GDT: AL Wild Card Twins at Yankees (ESPN)

Fadingpain

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC in game seven? Got 'em right where we want 'em.

Oh yeah. With Morton taking the mound for the 'stros? The Yanks really knocked him around in game 3 for 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings. All we need are 5/6 good innings out of CC. Chapman can give us 2 innings if needed, and Kahnle/Warren/Green could patch together 4 innings. CC is the guy you want in this situation.

Girardi left Severino in 2 batters too long, IMO. He was clearly done. I predicted this game would go 7 and CC would be the guy. Looking forward to tonight.

Tough call, but I can't disagree.

Yankees left a lot of guys on base. That's what lost it for them. They need hits when there's guys in scoring position.

Tonight should be a fun one!

Never thought a sox fan could pull for Yankees but after a few years of watching and listening to the hometown boys B word and moan it's been fun watching NY.

I hope all those dancing dummies on the Sox are watching and learning. Looking forward to a good game tonight.

The better team won the series.

But KUDOS to Girardi and the Yankees. Manager of the Year and Rookie of the Year, hands down.

Looking forward to a showdown with the Mets!

Agreed. Much respect to the Astros. They were absolutely dominant at home the last 2 games, and just flat out looked like the better team overall. The Yankees best years are ahead. I look forward to an exciting World Series.

Agreed. Much respect to the Astros. They were absolutely dominant at home the last 2 games, and just flat out looked like the better team overall. The Yankees best years are ahead. I look forward to an exciting World Series.

I am ALL IN on the Astros.

As long as that dirty douchebag Utley (I got you, Ruben Tejada!!!!) is on the Dodgers, I will figuratively spit in their faces!

How cute, a bunch of new Astros fans. Good luck with that- Astros are good, dang good, but we're looking at the start of the Dodgers for the next decade+.

Funny, I felt that both the Indians and Astros were superior to the Dodgers entering the playoffs. What I saw was a Dodgers team dominating a very overrated Cubs team. I guess that's why they play the games though. Good luck to everyone with MLB rooting interests moving forward. I'm just looking to watch some good, STRESS FREE, baseball from here on out.

I thought once bird hit that double they should have brought a better baserunner in. Although it was a perfect play at the plate a quicker runner could have gotten that all important first run

I said the exact same think. Pinch run Jacoby Ellsbury there and he becomes the DH...Headley to first. That was a head scratcher to me. Also, I have been critical of Girardi all year long about leaving pitchers in too long. That happened with both CC and Kahnle last night, IMO. What was he saving the bullpen for? Poorly managed game, IMO.

shoot...i completely forgot about Ellsbury, my mind immediately went to torreyes, then bring in holiday at first, but yeah headley could have gone there.

I said the exact same think. Pinch run Jacoby Ellsbury there and he becomes the DH...Headley to first. That was a head scratcher to me. Also, I have been critical of Girardi all year long about leaving pitchers in too long. That happened with both CC and Kahnle last night, IMO. What was he saving the bullpen for? Poorly managed game, IMO.

How cute, a bunch of new Astros fans. Good luck with that- Astros are good, dang good, but we're looking at the start of the Dodgers for the next decade+.

1. We're picking a team to root for, for this world series. We're not signing our names in blood to be loyal to them for eternity.

2. Astros were the highest scoring team in the entire league.

3. The Dodgers are streaky and inconsistent. They could, very well, win the Series, but HOU was far more consistent throughout the year.

4. The Dodgers are not set up for a 10-year-run; not even close. They have the highest payroll in the league and they look good now, but they are not very far from crumbling.

shoot...i completely forgot about Ellsbury, my mind immediately went to torreyes, then bring in holiday at first, but yeah headley could have gone there.

I'm sorry, my Yankees fan friends. As you know, I've felt this a number of times as a Mets fan.

I will tell you this ... no one was beating the Astros in that series. It wasn't about Yankees pitching, or the management of the game. The Astros are just the better team and the biggest reason ... the Yankees bats were cold on the road. They had Verlander on the ropes in consecutive innings in Game 6. That was their opportunity and they missed it.

This was no Yankee's fault. They ran into a buzzsaw. I think Girardi is a great manager and you've got a great team.

One exception - Sanchez. If he can't be your DH, then get rid of him. I think, without exaggeration, that he is the worst defensive catcher I've ever seen.

Other than that, the Yankees ARE a team that is built for a decade-long run.

And nothing would please me more than for them to meet (not beat) the Mets in a couple World Series along the way.

Peace, brothers.

That was a weird atmosphere. Hyperbole aside I've seen rowdier Bills preseason games entering the stadium. Only one dude tried to talk $hit to us and he said something like "the youth movement is coming." I can't believe that guy tried to play the youth movement AND NOT recognize the Yanks team/system. He was probably the most educated baseball fan in that stadium. It was strange.

They just ran out of gas. They couldn't string together timely hits. The astros had a couple of big hits. They certainly deserved to win. With that being said I came home feeling pretty positive (which I never am). This is going to be a great run for the Yanks. It feels a little like 1995 to me. I can't wait to see what the future holds!!

How wrong can one person be in a single post? :lol:

Alright all right, I'm getting some maybe deserved grief for my post, haha. Life-long Dodgers fan here, and just thrilled to see them in the Series again. I really do wish it were the Yankees from the AL.... need to start evening up that WS record sometime. )

But seriously, folks... I don't know how much NL ball y'all pay attention to, but the Dodgers farm is in full boner mode, and they're looking like they smartly (finally) augment what they can't grow at will. This is gonna be a tough team for a loooong time.