Why dont the Bills Audible?

MAJBobby

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know the % of time we run on first down, its seems more then 80%. Everything just seems so predictable with our O

If you don't include the final 2 minutes against Carolina for obvious passing situation, and you don't include the final 4 minutes of Jets game for obvious run situation...

68% 32 runs on first down to 15 passes on first down.

Edited by Scott7975

This is the 3rd OC that hasnt given Tyrod the full freedom to change plays at the line. Either its a coincidence or they all didnt want to give him with that responsibility for a particular reason.

Do you know that Taylor didn't have full freedom to change plays at the end of last season? Or even 2015? This is an honest question because I don't know if I've ever seen a quote from the end of the season regarding that issue. Notice what he says: It's a work in progress. Taylor does have the ability to audible in certain packages. He said that flatly.

I read a poster this week who actually said that Taylor has zero say at the line of scrimmage and that he does nothing. Well, I guess we see what we want to see even when it's not the truth.

It has as much..if not more to do with the OC and how willing they are to allow the QB to audible, than it does the QB.

This. Exactly this!

If you don't include the final 2 minutes against Carolina for obvious passing situation, and you don't include the final 4 minutes of Jets game for obvious run situation...

To be fair, are those all designed runs? Or any of them scrambles by Taylor? Those would be designed past players.

Do you know that Taylor didn't have full freedom to change plays at the end of last season? Or even 2015? This is an honest question because I don't know if I've ever seen a quote from the end of the season regarding that issue. Notice what he says: It's a work in progress. Taylor does have the ability to audible in certain packages. He said that flatly.

I read a poster this week who actually said that Taylor has zero say at the line of scrimmage and that he does nothing. Well, I guess we see what we want to see even when it's not the truth.

He didn't have full freedom. I remember reading an article that Lynn actually gave him less freedom than Roman did. At the end of the season I do not know, but that's the way it was when Lynn took over.

This. Exactly this!

To be fair, are those all designed runs? Or any of them scrambles by Taylor? Those would be designed past players.

1 of them was a QB scramble. The rest all went to a running back.

Edited by Scott7975

Taylor should be able to audible out of runs on first down.. What a disaster

1st down McCoy no gain

2nd down incomplete

3rd down short of sticks

:censored:

Since when does a QB have to be under center to audible? His height has zero to do with whether he can or can not audible.

I've never seen a QB yell an audible 7 yards from the backfield. They step in place and do hand singles, but they don't audible. They come to the line to audible but that's from the hurry up.

If he was under center, the first thing would be to do a hard snap count. But if they do that, you just put 8 in the box knowing that if the Bills pass, the ball won't be out, because TT can't see the field.

He could throw blind, but that requires accurate passing, which TT is not because his lower body is always tangled up from running.

Whole lotta' pages for a simple answer..........this offense is new........and VERY new to a number of starters(Matthews, Jones, Dawkins) and this coaching staff is risk averse because they know they have no margin for error.

Zay Jones ran two routes incorrectly in the game and dropped the pass each time.....NOT IN SYNC....yet people think it's good Jauron-Ball for Taylor to be changing plays at the LOS?

As Taylor said.......they are getting to that point..........but particularly these WR don't have the system down yet.

He didn't have full freedom. I remember reading an article that Lynn actually gave him less freedom than Roman did. At the end of the season I do not know, but that's the way it was when Lynn took over.

Yeah, I know, that's what they said during the year. What about the end of the year?

Does anyone really expect every QB to get free range playcalling and audibling from the very beginning in a brand new system?

1 of them was a QB scramble. The rest all went to a running back.

So 66% designed runs to a RB.

Still way too much.

I've never seen a QB yell an audible 7 yards from the backfield. They step in place and do hand singles, but they don't audible. They come to the line to audible but that's from the hurry up.

If he was under center, the first thing would be to do a hard snap count. But if they do that, you just put 8 in the box knowing that if the Bills pass, the ball won't be out, because TT can't see the field.

He could throw blind, but that requires accurate passing, which TT is not because his lower body is always tangled up from running.

Whaaaaaaat?!?!

Dude, QBs audible from shotgun all the freaking time!

Just watch them running up to the line from shotgun screaming things out at the line and at the WRs and that's when they are audibling. Brady does it all the time. Plenty of other QBs do it all the time.

Very common.

Whaaaaaaat?!?!

Dude, QBs audible from shotgun all the freaking time!

Just watch them running up to the line from shotgun screaming things out at the line and at the WRs and that's when they are audibling. Brady does it all the time. Plenty of other QBs do it all the time.

Very common.

Yeah I couldn't even bother after that lol.

Yeah, I know, that's what they said during the year. What about the end of the year?

Does anyone really expect every QB to get free range playcalling and audibling from the very beginning in a brand new system?

Would I be crazy to say that if I trusted my qb to make the right reads pre-snap, then yes I would give him 100% freedom because I'd likewise trust he has a firm grasp over at least a fair portion of his own playbook.

Whole lotta' pages for a simple answer..........this offense is new........and VERY new to a number of starters(Matthews, Jones, Dawkins) and this coaching staff is risk averse because they know they have no margin for error.

Zay Jones ran two routes incorrectly in the game and dropped the pass each time.....NOT IN SYNC....yet people think it's good Jauron-Ball for Taylor to be changing plays at the LOS?

As Taylor said.......they are getting to that point..........but particularly these WR don't have the system down yet.

That's fair to a degree but in today's NFL you are always cycling new players, new coordinators, etc... it's rare you are carrying a ton of consistency.

I will also admit that I carry some negativity from those awful two minute drills where TT had to stand and stare at the sideline -- until I see him making adjustments at the line and really running the offense with some autonomy it'll be hard to erase that frustration

I think the last QB our coaches had faith in to read the field and call audibles regularly was Orton. He was smart and skilled, and knew how to do it all. Unfortunately, he was at the point in his career where he was unwilling to take that extra hit or extra punishment to win at all costs. He had lost that competitive fire to risk the pain and risk getting severely hurt just to win the game. He knew exactly what to do, and had the skill to do it, but was just unwilling to do it anymore.

Edited by simpleman