'S AGENT: Listen B-Money! We're gonna get you in the news right now to remind everyone how stupid the front office is for not activating you.

REILLY: OK, sounds good. What do I have to do?

AGENT: Piece of cake, baby! I'll send you a thousand bucks to take an Uber from Chicago, then I'll tell all the blog clowns looking for a bye week story.

REILLY: Didn't Shareece already do that?

AGENT: And now he's a starting DB.

REILLY: Isn't there something else I could do? Like donate supplies to Puerto Rico or pose with some puppies at an animal shelter?

AGENT: When you say stupid things like that I wish I was never your agent.

REILLY: OK, sorry. It's a long drive from Chicago to Buffalo. Can I bring my girlfriend? Or my mom?

AGENT: Sorry didn't hear what you were saying, I was too bored. Leave in the next few minutes and we might be able to get you on the early talk shows.

REILLY: It's just that other teams have been calling, and I think I'd rather play somewhere where they'll actually use me.

AGENT: What did I just tell you about saying stupid things! Your Uber's already downstairs. Looks like he's American, which is a bonus. Remember, don't talk about Trump, Kapaernick, religion, genitals, or money. I'm texting Rodak right now that you're on the way. Good luck, B-Money!

True story.

Ive had an airplane peg in my Uber hole, and it never stops hurting.

I think I read this as a long form TBN story authored by Tim Graham.

I stopped reading his stuff, but let me guess...this is how it started:

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Chip Kelly opened the door to his modest 3-bedroom flat, stepped outside as his eyes squinted at the early morning sun, rubbed his head with a hand calloused from an old steering wheel, and took a sip of his Keurig Donut Hole java from his collector's edition Philadelphia Eagles coffee mug.

This is Chip Kelly's routine. Get up. Drink coffee. Squint. Start driving.

The squirrels are the only ones who sees him get in his 1976 Ford Pinto with run-flat tires. It's going to be a long day, and not even Chip knows how it will end.

Suddenly, and without warning, he gets a message.

Pickup. Downtown Chicago. Brandon Reilly.

Chicago to Buffalo? Just the kind of fare that will feed the Kelly family for hours.

This is Chip Kelly's life. He removes his Lyft sticker, replaces it with his Uber sticker, and our day is begun.

Or something like that.

Edited by LABillzFan

Cynicism aside, I love that kid. Its so frustrating that he's been buried by the system, put on the shelf to rot. Someone posted in another thread that management is deliberately keeping him off the active roster so he won't have to clear waivers if/when they put him back on the practice squad. Is that really how things work? Keeping Kaelin Clay instead is maddening. I know Reilly will eventually break out somewhere I just wish it would be here.

To people who think orig post was 'sarcastic', you don't know how media management operates. SOMEBODY was smart enough to think of that stunt on a bye week with Bills WR & TE corps in complete disarray, and I damn sure hope it was Reilly himself.

I stopped reading his stuff, but let me guess...this is how it started:

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Chip Kelly opened the door to his modest 3-bedroom flat, stepped outside as his eyes squinted at the early morning sun, rubbed his head with a hand calloused from an old steering wheel, and took a sip of his Keurig Donut Hole java from his collector's edition Philadelphia Eagles coffee mug.

This is Chip Kelly's routine. Get up. Drink coffee. Squint. Start driving.

The squirrels are the only ones who sees him get in his 1976 Ford Pinto with run-flat tires. It's going to be a long day, and not even Chip knows how it will end.

Suddenly, and without warning, he gets a message.

Pickup. Downtown Chicago. Brandon Reilly.

Chicago to Buffalo? Just the kind of fare that will feed the Kelly family for hours.

This is Chip Kelly's life. He removes his Lyft sticker, replaces it with his Uber sticker, and our day is begun.

Or something like that.

Nice one

It would be pretty easy for media types to get info whether he missed connection or not. There are not many routes.

Reilly, an undrafted rookie from Nebraska, was returning from Omaha to Buffalo through Chicago on Sunday night after the Bills' bye weekend. His flight into Chicago was delayed, and without alternate routes, he missed his connecting flight to Buffalo.

Chip Kelly the forgotten man living all the way up in Portsmouth NH. I imagine he could easily get the UNH job back or a higher profile OC job.

Sean McDonnell, UNH head coach, is too successful and isn't going anywhere. However Manchester Central High School, also one of Kelly's old gigs, might be looking for a coach.