Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I barely made it past the first sentence...

You missed some real gems by stopping at the second sentence. I like how the lesbian cops and the lesbian judge conspired to kidnap and keep her away from her son, because they're lesbians. Her future plans also include giving birth to twins.

I don't think his point is the money - I think he's working to keep his activism in the news and moving forward. Like him or his message or not you should be able to see that this matters to him and as such he's not going to quietly go away and sit on his sofa where you need not think of him again.

I don't think his point is the money - I think he's working to keep his activism in the news and moving forward. Like him or his message or not you should be able to see that this matters to him and as such he's not going to quietly go away and sit on his sofa where you need not think of him again.

as long as your enthusiasm about him doesn't peter out

Oh it's about the money

Oh it's about the money

Considering he's not getting a job, and he's not getting a settlement (since the court-awarded settlement is twice the expected salary...and he opted out of a contract, so his expected salary is zero), it's not about the money either.

If anything, it's about blowing up the CBA. And the attention.

...pretty simple question which makes it beyond MY scope of comprehension.....what happens to any of us poor working slobs if we decide to use our employer's bully pulpit to publicly express our views on politics, society, race, religion, gender equality, etc., all views that having nothing to do with our employment?.......the color PINK and the noun SLIP immediately come to mind................

...pretty simple question which makes it beyond MY scope of comprehension.....what happens to any of us poor working slobs if we decide to use our employer's bully pulpit to publicly express our views on politics, society, race, religion, gender equality, etc., all views that having nothing to do with our employment?.......the color PINK and the noun SLIP immediately come to mind................

Happens all the time

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/us/workers-fired-day-without-immigrants/index.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/08/13/berkeley-man-fired-over-charlottesville-protest/

http://www.businessinsider.com/fired-over-a-tweet-2015-5#a-tweet-that-hinted-at-violence-cost-the-houston-rockets-digital-communication-manager-his-job-1

That said, we should ABSOLUTELY sign him.

Ooh, ooh! I knew that one! I spent most of my working years in banks. I wouldn't make it through a single day if I wanted to share my opinion on.....just about anything while at work. And I'm OK with that, because it's not the time or place.

Because you are not entitled to your job no matter what.

Although the true irony is that people who believe Kaepernick is being black-balled for expressing political beliefs on company time also believe that white supremacists should be fired for expressing political beliefs on personal time.

The simple thing to do is to do the protesting as part of their "celebrations" of a TD, tackle, interception, etc. If the player wants to kneel down rather doing imitation of chicken with the head cut off it is better for the game with understanding if they push it too far the team is penalized for a delay of game penalty (or unsportsman conduct penalty if the player tries to use a prop like pig socks).

Because you are not entitled to your job no matter what.

Although the true irony is that people who believe Kaepernick is being black-balled for expressing political beliefs on company time also believe that white supremacists should be fired for expressing political beliefs on personal time.

Yes, ourageous hypocrisy, when there are very fine people on both sides.

Yes, ourageous hypocrisy, when there are very fine people on both sides.

Yeah...look, you either believe in legal rights applied to everyone equally, or you don't believe in legal rights at all. You're not enlightened because you hate Nazis (most do). More particularly, you are not even remotely enlightened because you want to discriminate against them. The moment you say "These people are more entitled to a job than these other people who's beliefs are disgusting," you are the problem.

Which, when you get down to it, is what Kaepernick's protest was about: the equal right to not get shot based on arbitrary opinions.

Edited by DC Tom

If he feels he's being wronged, then he should explore options within the collective bargaining agreement. It'll be investigated, and a decision will be made. Instead of being fully played out in the media.

It doesnt just have to do with talent. Hes certainly talented enough to be a backup but so was Ray Rice. So are many other headaches.

Anyone can legitimately argue not wanting the Kaepernick distraction on their team because it is a valid concern.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

It doesnt just have to do with talent. Hes certainly talented enough to be a backup but so was Ray Rice. So are many other headaches.

Anyone can legitimately argue not wanting the Kaepernick distraction on their team because it is a valid concern.

And he's also backed into a corner (largely of his own making) where he's not quite good enough to be a starter...but would create an instant firestorm of a QB controversy combined with ridiculous political and PR baggage if he were signed as a backup.

He just has little value to any team, because the circus that accompanies him (surpringly little of it of his own making) isn't worth the talent he has.

Yeah...look, you either believe in legal rights applied to everyone equally, or you don't believe in legal rights at all. You're not enlightened because you hate Nazis (most do). More particularly, you are not even remotely enlightened because you want to discriminate against them. The moment you say "These people are more entitled to a job than these other people who's beliefs are disgusting," you are the problem.

Which, when you get down to it, is what Kaepernick's protest was about: the equal right to not get shot based on arbitrary opinions.

Let's try a hypothetical: A group of white supremacist NFL players wants to protest the fact that there are, in their opinion, too many black players in the league by performing some sort of peaceful pre-game demonstration. Do you believe the teams and the league would have the same legal obligation to accommodate such a protest as they do the current protest by certain African-American players? I don't think so.

Let's try a hypothetical: A group of white supremacist NFL players wants to protest the fact that there are, in their opinion, too many black players in the league by performing some sort of peaceful pre-game demonstration. Do you believe the teams and the league would have the same legal obligation to accommodate such a protest as they do the current protest by certain African-American players? I don't think so.

And that's why they shouldn't pick and choose with employees on the clock. Do your job, then do your own thing on your own time. There, it's simple again!

What legal obligation do you think they have to accommodate any protest?