Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at his weakness from his scouting report at VT

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

Struggles processing defensive formations

He still struggles with all of those in year 7. That's why he feels pressure keeping a starting NFL job. His strengths allow him to provide a team a solid floor but his weaknesses limit his ability to improve beyond that. It's really that simple, unless he wants to blame his weaknesses on the color of his skin.

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

He still struggles with all of those in year 7. That's why he feels pressure keeping a starting NFL job. His strengths allow him to provide a team a solid floor but his weaknesses limit his ability to improve beyond that. It's really that simple, unless he wants to blame his weaknesses on the color of his skin.

God you are so sad

There are only so many starting positions in the NFL....TT has secured one of them.....his weaknesses are truly not that weak.

You just looking for something to B word about...maybe you can bring up passing yards again?

Frankly I think he has a point

Take a look at Tyrod's history....before he was even drafted people were trying to move him to wide receiver and away from quarterback because of his exceptional athletisism

QBs that you never heard of and are out of the league were taken in front of him.....he stuck to his guns and here he is

Say what you want about how good of a qb he actually is.....I respect the hell out of him

This isn't synonymous with "black."

Tyrod is held to a standard of not being the only QB in the NFL that has had 3 OC's in 3 years who are all deathly afraid of him passing the football.

This isn't synonymous with "black."

Tyrod is held to a standard of not being the only QB in the NFL that has had 3 OC's in 3 years who are all deathly afraid of him passing the football.

So your saying that "black" is not linked with the stereotype of "exceptionally athletic"

What world are you living in

Whether the stereotype is true or not it is there.....

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

Very well put.

God you are so sad

There are only so many starting positions in the NFL....TT has secured one of them.....his weaknesses are truly not that weak.

You just looking for something to B word about...maybe you can bring up passing yards again?

Incredibly poor post.......trying reading it again..................I highlighted it to make it easier for you.

or you could just continue with your negative B.S.

For the record, I read the Bills Wire piece before I posted and agree that the Bills Wire piece defended his position on mobile quarterbacks.

My point is that is a small portion of the longer article and not even in the first section. While that can be one takeaway from the article, the aggregation seems like it is the only takeaway and a complete story about race. That is not the case. Other quotes also can be found in the various social media promotion.

Here is a free link to the long piece:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/

Here is a free link to the additional quotes that cover a wide array of topics:

Http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-Taylor-Unfiltered-bills-QB/

Judge for yourself based on the totality of the comments.

Thanks, Josh

So your saying that "black" is not linked with the stereotype of "exceptionally athletic"

What world are you living in

Whether the stereotype is true or not it is there.....

And yet no one said Peyton Manning can't play WR because he's white. He couldn't play WR because he ran like an old man.

Your point is terrible because TT IS exceptionally athletic.

Reference a QB like McNabb or Bridgewater who both got classified as being more athletic than they truly were because they were black. Not TT.

Edited by jmc12290

For the record, I read the Bills Wire piece before I posted and agree that the Bills Wire piece defended his position on mobile quarterbacks.

My point is that is a small portion of the longer article and not even in the first section. While that can be one takeaway from the article, the aggregation seems like it is the only takeaway and a complete story about race. That is not the case. Other quotes also can be found in the various social media promotion.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/

Thanks, Josh

Josh,

Thanks....as usual the posts that spark the most negative opinion are usually snippets of a much bigger article that people dont see.

Very well put.

Incredibly poor post.......trying reading it again..................I highlighted it to make it easier for you.

or you could just continue with your negative B.S.

If im quoting truth its not a poor post.....but you go on ahead with your TT hate

And yet no one said Peyton Manning can't play WR because he's white. He couldn't play WR because he ran like an old man.

Your point is terrible because TT IS exceptionally athletic.

Reference a QB like McNabb or Bridgewater who both got classified as being more athletic than they truly were because they were black. Not TT.

Its about stereotypes here....not actual on the field performance.

