PFF: Bills are 31st for time for Taylor to throw.

JM2009

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

...let's see exactly where those "stats" lead to at 4:05PM on Sunday.............

Add to what discussion? Discussing the fact that this "stat" you posted is completely useless? Tyrod scrambles and moves around most of the time. He's probably going to lead the league in "time with ball before a pass" as long as he's a starter. You posted the same exact thing in another thread.......then made another thread about it.

Tyrod is a great scrambler for a QB, hence the stat having its own thread. I added to this informative discussion

ha ha ha I didn't like EJ 2014 and on either. SMH Nor Fitz, nor Edwards after a few games. The only QBs I have defended since the drought are Bledsoe, Orton and Taylor. I only point out he isn't this terrible QB that some think he is. The more rational posters seem to agree. The ones with an agenda do not. Hate Peterman-the kid has never started an NFL game before-a real one. I hope he does well. We know nothing about him yet. It's ignorant posting like yours that demand responses, again , and again and again.

Just an updated stat thread going into the third game. Thought it was interesting.

I got this PFF link from Bills Fanatics. All the comments from people there all said it was the time he has to throw. And about the Carolina game they are agreed that Carolina was in the backfield most of the game.

The stat is how long it takes to throw the ball. Go look at nexgen stats on NFL.Com. Says the same thing.

We'll see. Thank you for posting a thought on this stat I put up about his intermediate passing. I don't think anyone else did.

.....maybe being older than dirt leaves me set in my analytical ways, but I'm not a stat rat.....first, you can manipulate them any way you want to prove YOUR point or disprove another's....my all-time favorite stat is "W's" and I don't give a rat's azz how you get me 10 and a playoff berth.......55 years and a 17 year drought doesn't leve me much time.....and I already found ort where I'm ending up, "Hell's Kitchen", the reception sucks.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Carolina was living in our backfield.

Because he held the ball for so long.

Mobile QBs are almost always near the bottom (or top) in time to throw because they keep more plays alive and keep them alive longer. Think about Bledsoe (my favorite example). As soon as someone got through the line he was on the ground. When you keep plays alive like Tyrod, Cam, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson, etc... you will always be in there longer. That's common sense

Fwiw, that was the thing that impressed me the most about Baker Mayfield 2 weeks ago. He made guys miss until he could make a play. It was really impressive.

This is true.

.....maybe being older than dirt leaves me set in my analytical ways, but I'm not a stat rat.....first, you can manipulate them any way you want to prove YOUR point or disprove another's....my all-time favorite stat is "W's" and I don't give a rat's azz how you get me 10 and a playoff berth.......55 years and a 17 year drought doesn't leve me much time.....and I already found ort where I'm ending up, "Hell's Kitchen", the reception sucks.....

Your right. Ws are all that matters really. 55 years you have stuck with this team. I salute you. I think Indy is there too.

Because he held the ball for so long.

This is true.

He did on some plays. But the O line is not good at pass blocking. The right side really gets exposed.

Wayne,

This is a completely flawed stat that was dissected over a year ago. Tyrod scrambles many times before he throws and all that time adds to this fictitious time count that OL gives him protection when he actually gets little protection.

This can't be lost on you? Can it?

It can be both. Yes, Tyrod's mobility contributes to the time. But Tyrod also holds the ball way too long because he's slow to read the field, slow to react, and hesitant to pull the trigger.

We'll see. Thank you for posting a thought on this stat I put up about his intermediate passing. I don't think anyone else did.

You did indeed put up this thread about his intermediate passing, not mentioning the short and long passing.

And it's pretty clear why you did so. If you're going to cherrypick the one good stat and not mention the bad ones (short is 20th and deep is 23rd intermediate is 12th), expect criticism. It's warranted. You're spinning, not analyzing.

Edited by Thurman#1

You did indeed put up this thread about his intermediate passing, not mentioning the short and long passing.

And it's pretty clear why you did so. If you're going to cherrypick the one good stat and not mention the bad ones (21st and 24th if I remember?), expect criticism. It's warranted. You're spinning, not analyzing.

Why the anger? The entire chart is there for all to see. And a bad pass blocking line with no deep threat is not the recipe for success for any QB. You seem to do a lot of spinning in your own discussions,.

Why the anger? The entire chart is there for all to see. And a bad pass blocking line with no deep threat is not the recipe for success for any QB. You seem to do a lot of spinning in your own discussions,.

It isn't anger. It's precision.

I said you cherrypicked and spun ... because you cherrypicked and spun in this case. If you do that you'll be called out, and you should expect it.

You also post plenty of good stuff, though. I often really appreciate your POV. And now that I think about it, I'm really really tired. Maybe that affected my tone.

Edited by Thurman#1

I think "time to throw" is how long it takes Tyrod to throw the ball, not how much time the offensive line is giving him to throw.

Holding onto the ball too long before he throws has been an issue of Tyrod's.

On the other hand, some of the younger, more mobile quarterbacks in the league such as Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, and even Andrew Luck have much higher times to throw, and it’s not because they’re getting more time from their line, but moreso because they’re either looking to extend plays with their legs, trying to take more downfield shots, or some combination of both.

From the site provided by the link from papazoid above.

Edited by Scott7975

He's bottom half of the league. Stats don't tell the whole story. Like EJ, he just can't read the field, read defenses, throw open receivers or work effectively from the pocket. His strength is his legs and athleticism. But for sophisticated, timing based passing offenses, he's not a good fit. And unfortunately, Dennisuck is not playing to his strengths. He's pulling a REXY and trying to force his square system into a round hole.

exactly...there is a reason the strategy for other teams in to "Make him be a quarterback"

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

This doesn't measure what you are thinking it measures from the thread title.

It measures the length of time the QB takes to throw the ball on average, NOT how long the OLine protects him for.

In large part this is on Tyrod for holding the ball too long, not trusting what he sees and refusing to throw a receiver open.

Edited by matter2003