Drive Before Half

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't wrong to save time outs to the end. Having two time outs with 20 seconds left is infinitely better than having 45 seconds and no time outs. Why? Because having time outs allows you to use the entire field instead of being forced to the sidelines to stop the clock.

I disagree completely. Under a minute the actual time on the clock is far more important than how many time outs you have. You can stop the clock in a wide variety of ways, even still using the middle of the field. But the actual time on the clock determines how many plays you can run.

An average play takes 7 or 8 seconds if it is fast. With 20 seconds left, you only have 2-3 plays with your time outs. With 45 seconds and a time out you can get 4 or 5 plays by using the side line and clocking it.

Edited by MJS

You aren't wrong to save time outs to the end. Having two time outs with 20 seconds left is infinitely better than having 45 seconds and no time outs. Why? Because having time outs allows you to use the entire field instead of being forced to the sidelines to stop the clock.

I think we had three. He used the first 15 seconds late. We would have had a minute with two timeouts. Instead we had 46 seconds with two timeouts.

I think we had three. He used the first 15 seconds late. We would have had a minute with two timeouts. Instead we had 46 seconds with two timeouts.

Totally agree. Time out should have been taken then.

Hopefully another learning moment for the rookie.