You're correct. The story was not about race entirely, but as an editor, you obviously believed that his statements were important enough to dedicate a bold section within the piece to the comments on it. It's a hot topic in the NFL, therefore, newsworthy. We wouldn't write one single story that is essentially a recap of an entire long, well-written and interesting piece that subscribers will read for themselves. Tyrod said it, you published it, we provided our analysis, which Bills Wire does, and will continue to do. I understand your point, but you're missing ours. We all appreciate your access and we're all looking forward to the interview, but if you truly thought that that was 'taken out of context' than the full quotes should have been provided within today's story and not teased before Sunday's full post. We linked to the original story, saying Tyrod spoke on a variety of topics, so, no, we didn't make it seem like it was entirely about race.

Thanks, Josh

Edited by rquinn619

Take a look at Tyrod's history....before he was even drafted people were trying to move him to wide receiver and away from quarterback because of his exceptional athletisism

QBs that you never heard of and are out of the league were taken in front of him.....he stuck to his guns and here he is

Say what you want about how good of a qb he actually is.....I respect the hell out of him

BINGO!

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/bills-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-held-to-a-higher-standard-because-hes-african-american/

Last year it was the media's fault when he sucked. Now he's being held to higher standard because he's black ?

He almost makes as many excuses as the fanatical taylorheads here. Try not being at the bottom of qb ranking lists. Leave the race nonsense alone.

"Haters" disappear when you're actually good at your craft like Cam, Jameis, Watson, and Wilson.

On this very message board there are numerous threads dedicated strictly to Cam "sucking". Edited by bobobonators

Really the race card is being used now as a excuse for him not doing well enough. Man this takes the cake, before it was everyone else at fault now it's because of race. Looks to me he is securing his spot for years to come here since OBD doesn't want to be called racist. SMH pathetic

If im quoting truth its not a poor post.....but you go on ahead with your TT hate

Its about stereotypes here....not actual on the field performance.

What? So when Logan Thomas converted to TE, was it because he was black?

Why is Thomas a TE, but RG3 not a WR?

Edited by jmc12290

John.............you seem to have a comprehension (more likely a projection) problem.

I do not "hate" Tyrod, just because I pointed out your mistake.

but you go ahead with your negative posts.

Really the race card is being used now as a excuse for him not doing well enough. Man this takes the cake, before it was everyone else at fault now it's because of race. Looks to me he is securing his spot for years to come here since OBD doesn't want to be called racist. SMH pathetic

The team is 3-2 with wins over Denver and last year's reigning NFC Champions

He IS doing well enough

Try again

John.............you seem to have a comprehension (more likely a projection) problem.

I do not "hate" Tyrod, just because I pointed out your mistake.

but you go ahead with your negative posts.

No mistake was made....it is simply a matter of opinion

You dont like mine...which is fine

What? So when Logan Thomas converted to TE, was it because he was black?

Why is Thomas a TE, but RG3 not a WR?

Do you think Logan Thomas converted because of race or because he has played the position previously and had exceptional size?

by the way....a totally different situation. Logan Thomas is still trying to prove he can play the position...TT is a 2 time pro bowler and a 3 year starter

Try again

Erratic footwork

Short

Locks onto recievers

...so why is such a simple, dead on, objective and accurate assessment so hard to accept?.....I'm having a hard time in finding his upbringing, college, skin color, sexual preferences/orientation, preferred retail outlets, vehicle choice(s) or whatever crap the "investigative dirt reporters" wanna dig up to deter your very "ON TARGET" assessment?...Steve Young (yup, HIM) said it best, " the reason why more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at this level is because of the speed and complexity of the game"...so if Taylor is unable to adapt to the speed and complexity, try to convince me the kid did NOT give it his ALL...I have to acknowledge his effort to realize his life long dream to become a starting QB....some do, some don't but you're an azz to doubt this kid's heart........

Do you think Logan Thomas converted because of race or because he has played the position previously and had exceptional size?

by the way....a totally different situation. Logan Thomas is still trying to prove he can play the position...TT is a 2 time pro bowler and a 3 year starter

Try again

Holy smokes man.

Also, Thomas never played TE. Also, what's the difference between size and athleticism?

Edited by jmc12290