THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Off and Running

Shaw66

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story about State Farm. Personally, I've been with AMICA forever, and they're great too.

I'd never buy insurance from an amphibian. Not that I'm biased; some of my best friends are amphibians.

Yeah they have been fantastic to work with both in cases where I had something stolen (Motorcycle twice, and broke into my car once) or when I was in an accident (once on a motorcycle when I hit debris in the road and another when someone rear ended my car hard in traffic). And to top it all off they were by far the cheapest. When I first got my first motorcycle, insurance quote (ironically) from Geico was almost $350 a month. State Farm for better coverage was $47 per month.

Edited by Alphadawg7

VERY well done. I hope we can look forward to these reviews all season long.

4a. How about Kyle Williams on the stunt around the left defensive end, looping around to pressure the QB then continuing upfield to tackle the receiver for a short gain? That man has been one special football player for a long time.

My son and I re-wound this about 5 times and laughed the whole time we watched it. The amount of hustle that he has for such a big man is very impressive. I was surprised the runner didn't fumble because he had no idea what hit him.

The problem is everyone is thinking back to how the defense played when Shwartz was here. Those guys, outside of Shaq, are all 3 years older. That's a long time in football years! They should be slowing down and pressuring the QB less with just 4 guys. I'm not sure why its so surprising.

It's weird.. What the last 17 years have done to this fanbase, culminating in many of the moves made this offseason and in particular the last month. But, it's like half the fan base is not only expected the team to suck, but almost need them to suck so they can justify their hard-lined opinions. So we see everyone demanding near perfect performances, with every mistake being highlighted and blown out of proportion. Rather than talk about the good game Tyrod had, all people wanna talk about is how it wasn't good enough.

Yes, the team wasn't perfect yesterday. And yes it was just the Jets. But so many people seem overly critical. I was expecting to read all the glowing comments today... But I felt like I needed to check the score again, because to read some posts it seems we really lost the game. Not the OP here (mind you). Yesterday was a good game, just about the best way you could have scripted a week one game for this team. Let's all enjoy it. let's give this team a chance. Sure, they're gonna make mistakes and lose games, but yesterday was far and away more good than bad. ...stepping down from soap box...

1. Calm down. Im about as positive as they come.

2. If you wouldve read what I wrote you wouldve notice my critique of Hughes and Dareus goes well beyond 1 game. We're talking about a sample size of dozens of games now. And the one game yesterday was simply an extension of that.

3. Dareus may be 3 years older but hes still in his prime. Hughes just turned 29. Kyle williams is 34 and still bringing it.

Always enjoyed reading your write ups on BBMB! Thanks for the good stuff as usual.

I had a feeling this "tradition" came from BBMB. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I have to say, this write up, over-rides all of the negative press BBMB gets around here. It is obvious the OP has done this for awhile, by how polished this post is. If there are any more surprises left from BBMB, I hope they are THIS type of surprise.

1. Calm down. Im about as positive as they come.

2. If you wouldve read what I wrote you wouldve notice my critique of Hughes and Dareus goes well beyond 1 game. We're talking about a sample size of dozens of games now. And the one game yesterday was simply an extension of that.

3. Dareus may be 3 years older but hes still in his prime. Hughes just turned 29. Kyle williams is 34 and still bringing it.

no worries

But on point 2... Yeah it goes back games but those are all games under the Rex D scheme. And we all know what a mess that was. So, it's hard to get too worked about lack of production when they had a buffoon of a game plan.

And Dareus... Well he's the classic... I got paid. I'm doing the minimum. I wouldn't be surprised, nor upset, if theycut him and just ate the cap. For all his talent, his attitude and work ethic has been crap.

Days -

Watch the replay on NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017091000/2017/REG1/Jets@Bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017091000#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000842391&tab=recap Clay clearly goes airborne.

Watch the replay on ESPN - commentator says Taylor overthrew Clay. http://www.espn.com/nfl/video?gameId=400951567

That ball is supposed to be at Clay's waist, not over his head.

I watched it a bunch of times. Its not very clear on a still frame and its a very quick play. The ball was a tad bit high but those type of catches are made all day every Sunday. He might have gotten an inch of the ground at best. The hit makes him look more "airborne" than he actually was.

We really shouldn't be that critical of one play. Plays like that are made across the league every week. That's what Clay is paid for. Not one QB in the league has perfect ball placement on every pass, which is why I say that people should not be so critical about one play. Receivers also don't catch every pass like that. Which again is why people are being to critical over one play.

I watched it a bunch of times. Its not very clear on a still frame and its a very quick play. The ball was a tad bit high but those type of catches are made all day every Sunday. He might have gotten an inch of the ground at best. The hit makes him look more "airborne" than he actually was.

We really shouldn't be that critical of one play. Plays like that are made across the league every week. That's what Clay is paid for. Not one QB in the league has perfect ball placement on every pass, which is why I say that people should not be so critical about one play. Receivers also don't catch every pass like that. Which again is why people are being to critical over one play.

I watched a much smaller diggs take hits in the endzone today and hanged on to the ball. The int lays at the feet of Clay and no one else.

