Rewinding on the KC trade

Rigotz

The picks isn't the question. The question is the BIlls should have taken Mahomes.

He would have been starting already here, stupid to pass on him to keep Tyrod. Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another huge draft miss for a QB by the Bills. Yeah, I love T White and he was a great pick, but QB is far and above the most important position in football. I have a feeling this years QB class will be better than next year. I'm not sold on any current college QB to be a slam dunk franchise QB

The QB class coming up always gets blasted on, this class is very good if the Bills miss out on this one as well they deserve to forever be a joke.

Well where do we find a Quarterback then?

My point is they don't HAVE to take a QB with the KC picks. They just don't unless there's a rule I don't know about.

They could get a QB via FA or trade also. Or, maybe he's already on the team.

Edited by reddogblitz

Ill be the first to admit... didnt expect KC to be this good.

Sitting are 5-0, one would assume that they will be in the playoffs again, perhaps with a first round Bye.

So STRICTLY LOOKING AT PICKS (do not factor in White)... was it a good trade?

Bills trade 10th overall pick for:

2017 27th overall pick

2017 3rd round pick

2018 (ESTIMATED) 25th-32nd overall pick

I love 3D White...........nobody had a higher pre-draft opinion of him on TSW than I..........but it was a bad trade.

Mahomes playing with the chiefs is a lot different than Mahomes or Watson playing with the Bills. The Bills collected picks in next years draft because they are lacking talent and depth. The Bills have a decent defense but are lacking offensive talent.

How so? Let's say for hypotheticals that Deshaun Watson is on the Bills and throwing to Watkins , Clay and say Jordan Matthews. He's handing off the ball to McCoy and Jonathan Williams. This was all possible in 2017. How is it a lot different than Watson in HOU?

How so? Let's say for hypotheticals that Deshaun Watson is on the Bills and throwing to Watkins , Clay and say Jordan Matthews. He's handing off the ball to McCoy and Jonathan Williams. This was all possible in 2017. How is it a lot different than Watson in HOU?

And he would have a better Defense.

Still early, but looks like we maybe blew it, AGAIN.

I love 3D White...........nobody had a higher pre-draft opinion of him on TSW than I..........but it was a bad trade.

And for the benefit of the others in the room Badol please tell them why it was a bad trade because you have a higher opinion of Tyrod than me so you won't be painted with the hater brush.... what should they have done with the pick?

For one thing, the Bills are a run first team and the Texans are not. Hopkins is a better WR than Watkins, not to mention Fuller and Ellington who are also very productive. The Texans Oline started off the season rough but the past couple games have held up well. The Bills going to zone blocking hasnt worked out well for the Oline. Jonathon Williams hasnt played a down in the NFL this season. Watkins had zero catches in a high scoring offense with the Rams. Watkins is averaging 42 yards a game....Kupp a rookie is lighting it up. I am just being realistic. I would rather have Watson that Taylor but Watson would still have problems playing in the Bills offense.

The Bills might implode. Our offense is atrocious and our defense can't be expected to sustain this high level of play indefinitely. Injuries and fatigue will settle in. The Bills need to find 2 stud FA WRs and hope Logan Thomas emerges as a playmaking TE or we will be drafting much higher than we expect with our own first round pick.

For one thing, the Bills are a run first team and the Texans are not. Hopkins is a better WR than Watkins, not to mention Fuller and Ellington who are also very productive. The Texans Oline started off the season rough but the past couple games have held up well. The Bills going to zone blocking hasnt worked out well for the Oline. Jonathon Williams hasnt played a down in the NFL this season. Watkins had zero catches in a high scoring offense with the Rams. Watkins is averaging 42 yards a game....Kupp a rookie is lighting it up. I am just being realistic. I would rather have Watson that Taylor but Watson would still have problems playing in the Bills offense.

Theoretically wouldn't a run first team with McCoy be easier on a QB? I think Watkins, Matthews and Charles Clay would be a comparable group to what HOU has. Certainly not devoid of talent. Watson would have the benefit of OTAs training camp / offseason practices with Watkins et al just like Goff and Kupp. Watkins just got to LA in August and has yet to establish a comfort zone with Goff as has Kupp. That makes sense as you feel comfortable with guys you have practiced with all off-season . Kupp dropped a potential game winner today, btw. They were playing the SEA defense today , they're kind of good. Your scenario doesn't hold water. No reason Watson couldn't be succeeding here right now. It's like saying Watson couldn't play well here because... it's Buffalo. Nonsense.

Edited by Boatdrinks

And for the benefit of the others in the room Badol please tell them why it was a bad trade because you have a higher opinion of Tyrod than me so you won't be painted with the hater brush.... what should they have done with the pick?

Drafted a QB.........for the first time ever with their original first round pick.

They've traded back and taken one(EJ Manuel)........and used their second first round pick on a QB(Jim Kelly in 1983 and a trade-up to get back in round one for JP Losman)........but they have never just made the simple selection of the top QB on their board with their first, first round pick.

Not once "ALL IN" on a QB prospect in almost 60 years of drafting.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Ill be the first to admit... didnt expect KC to be this good.

Sitting are 5-0, one would assume that they will be in the playoffs again, perhaps with a first round Bye.

So STRICTLY LOOKING AT PICKS (do not factor in White)... was it a good trade?

Bills trade 10th overall pick for:

2017 27th overall pick

2017 3rd round pick

2018 (ESTIMATED) 25th-32nd overall pick

I am trying to figure out why you would NOT consider White

Our first round pick Tre WHite has been one of the BEST corners in a corner rich draft.....even today getting beat by AJ Green he still made several plays

SO....we lose Gilmore....it would have made total sense to draft a corner with our pick before we even made the trade for the 1st round pick

BUT WE DID NOT DO THAT.....we got Tre White AND a 1st round pick.....who cares if it is a later pick....it will still be a first rounder.