McDermott: Bills Need More Urgency from Dareus

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have X-rays and MRIs to determine such things.

Though, to be fair, you can wreck and ankle pretty bad and have nothing show up on an X-ray.

A couple years ago I hurt my ankle and went from a sports PT saying "Ah, you're likely ok, just a bad sprain." To getting an X ray and the doc saying "Nope, it's broke on the outside, you should get an MRI." To the MRI person saying "Ohhhhh, yeah, you broke both sides of your ankle."

So the x ray caught one break, but not the other...

Well said. One thing I've learned through some rough life lessons is I personally want to judge less. I get wanting people to excel and do their best, but sometimes what you are seeing IS their best, or the best they can do at that time. It does NOT mean they can't learn to live up to potential. They may just be acting lazy, who knows? But they are people with all the strengths and weaknesses the rest of us have but on a higher stage magnifying everything.

Don't get me wrong, fans will always judge players (and that's fine), but judging people is different. Dareus is not choosing to say "I will underachieve today". It's far more complicated, IMO.

I appreciate your compassion and willingness to understand someone else's perception and the complicated nature of being human.

However, in this case I think it's more than fair to say Dareus has underachieved since signing one of the highest contracts in the NFL. Just based on what he accomplished in 2011-2014 and what little he has done since then.

However, in this case I think it's more than fair to say Dareus has underachieved since signing one of the highest contracts in the NFL. Just based on what he accomplished in 2011-2014 and what little he has done since then.

Especially given AJ Green, P. Peterson, J. Jones, JJ Watt, and R. Quinn, among others, went after his pick...

He can be the best player on the team. I dont think he is a bad dude, his personal life has been hard he was given a bunch of money and was told to be space eater not a playmaker for 2 years. I have faith in McDermott and If buffalo makes a playoff run Daures needs to be Mr. Big Stuff and just big and stuffed.