Notable stat indicative of Taylor's valuable play right now

To a degree...

What many want to see is Tyrod throw the team on his back down 2 scores an win a game. Until that happens you will see the same comments about him,

Give him a better WR corp. He brought the team back with Watkins and Woods the second Miami game last season.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to this particular stat I don't think it matters how often we trailed. What matters is that Taylor is asked to do most of his work in that scenario and it is shown that he does a good job of doing what he is asked to do.

I wish they wouldn't go into shell mode when we have a one score lead. It will bite us at some point. Over the last two weeks it has been pretty clear that the offense moves the ball very well when we are passing on first down and not very well when they are in run, run, pass, punt mode.

Some people point to Taylor and say he cant handle passing more. I don't understand where that comes from because he does a very good job when he is being asked to pass. What is all of a sudden going to change if they ask him to pass more often early? If the dude does a good job, which he has, when passing 24 times... how all of a sudden is he going to be worse passing 6 more times?

People can point out that he has lost more often when passing 30 times or more a game than he has won, but its a totally different thing. When he has been asked to pass that much its because our defense was swiss cheese and the game plan simply wasn't working.

This, I think, is the point. :thumbsup:

C'mon man... really?

really.

All the stuff about stats is irrelevant w/o a better W to L ratio.

Keep yourself and others entertained studying stats. Stats are an interesting topic but stats do not guarantee a win.

Should I have credited 3-1 to the Defense?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

really.

Keep yourself and others entertained studying stats. Stats are an interesting topic but stats do not guarantee a win.

Is this one of those if team wins it's a team thing and if they lose it's Taylor's fault?

Just askin

This is a team game and the defense is definitely a part of Taylor's W-L stat as well as some other stats. Remember, the D gave up 30 or more points five times last year. I posted a stat where all of the playoff QB's were a combined 5-23 when their respective team's D gave up 30 or more points (in 2016).

Likewise, while the defense is better, the offense is putting together better drives. IIRC, the Bills were somewhere around 25th in the league last year on 3 and outs. I believe this year they're about 10th thus far.

really.

You're constantly all over the place and it's really to follow your thought process regarding Taylor.

Simple question, then.

If the Bills go, let's say 11-5, make the playoffs, and win a game, is that then absolute validation that Taylor is the guy?

Yes?

No?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

You're constantly all over the place and it's really to follow your thought process regarding Taylor.

Simple question, then.

If the Bills go, let's say 11-5, make the playoffs, and win a game, is that then absolute validation that Taylor is the guy?

Yes?

No?

Seems like a silly question given how little information youre giving. If our success is largely due to the defense and Tyrod is just being an efficient game manager then I think its still an easy no. If he throws for 25 TDs, maintains a completion percentage in the mid 60s and throws for 3,700 yards and keeps turnovers limited then I think that becomes an easy yes.

In fairness we haven't trailed much have we? Think furthest down we have been is 4 points and that was not for a prolonged period.

No, no, no.......you are reading this all wrong.........it means he's only good in garbage time. :thumbsup:

Seriously though......the reason they aren't trailing much is because he has responded when given the opportunity to do so by Dennison..........they tend to be ultra conservative with the lead but when they are trailing and being even moderately aggressive Tyrod is generally responding.........despite a terrible WR corps.

Is this one of those if team wins it's a team thing and if they lose it's Taylor's fault?

Just askin

since people miss my sarcasm (frequently) I'll answer you as straightforward as I can. Everything Taylors fault.

psst that's a joke.

Seems like a silly question given how little information youre giving. If our success is largely due to the defense and Tyrod is just being an efficient game manager then I think its still an easy no. If he throws for 25 TDs, maintains a completion percentage in the mid 60s and throws for 3,700 yards and keeps turnovers limited then I think that becomes an easy yes.

and he wonders why I'm all over the place....

Bang, it should be a silly question, but I'm trying to figure out what the heck Shady is thinking considering he said the notable stat of Taylor's value is "3 wins 1 loss."

It's head scratching to me the way people still attribute QB play almost solely to Ws and Ls.

It is very simple. Taylor should be our QB until someone comes along and plays better. Not has more potential, not has a better contract, simply a better pro QB. Competition breads greatness. Alex Smith made 2 significant leaps in play in his career. When Kaepernick looked like a legit threat, and so far this year when they drafted Mahomes who has a cannon and will throw it all over the field. I dont think it is a coincidence that he has had his most success throwing down the filed the year Reid found him a QB he traded up 20 spots for. If Taylor continues to play the way he has maybe an early QB draft choice will spurn a change in Taylor.

Edited by Mat68