Bills Kicker speaks about inequality

MAJBobby

That is a horrible attempt at reason and misses the issue entirely. We are talking about racism, not occupations. Don't try to twist things by missing the obvious.

Again, I think you're misunderstanding me. Unless you define the terms, saying 'group vs group = racism' without defining either what groups you're referring to or the nature of their competition is to water down the term.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pacifier/distractor is here!!! YAY!

I am going to report you for the name calling. be notified Mr !

I am all about speaking out. I am also all about listening.

S.H. is alright by me for his thinking, and moreso for speaking up.

some may consider players using the NFL stage to bring an awareness . It has been done for many causes. Al the Pink made me crazy. But it was for a cause.

Players and Teams are very respectful to recognition for the good things, and the tragedies.

augie you ole son of a gun ; )

Humans are naturally racist. This is a big reason for why we're naturally so violent.

No, your and idiot

humans are naturally protective.

so they find groups for safety. People that look alike is first and the people that act similar are next as to how Humans bond on a subconscious level

People tend to form alliances or " groups" with those who are most like them economically. Not racially.

nope. post modern dream world maybe for up and comers.

If one supposes that we are " naturally" racist and violent, then there is not really anything that can be done about it. I personally don't believe that we are naturally racist or violent. If we are naturally violent why do we put people in prisons and have police? Most people don't want to be violent naturally. They just want others to let them well enough alone.

I do believe this is the current state

Congrats on finding your self some zen, Boat . glad to read it here

Bye thread

what , already? I just got here. Can i get a nosh at least? and napkin?

I drove all the way up from my boat on the Pacific Ocean to my plane which i just landed here in the back yard

Edited by 3rdand12

Again, I think you're misunderstanding me. Unless you define the terms, saying 'group vs group = racism' without defining either what groups you're referring to or the nature of their competition is to water down the term.

Grasp the context, and it's clear that that you are reaching. Not to be too harsh, but why is this even a conversation?

No. Gotta keep them PPP people segregated

Ha! Yeah, I understand!

Hop on in then!

Every one gets a ride

Bastage! Beat me too it... I should learn to read up thread first. Wait, can I read up thread? :-)

Lordy, I should have bailed from this thread so very long ago.

Be good, people. :)

Please stay! Come out and play! ;-)

maybe it was not this thread, and maybe it was.

I have concerns about some of our posters ^ ^^

in general as well as up thread

Go Hauschka !

No worries! :-) Not sure if those carrots were for me. It's usually, the other side that cracks and this board is living proof.

Been doing it for 15 years...

Go Hauschka, not sure why this bothers people.

News flash: The entire black experience goes well beyond your little childhood friend. I played tennis today at a park where out of 2 dozen plus people to pass through today, there was only one other caucassian. I'm a regular there. We take breaks under a shelter for shade, and I hear their life experiences. They don't make this stuff up for me, they're just talking about life. You are ignorant on this subject. (Not a personal attack - look up the definition of ignorant.)

This is unnecessary. I am sure of one thing I can never understand a man till I walk a mile in their shoes. Just like you can never judge me because that same thing is true. You claiming I am ignorant is not appropriate because you don't know my experience at all and yes I know what it means and it is a personal attack. I have had many friends of different races and people are treated differently based on stereotypes does that make it racial. I was in high school of 40% african american, if we were in Gym class and we played basketball I would pick the black guy first because there was a better chance that guy could jump and in general play better basketball. That's stereotyping not racist. There were a lot of hispanics that got in trouble and a lot of white people that got in trouble and it had nothing to do with race. You take this Trayvon Martin case that happened, the first report was a white guy that shot him and then it turned to a white hispanic why is that? This is where some media is fanning a flame that isn't there. People need to start thinking of these cases from an impartial standpoint and they will realize the hatred is sometimes more about us then whoever we think it is about. Is there injustice? Absolutely 100% agree but I think it has to deal with high crime areas and the way people portray themselves. Are there dirty cops? Absolutely, but I don't think anyone here can honestly say that that is not the exception. I think people that commit crimes need to be prosecuted fairly cop or citizen but to protest against cops when so many and some I know personally are very good people and what they do is protect us. They put their life on the line and sometimes they make quick decisions, for anyone that cares find out the whole story before you go protesting that another white (or black in some instances) cop shoots an african american.