Fire Rico Now; be done with it.

You and me both are not feeling this Offense right now.

Still early I guess.

I think i too often miss what we lost.

Big fan of Anthony Lynn. Right or wrong. and no knock against McBeanes .

and yes i did like what Roman did his first year here. needed tweaking . Maybe thats what Dennison needs to keep doing.

Cover 1 shows the scheme changes from outside zone statistically up to the Bengals. So maybe they are trying ?

Ya I agree with everything you said there buddy.

We are for sure on the same page.

I guess I am just being a bit impatient, as to your point it is only 5 games in

Ya I agree with everything you said there buddy.

We are for sure on the same page.

I guess I am just being a bit impatient, as to your point it is only 5 games in

But the skies are cloudy right now. Looks like stormy weather to me.

Good to have a bye week for all concerned i guess ! :beer:

Go Bills !

Hes had some success but hes always been tied to Kubiak for the most part. And most of his success occurred +5years ago. His last 3 coaching seasons have produced subpar results.

I just feel its inevitable with this guy. I dont see him lasting. Like someone else said, if he cant formulate an offense to maximize the current strengths of the offense, how can we expect this guy to formulate an offense thatll work to a rookie QB's strengths?

They grew tired of him here in Houston.

I think most here are pointing at the wrong guy in this year's offense. Juan Castillio is the run game coordinator and O line coach and both those aspects of the offense have fallen this year compared to what we saw the last two years.

Passing stats so far show the Bills are 32nd in attempts and 29th in passing yards. The run game is in much worse shape in being 3rd in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing yards with a 3.4 yard per carry average. The big thing is only one rushing TD this year so far. They had 5 rushing TD's at this point last year and finished with a 5.3 yards per carry average.

This is supposed to be a run-first offense and has faced stacked boxes the previous two seasons and still managed a good ground game against most teams those years. If anything Taylor is doing pretty good considering the scrubs he is throwing to so far.Losing Clay in the last game really hurt the offensive passing game.

from PFF,

22. BUFFALO BILLS Average offensive lineman grade: 57.0

While Richie Incognito is among the top 10 guards in the NFL once again, the rest of Buffalos line has been unable to come near to playing at his level. The unit has played well in pass protection as they rank seventh in the league with a pass blocking efficiency rating of 82.2, having allowed just 38 pressures on 171 pass blocking snaps. However, the issues come with run-blocking, where basically everyone but Incognito has a poor grade so far. The Bills run more outside zone plays than anyone in the league, leading the NFL with 76 attempts, but they rank just 17th in yards before contact, averaging just 1.06 yards on these plays.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-by-average-grade-week-5

Juan Castillo is nothing special. Another coach that has accomplished nothing. Look at his time in Baltimore. That oline sucked at running the ball every year he was there except one: 2014.

He was the run game coordinator in 2013. Ravens were 30th in rushing. Horrid.

2014 Baltimore was 8th in rushing.

2015 they were 26th.

2016 they were 28th. (Castillo's final year)

Who was there in 2014?? Kubiak. Amazing.

Juan Castillo is nothing special. Another coach that has accomplished nothing. Look at his time in Baltimore. That oline sucked at running the ball every year he was there except one: 2014.

2015 they were 26th.

Exactly. In that system Castillo's run game worked. Why would they think hiring Castillo would be a bad idea?

They tried retaining lawn chair warrior as OLine coach but he wanted to move on. What can you do?

2015 they were 26th.

Notice how Greg Roman's influence affects running production.

Bills running his system for 2 years ran very well. Now they don't.

Baltimore's running game (since adding Roman to the offensive staff) has taken a step forward this year. They are running the ball a lot more. And they are getting more yards per rush than they were last year. Coincidence? I think not.

Greg Roman has helped implement more of a down-hill running system instead of a stretch zone running attack. Hmmmmmm........ Wonder how that applies to Buffalo.

I didn't see all this hysteria before the Bengals game. He's not getting fired so enough already.

It was starting to brew right after the Carolina game where the offense also sucked.

People started forgetting about it though when Buffalo beat 2 good teams - Denver and Atlanta. Uncooth to complain about weaknesses too loudly when you are winning games. Bengals game just reminded them how bad this offense can suck.

If the offense continues to sputter - (which is very possible - somewhat likely) then you can expect the noise to get louder.

