Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why this can't just be about Cam being somewhat of an arrogant dimwit, who thinks he has moves. Some people could turn taking a deuce into a political debate these days. How pathetic.

Ask yourself...whose megaphone is making this something other than Cam being a dumbass?

I'd like to clarify. My previously shared sentiments are strictly with regard to the sideline reporters - and I'm sure there is a small percentage of those who are, indeed, football enthusiasts who know their stuff.

Glad to see you make this clarification.

I understand the NFL finds it necessary to put eye candy in front of the camera, but look around the NFL. Women are referees and coaches. They're on the field bringing medical help. They're in the booth reviewing plays.

Look in the stands. How many times do you see women fully engaged in each play?

Hell, just look at this message board. You may not agree with what they post, but chicks like BADOL and Boatdrinks are extremely knowledgeable about the game.

It probably is funny for him to talk to a woman about routes. He works with men all day and every day and has for quite some time. His norm is alpha males who play quite literally a mans game. She may know all the theories about and types of routes run but has she ever been blown up over the middle?

the networks are SJW camps. They're making us care.

And if we don't have an opinion than by gosh we are not englightened.

Cam Newton is an insecure moron, plain and simple and those who are in the community know it. Nice guy but an idiot.

whoa. an informed and objective opinion. i think you're on the wrong board. those don't go over too well.

:thumbsup:

when I saw the clip of the interaction I had to laugh, he really looked like an oversized 12 year old kid who just saw his first playboy as he giggled and avoided eye contact.

I work with a Cornell educated mechanical female engineer. She knows more about engineering than I ever will.

Went with her on a site inspection and the creepy old dude we met said to us "So your the engineer and she's the sales?" She was pissed and I honestly didn't blame her.

mechanical female? I want one. Can she cook?
making something out of nothing.

Great job SJW's. This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen when factored to the stupid story to begin with.

Edited by Boyst62

That's what I'm saying - why leave millions on the table? So dumb.

Hmmm?

@RapSheet

Spoke with IMG/WME’s Carlos Fleming, who works with Cam on marketing: “Dannon has not terminated the agreement, nor do they have grounds to”

Cam Newton’s marketing agent Carlos Fleming says Dannon “is still using Cam Newton in advertising.” So, what does this mean? “Ask them.”

Sorry. I don't get the outrage.

Imagine if every football player talked to every female reporter like that. The NFL is a business and they rely on women being fans too. The outrage is definitely overblown, people like being angry about something, but they can't just let it go. And now Cam loses an endorsement. Private businesses don't have time for controversy, it's just easier to cut him loose.

First time I ever took a woman to a Bills game I was dreading it. Ugh. We were playing the Steelers and I got roped into this thing. Like a first date. I was in charge of a busload of Bills fans going to Rich Stadium from a Hertel Avenue bar. And she snuck on without telling me. We had a block of seats so everyone made sure she sat next to me just to mess with me.

The players were warming up before the game and I didn't even want to talk to her, and the first thing she said to me is, "Can you believe Cliff Stout's release? I think he stole it from watching Bradshaw."

Stout was the Steeler's backup QB at the time.

We dated for the next couple years.

Did she shake her head and dump you when you called Dan Manucci "the next Joe Ferguson"?

Imagine if every football player talked to every female reporter like that. The NFL is a business and they rely on women being fans too. The outrage is definitely overblown, people like being angry about something, but they can't just let it go. And now Cam loses an endorsement. Private businesses don't have time for controversy, it's just easier to cut him loose.

like what? An idiot? We are flipping out because a stupid person said something stupid? My God this country is stupid.

like what? An idiot? We are flipping out because a stupid person said something stupid? My God this country is stupid.

Who's flipping out? Cam is an idiot. He does something stupid like this pretty much every season. It doesn't excuse it every time he does. Dumb controversy but the outrage about the outrage is just as dumb. No one's burning their Panthers season tickets over this ;)