I wrote nicely complimentary things about Tyrod's game. He had a good game. However, every play is open for review, and Tyrod missed that throw. Yes Clay could have caught it and should have caught it and gets paid to catch it, but that doesn't change the fact that the ball was not thrown where it was supposed to be thrown. I wasn't commenting on Clay, I was commenting on Taylor.

Taylor had a good a game. His passer rating was 92, which is a solid performance. If he'd thrown the ball where it should have been, or if Clay had caught it where it was thrown, his passer rating would have been 123.

If that pass had been completed the game would have been much different.

The play is worth talking about.

I wrote nicely complimentary things about Tyrod's game. He had a good game. However, every play is open for review, and Tyrod missed that throw. Yes Clay could have caught it and should have caught it and gets paid to catch it, but that doesn't change the fact that the ball was not thrown where it was supposed to be thrown. I wasn't commenting on Clay, I was commenting on Taylor.

Taylor had a good a game. His passer rating was 92, which is a solid performance. If he'd thrown the ball where it should have been, or if Clay had caught it where it was thrown, his passer rating would have been 123.

If that pass had been completed the game would have been much different.

The play is worth talking about.

The stills clearly show the ball going through Clay's hands. Was it an easy catch? No. Was it a catch that a professional tight end SHOULD make? Yes. These guys are paid big bucks to make catches. You look around the league and watch receivers catch passes where they have to contort their bodies to get their hands on the ball every week. Simply put, the ball was in Clay's catch radius and it should've been made.

It's not just about the throw being high. It's also about the defender in front of Charles Clay, ready to take his head off.

Clay missed that pass, because he was bracing for a big hit.

Tyrod Taylor had a pretty good day, but I believe that interception was his fault.

I had a feeling this "tradition" came from BBMB. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I have to say, this write up, over-rides all of the negative press BBMB gets around here. It is obvious the OP has done this for awhile, by how polished this post is. If there are any more surprises left from BBMB, I hope they are THIS type of surprise.

Some of us aren't so bad, however if you want to know what hell is wait until we lose a game.

It's not just about the throw being high. It's also about the defender in front of Charles Clay, ready to take his head off.

Tyrod Taylor had a pretty good day, but I believe that interception was his fault.

The defender was behind him so unless Clay had eyes in the back of his head, he wasn't bracing for the hit. And the ball was already through his hands before the defender hit him.

Taylor had a typical Taylor like game.

Moved the chains, made plays, and his offense scored points.... yet people LOVE to bash the guy. Real solid play from your QB.

I don't understand it.

Statistically, yes, it was a typical Tyrod day. We've seen a dozen of those games - low 200 yards, decent percentage, a couple of touchdowns, runs well, low INTs.

But I thought he LOOKED better. I think we saw a lot of the things that people have been saying he needed to do. He stayed in the pocket and generally didn't begin scrambling until it was time to go. He got rid of the ball quickly on many throws. He was accurate on his short throws. He threw over the middle.

And I'll say it again - I don't think Tyrod all of a sudden became a better QB. I think he's playing in a system that asks him to do those things and that creates open receivers to throw to. Most of the throws he had to make were easy, because his options were clear. He's a good athlete and he works hard off the field to master his position. He's taking advantage of what the coaches are giving him.

I too don't understand it. The Bills went through about 15 years with quarterbacks who simply weren't good enough. Guys with 80, 82 passer ratings, which means they simply weren't making enough plays. They finally get a guy who DOES make enough plays to win, not a Favre or Manning or Rodgers, but a guy who puts up solid performances most weeks, and some people talk about him like he's a bag of pistachio shells.

Statistically, yes, it was a typical Tyrod day. We've seen a dozen of those games - low 200 yards, decent percentage, a couple of touchdowns, runs well, low INTs.

But I thought he LOOKED better. I think we saw a lot of the things that people have been saying he needed to do. He stayed in the pocket and generally didn't begin scrambling until it was time to go. He got rid of the ball quickly on many throws. He was accurate on his short throws. He threw over the middle.

And I'll say it again - I don't think Tyrod all of a sudden became a better QB. I think he's playing in a system that asks him to do those things and that creates open receivers to throw to. Most of the throws he had to make were easy, because his options were clear. He's a good athlete and he works hard off the field to master his position. He's taking advantage of what the coaches are giving him.

I too don't understand it. The Bills went through about 15 years with quarterbacks who simply weren't good enough. Guys with 80, 82 passer ratings, which means they simply weren't making enough plays. They finally get a guy who DOES make enough plays to win, not a Favre or Manning or Rodgers, but a guy who puts up solid performances most weeks, and some people talk about him like he's a bag of pistachio shells.

All good points Shaw, plus he threw the ball away when he had to instead of trying to force things or expose himself to injury.

Edited by #standingbuffalo

That's what happens in the endzone though. The field is limited and there is no room.

It's because of Brady. We have watched him for so long and many Bills fans see him as the minimum acceptable QB.

A little history: when the Bills made OJ Simpson their RB way back when, their head coach was John Rauch. John Rauch did indeed have the "brilliant" notion to make OJ Simpson a decoy in his offense. He did not last very long as Bills head coach. So some head coaches are indeed stupid!