I didn't see all this hysteria before the Bengals game. He's not getting fired so enough already.

"Enough already". I wish people had the same mindset with other topics which flood the 1st page with the same topic over and over again.

I wasnt excited with the Dennison hire to begin with. Im free to voice why i feel he should be fired.

The way the AFC East is shaping up is the way it always shapes up: the Patriots will win the division by three or four games (at least).

Sqeaking into the playoffs with no real hope of winning the Super Bowl (like the Dolphins in 2017) isn't my idea of a golden opportunity, but to each their own.

This season is really all about Tyrod while at the same time laying a foundation (on defense, especially) to become a true contender in this league. Not just a team that could luck into 9 or 10 wins (despite a horrible offense) solely by winning the turnover battle enough times.

Well, yeah, that's pretty much everyone's goal. And it comes back to my original question....why Dennison?

You've got this attitude that all we have to do is sacrifice a year and play it out...and there will be this light at the end of the tunnel.

If the person brought in has shown the ability to create an explosive offense (Shanahan), or with a proven track record in a quality offense (say...if Andy Reid was fired and brought in), or someone with the proven ability to adapt and get results (McCoy), or even someone who is innovative (Chip Kelly)....I'd be more than willing to agree with you.

But if you're going to tear down a facet of the game that was working (the run game and the points/game), in favor of some long term benefit, I need a little more than an assumption that it will be somehow better.

from PFF,

22. BUFFALO BILLS

Average offensive lineman grade: 57.0

While Richie Incognito is among the top 10 guards in the NFL once again, the rest of Buffalo’s line has been unable to come near to playing at his level. The unit has played well in pass protection as they rank seventh in the league with a pass blocking efficiency rating of 82.2, having allowed just 38 pressures on 171 pass blocking snaps. However, the issues come with run-blocking, where basically everyone but Incognito has a poor grade so far. The Bills run more outside zone plays than anyone in the league, leading the NFL with 76 attempts, but they rank just 17th in yards before contact, averaging just 1.06 yards on these plays.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-by-average-grade-week-5

This is an area in which Buffalo led the league last year, but led by a wide margin. In 2016, it was 2.88 yards per attempt.

Another area that dropped dramatically is long runs. Last year, the Bills had 27 runs of over 20 yards. This year, after 5 games, it is 3.

As someone else pointed out, Baltimore's run game has improved dramatically this year under Greg Roman. They went from 28th to 5th. Denver went from 27th last year to 3rd this year. Buffalo went from 1st last year to 16th this year.

Those are some substantial swings in production.

Is the outside zone/stretch play an outmoded form of running the ball? No. Is it outmoded to use it on fully 1/2 of your running plays? Yeah...probably.

This is where Anthony Lynn was smart, and why he became a HC. He saw what was successful, and improved it, he didn;t replace it.

I've said before, my hope is that here in the bye week, someone puts a copy of last year's run game playbook on Dennison's desk. And I hope that he studies it. And uses it. The OL already knows it. Dennison's supposed to be a smart guy, he should be able to pick it up quickly.

I've said before, my hope is that here in the bye week, someone puts a copy of last year's run game playbook on Dennison's desk. And I hope that he studies it. And uses it. The OL already knows it. Dennison's supposed to be a smart guy, he should be able to pick it up quickly.

I don't see this happening. If he was going to do that, he would have done it coming into this season right from the get go. Some (perhaps many) fans expected him to keep the elements of the run game that worked and maybe just add in some new things that he thought this offense might execute better - especially in the passing game.

Instead he has largely abandoned what worked last year and instituted his own offense disregarding the things the Bills were exceptionally good at last year.

Maddening that it works that way, but that is how coaches usually are. 90% of coaches try to reinvent the wheel every year.

I don't see this happening. If he was going to do that, he would have done it coming into this season right from the get go. Some (perhaps many) fans expected him to keep the elements of the run game that worked and maybe just add in some new things that he thought this offense might execute better - especially in the passing game.

Instead he has largely abandoned what worked last year and instituted his own offense disregarding the things the Bills were exceptionally good at last year.

Maddening that it works that way, but that is how coaches usually are. 90% of coaches try to reinvent the wheel every year.

According to reports Rico already met with TT and made changes. (not that it seemed to have made an improvement)