Villanueva Top Selling Jersey Today

Long term it's bad though, because after the initial excitement of watching something burn goes away then it's just about the game and they won't tune in.

The NFL is going to lose casual viewers who just want to zone in and tune of to a mindless game. They will also lose the hardcore trumpsters.

I just want to watch football. We all deal with politics on a daily basis. I hate all of this. I get it both sides, but I hate it.

WTH does that have to do with this thread??

That sports should not be involved in politics and vice versa?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that its the President who packaged a few megatons of explosives and lit the fuse? God forbid he would talk about health care, the economy or say the disaster in Puerto Rico.

Just out of curiosity...when did this start? Did it start with the president opening his piehole about it?

No. It started with a football player who chose to wear socks of pigs dressed in police uniforms and kneel during the National Anthem, followed VERY QUICKLY by sports writers who need people to pay attention to everything they write.

Yes, the president made things worse...but eliminate the sports writer need to compare Kaep to Ali, and the president is saying some other stupid thing that has nothing to do with football.

Following your lead :)

Pointless topic, keep it in the million other threads,,,,,,,,,cool

/no-point

really? jersey sales about an O lineman a guy who made news in the NFL.. ?? Pointless? get a grip..

I just want to watch football. We all deal with politics on a daily basis. I hate all of this. I get it both sides, but I hate it.

That sports should not be involved in politics and vice versa?

i think the NFL.. the media.. is using this to try and make Trump the enemy.. JMHO

Edited by dwight in philly

really? jersey sales about an O lineman a guy who made news in the NFL.. ?? Pointless? get a grip..

i think the NFL.. the media.. is using this to try and make Trump the enemy.. JMHO

Dwight, it was on the verge of being a non-story. There was no reason to bring it up.

Same it's more of an annoyance than I'd like to deal with. People that try their best to live a decent life and treat others fairly and view everyone as the same get sick of hearing how wrong the world is all the time.

Nobody's perfect, nothing's perfect, if you are doing something proactive and helping youths or less fortunate people sure give those stories some air time.

I remember some special about Connor Barwin helping kids and building parks in the inner parts of Philly and helping make kids lives a little better. That was great. Before that show I always viewed him as a big annoying ogre.

I think in general people appreciate others doing good and would be more likely to do some themselves instead of being poked in the eye about the wrongs of the world. We can't fix all the wrongs on our own all we can do is be good people and find the good in others until the hate dies.

really? jersey sales about a guy who made news in the NFL.. ?? Pointless? get a grip..

IM out of this thread after this because my blood is going to start to boil again.

The NFL is a private business, we as Americans want the Govt to stay out of Private business, therefore Trump had no business spouting off like he did telling the NFL how to run its business. There are bigger things he needs to worry about then all of this, he only has himself to blame.

I think it took courage for the first kneelers to kneel.

And I think it took courage for Villanueva to stand. Tomlin made it clear he wanted 100% participation unity in regards to the national anthem. But Villanueva followed his own moral compass and did what he thought was right. Given his background (West Point, Rangers, 3 tours in Afghanistan), you can't blame him. He defied his coach's wishes and stood with his hand over his heart.

I respect both sides.

Edited by hondo in seattle