Does McD give Bills an advantage this week vs Carolina??

ChanOverChin

Problem is, Rivera knows McD's defense inside and out, and he has Cam Newton to take advantage of Bills weaknesses.

i don't think there's an advantage.

Except there isn't much film on what he's doing differently now as his own HC, tweaks made to fit the new players and how they work within the scheme as well as what wrinkles Frazier has added.

Meanwhile I believe McDerm knows panthers playbook and personnel inside and out.

I definitely give him the advantage in the department. How big a factor it is in the game remains to be seen.

It might be a SLIGHT advantage coaching wise to McDermott since he knows the players very well as well as strengths and weaknesses and the schemes while Rivera and Newton know just the scheme McDermott runs and not necessarily the players as well.

That being said, it won't be the difference between a win and a loss, it usually isn't except in rare circumstances.

These are just my opinion, of course, but:

QB- CAR

RB- BUF

WR- Push

OL- BUF

DL- BUF

LB- CAR

DB- Push

I agree with this analysis. I needed to see it laid out. Thanks.

Without trying to be a homer, and realizing the Panthers were bad last year on merit, the gap isn't wide here between the teams.

This said, I'd still be shocked & thrilled if we win!

We'll see how good that Carolina run defense really is when it goes up against the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. Going to be an interesting game. Tyrod will need to work the sidelines rather than the middle against this defense. With a rusty Cam, I certainly don't see an easy win for the Panthers. I think our own D is going to be pretty good this year. If Cam tries those 5-7 step drops our D could make him pay.

As for an advantage for the coach, I don't see it. Coach is just going to keep the players focused on their assignments. There won't be any last minute wrinkles added just because he knows the Panthers offense. Sure, they will game plan but it will be the same as it would for any other team.

Edited by Rockinon

They are very similar teams. Run game good defense. Battle of wills to me. This looks like a tough fought time of possession and feild position type of game. If we win Haucska is the player of the game. Im a little concerned about the kicking timing. The kick that was missed I thought could have been blocked and the rush effect the outcome of the kick.

Edited by Mat68