We have #1 ranked Defense!!! [confirmed!]

CanadianFan

After 3 rounds of NFL slug fest, our defense is ranked #1 baby!!!!!!

#1 in terms of points given up per game that is:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense

In terms of the traditional measure of yards per game, we're now 6th in total d. behind Carolina, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Denver, and that defensive powerhouse Washington.

I have never really understood the use of total yards as the ranking of defense. Points are clearly much more important.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR

The Bills defense ranks as the NFL's top scoring D (12.3 PPG) One reason why is the Bills are only allowing 2.65 yds per play inside the 30

DKwjZk0XcAIrJy3.jpg

interesting what a 3 game sample tells us.

Baltimore and Cincy are Terrible teams yet..... they are in the top 10.

At this juncture it's all about SOS. Defeating Cleveland or Cincy isn't that difficult @ 0-3 each

By no means and I peeing on the Bills D. I'm pleasantly surprised and hope the trend continues.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

McD and Frazier have been pretty impressive thus far with the D.

Unfortunately, as always, we have trouble being good on both sides of the ball. What Dennison has done with the run game is concerning.

I don't think it's that. Teams are stacking the box and are going to do that until the passing game can sustain success and I think they are still finding their identity in the passing game. The 2nd half of that Denver game the passing game sure did pick it up and teams are going to have to start to respect them.

I have never really understood the use of total yards as the ranking of defense. Points are clearly much more important.

They both have their pros and cons. Better to look at both and take them for what they are. For instance we had a game against Miami with EJ. We started mid field or better 5 times. They only had to move 10-20 yards to score. There are many times where an offense gives up the ball in its own redzone. Is it the defense fault that a score happens in that situation? On the flip side the defense looks good because they only gave up a few yards in that situation.

Edited by Scott7975

Yet they still win grrrrr

I would love to see the Bills restructure Marcell then trade him. This would allow us to push for Cousins. Then we can go into the draft and get lots of toys.

The odds seem to favor Cousins joining Shanahan in SF but you never know. Many of us expected Marrone to influence drafting Nassib and it didn't happen.

The odds seem to favor Cousins joining Shanahan in SF but you never know. Many of us expected Marrone to influence drafting Nassib and it didn't happen.

if san fran is in the top 5 they can take a cost controlled qb as opposed to kirk. we have the cap room even with dareus on the roster.

Do we want Kirk Cousins though?

Lets see how he plays this season. For a 3 to 5 year rental, Kirk would be a good stop gap until the "Next F QB" is signed.

Three games are admittedly a small sample size, but this season the Bills are giving up just 12.3 points per game and 278.3 yards per game, which rank No. 1 and No. 6 in the NFL, respectively.

Is this Real Life? .. Stepping away from the Kool Aid now.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan