We have #1 ranked Defense!!! [confirmed!]

CanadianFan

The Sean McDermott formula: The new Bills coach seems to have an unusual amount of personnel power in Buffalo, and he used it well this offseason. He re-made the team's secondary in one offseason with mostly spare parts, just like the Panthers used to do at his old job as defensive coordinator in Carolina. The Bills' secondary has been difficult to throw against for three straight weeks, with rookie Tre'Davious White and safety pickup Jordan Poyer standing out. It's a fundamentally sound defense that tackles and makes opponents earn yards. Combine that defense with a strong

Thumbs up 👍🏻

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how much our defense was on the field, I wanted to see how we compared against other team's defenses in terms of points allowed per defensive time on field.

Apparently, it's not a real stat, but I think it has merit.

The Bills' defense was at the top, only allowing .388 points per minute on the field. The next lowest was .513 for the Panthers, and the league average is .724.
We also had the 8th highest amount of time spent on defense with 95:23, while the average was 88.20. So that looks bad on the offense...but the defense still held up.

That's pretty damned good.

Edited by Insomniac99

I love it!!!!

Anybody know what our O is sitting at right now?

just go to NFL Team Stats for future reference. It's easier to sort than ESPN, besides I hate ESPN.

We're 25th in PTS scored on offense, and 26th in yards per game. Atlanta is 4th and 5th respectively in offense.

FWIW I alsways follow much more closely in pts scored and pts allowed. Considering we've played two teams that are probably making the playoffs and we're avg a little over 12 pts per game is impressive. We're for real if we beat Atlanta. Cincy and Jets upcoming so if we win this week, we could have 5-1 right after the bye.

Do I think we're beating ATL, no but I can hope and root for them.

just go to NFL Team Stats for future reference. It's easier to sort than ESPN, besides I hate ESPN.

We're 25th in PTS scored on offense, and 26th in yards per game. Atlanta is 4th and 5th respectively in offense.

FWIW I alsways follow much more closely in pts scored and pts allowed. Considering we've played two teams that are probably making the playoffs and we're avg a little over 12 pts per game is impressive. We're for real if we beat Atlanta. Cincy and Jets upcoming so if we win this week, we could have 5-1 right after the bye.

Do I think we're beating ATL, no but I can hope and root for them.

Carolina and Denver playoff teams?

It's all on Cam to step it up for the Panthers and Denver has to get past OAK and KC.

I'm expecting a L but will gleefully enjoy a win.

The Bills' defense was at the top, only allowing .388 points per minute on the field. The next lowest was .513 for the Panthers, and the league average is .724.
We also had the 8th highest amount of time spent on defense with 95:23, while the average was 88.20. So that looks bad on the offense...but the defense still held up.

That's pretty damned good.

I'm confused because I remember BigCat telling the board that if your offense goes 3 and out your defense inevitably gives up points and it is the offense's fault. He had heat maps and everything......