Liberals stick to principles, BLAST Weinstein

Yeah, but the Democrats were the side claiming to be the party that was carrying the torch for women's rights. And Women's groups were the one's denouncing Trump and supporting Her. And of course, there was Meryl Streep, and almost the entirety of Hollywood, making virtuous displays of pearl clutching and hand wringing throughout the election, and really never stopping. So the hypocrisy is MUCH deeper on the liberal side.

But then you know this, you just want to act Y like "oh, it's all the same", because you are full of ****.

I never said both sides were the same because that would be impossible to gauge. I said there's powerful scum on both sides of the aisle. I agree with you that Hollywood's selective outrage and hypocrisy is pathetic. However, you can't selectively ignore Trump's rape charges (two of which were filed before he even ran for office) because he is the current president. You're no better than the media or the left (who largely ignored Bill Clinton's rape charges) if you do.

Biggest phonies around.

Yup.

Sometimes it is very easy to tell who is a sanctimonious piece of crap just by looking at him. Affleck is a perfect example. Lance Armstrong also fit this profile.

I would add George Clooney to that list too.

This delayed and feigned shock and outrage by the morally superior Hollywood elites is pathetic, but not surprising.

How many times do we see these actors telling everyone how to behave, who to vote for, what causes to get behind, which charities to donate too? Then they have the nerve to call people stupid for who they vote for, or for what they believe in.

Hollywood can go screw themselves with their moral superiority. Now we are seeing what real phonies they all are, but most of their followers and their friends in the media won't care.

Yes, it's great to see Weinstein get dragged through the mud like this, but reality check to everyone, we all know he's going to get away with this.

Shut the :censored: up Hollywood! Because of this story finally being told, you don't get to tell us what to do anymore.

Stick to entertainment.

declaring that being on TV or in a movie or behind the scenes in Hollywood as a kind of superior and top-level human being isn't a very wise thing to do in life.

especially if one isn't making 6-figures from doing so.

these people are lousy role models

why the Dems think they are gods is beyond me

Probably Harvey telling Bob that he was the brains

that would be fully understood.... siblings...

Biggest phonies around.

I would add George Clooney to that list too.

This delayed and feigned shock and outrage by the morally superior Hollywood elites is pathetic, but not surprising.

How many times do we see these actors telling everyone how to behave, who to vote for, what causes to get behind, which charities to donate too? Then they have the nerve to call people stupid for who they vote for, or for what they believe in.

Hollywood can go screw themselves with their moral superiority. Now we are seeing what real phonies they all are, but most of their followers and their friends in the media won't care.

Yes, it's great to see Weinstein get dragged through the mud like this, but reality check to everyone, we all know he's going to get away with this.

Shut the :censored: up Hollywood! Because of this story finally being told, you don't get to tell us what to do anymore.

Stick to entertainment.

:beer:

I never said both sides were the same because that would be impossible to gauge. I said there's powerful scum on both sides of the aisle. I agree with you that Hollywood's selective outrage and hypocrisy is pathetic. However, you can't selectively ignore Trump's rape charges (two of which were filed before he even ran for office) because he is the current president. You're no better than the media or the left (who largely ignored Bill Clinton's rape charges) if you do.

I didn't ignore them.

I looked at what was presented and decided there wasn't enough there to convince me that he raped the women.

Then I moved on, and noticed how there has been a continuous flow of accusations against him that lead nowhere, and felt that much more comfortable dismissing the charges.

Edited by OJABBA

Watching half of Hollywood race to the podium to affirm, the other have race to the safe room to deny, generally have no clue what to do, and destroying what little credibility they have with every ill-considered word that comes out of their mouth(Meryl Streep, ouch)...

...is the most entertaining thing these people have produced in a decade.

EDIT: I'm starting to think they won't be able to put this back in the box. That they are actually going to lose their ability to speak publicly about political issues. This guy says "he can't wait for the Oscars". I think he's right: they are screwed.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

nobody has come forward to accuse Trump of rape, you are making that up completely, Willie has a handful of direct rape accusations that the media has tried to run away from

i don't doubt he was an idiot, but all i heard was some dumb tape that was off the record that means nothing

I don't just make things up. It's not my style.

His first wife accused him of rape in court during their 1989 divorce (which she Her exact words were "he raped me". To be fair, she later walked it back (supposedly under pressure from Trump), saying she felt violated and didn't mean he literally raped her.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-me-feel-violated-during-sex

This one was only an attempted rape accusation (under statement of facts, letter i)

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/300193678/1997-Jill-Harth-Lawsuit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/20/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-jill-harth-interview

And the third lawsuit just happened recently. A woman filed rape charges against Trump. Twice. But eventually dropped the charges both times.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/316341058/Donald-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-Rape-Lawsuit-and-Affidavits

Made up stuff about Trump, your bitterness at losing the election will never end.

Will it.....

Good, suffer.

So first I completely made it up because nobody ever said anything like that. Then I present you with court documents showing I did no such thing, and now it's the accusers who made stuff up. Ok then.

Why let facts get in the way of an opinion, right?

I love how you have no issue believing the women who accuse Clinton though. That doesn't show any bias or anything...

I didn't ignore them.

I looked at what was presented and decided there wasn't enough there to convince me that he raped the women.

Then I moved on, and noticed how there has been a continuous flow of accusations against him that lead nowhere, and felt that much more comfortable dismissing the charges.

These were the posts I was referencing. An opinion about whether the accusations are true or not is fine, but denying accusations even existed despite being presented evidence shows political blindness.

These were the posts I was referencing. An opinion about whether the accusations are true or not is fine, but denying accusations even existed despite being presented evidence shows political blindness.

Perhaps, but, are we supposed to believe every accuser merely because they made an accusation? That's blindness, period. Duke Lacrosse case. Rolling Stone case, etc. We have a legal system. That's where stuff like this gets sorted out. We also have the presumption of innocence.

However, thankfully, the guilty often behave their way out of that presumption all by themselves. Sleazy Harvey has destroyed his presumption with his own behavior. I'm still waiting for somebody to call him a victim. I really can't wait for his wife to call herself a victim. :rolleyes:

For "therapy".

Time for him to start hiding assets while he's in "therapy". He's got a decade or more of lawsuits ahead of him (starting with his oncoming divorce.)

Perhaps, but, are we supposed to believe every accuser merely because they made an accusation? That's blindness, period. Duke Lacrosse case. Rolling Stone case, etc. We have a legal system. That's where stuff like this gets sorted out. We also have the presumption of innocence.

However, thankfully, the guilty often behave their way out of that presumption all by themselves. Sleazy Harvey has destroyed his presumption with his own behavior. I'm still waiting for somebody to call him a victim. I really can't wait for his wife to call herself a victim. :rolleyes:

He's pretty effed, especially with the allegations that he raped Asia Argento (amongst others). The only thing he really has to hit back (assuming he goes full-retard and starts attacking his victims' credibility) is that Rose McGowan is leading the charge on behalf of his victims, after taking a $100,000 payoff and demanding that he back her boyfriend's movies.

I completely agree with that. I am very suspicious of accusations of rape or sexual harassment when the person they're accusing has a lot of money and power.

However, I think Weinstein is guilty of at least sexual harassment. They actually have a tape of Wienstein sexually harassing a young actress and now all these women are coming forward. The most notable being Gleneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt apparently threatened Weinstein at a party in the mid 90's about Paltrow.

Seth MacFarlane released a statement today of why he made a joke about Weinstein at the Oscars in 2013 where he said before announcing best actress award to the nominees, "Congraturlations, you five no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein."

“In 2011, my friend and colleague Jessica Barth, with whom I worked on the Ted films, confided in me regarding her encounter with Harvey Weinstein and his attempted advances. She has since courageously come forward to speak out,” said MacFarlane. “It was with this account in mind that, when I hosted the Oscars in 2013, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a hard swing in his direction. Make no mistake, this came from a place of loathing and anger.” http://uproxx.com/movies/seth-macfarlane-harvey-weinstein-oscars-joke/

I find it odd it took all this time to finally bring these allegations to light.

Edited by Doc Brown

I completely agree with that. I am very suspicious of accusations of rape or sexual harassment when the person they're accusing has a lot of money and power.

However, I think Weinstein is guilty of at least sexual harassment. They actually have a tape of Wienstein sexually harassing a young actress and now all these women are coming forward. The most notable being Gleneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt apparently threatened Weinstein at a party in the mid 90's about Paltrow.

Seth MacFarlane released a statement today of why he made a joke about Weinstein at the Oscars in 2013 where he said before announcing best actress award to the nominees, "Congraturlations, you five no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein."

“In 2011, my friend and colleague Jessica Barth, with whom I worked on the Ted films, confided in me regarding her encounter with Harvey Weinstein and his attempted advances. She has since courageously come forward to speak out,” said MacFarlane. “It was with this account in mind that, when I hosted the Oscars in 2013, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a hard swing in his direction. Make no mistake, this came from a place of loathing and anger.” http://uproxx.com/movies/seth-macfarlane-harvey-weinstein-oscars-joke/

I find it odd it took all this time to finally bring these allegations to light.

I imagine it's tough to find a reporter who wants to risk their career over the allegations. There is a story out that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe helped to kill an expose in 2004.

Waxman alleges that in 2004, Damon helped kill a story she was working on that addressed the producer’s alleged sexual misconduct. Waxman, ironically, was writing for The New York Times, which first reported on Weinstein’s behavior last week. Her story involved Weinstein and the head of Miramax Italy at the time, Fabrizio Lombardo. Waxman claims calls from Damon and Russell Crowe helped kill her initial story; Damon disputes that.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ben-affleck-matt-damon-become-guest-stars-harvey-weinstein-scandal-171213233.html

She didn't know about Weinstein.

She didn't know about the husband of her closest confidant piddling with 15-year-old girls.

She didn't know about her husband, or about his trips to Orgy Island with Epstein.

But hey...it's not like she's surrounded by this stuff.

That's because she's busy molesting children.

In my opinion it's because it's more widespread than just "Hollywood", and much darker than we've seen so far. More is coming out.

One theory I DO ascribe to is that many if not most of the rich and influential people in this country are pedos.

If they uncover them, I wouldn't be opposed to public hangings, with bodies left up a week as a reminder.

One theory I DO ascribe to is that many if not most of the rich and influential people in this country are pedos.

If they uncover them, I wouldn't be opposed to public hangings, with bodies left up a week as a reminder.

Would you cut their college football program too or is that going too far?