Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

Interesting point to check. Let's take the Jets game as an example : Mr. Taylor was 16-28, which included 2-3 drops, 2 passes tipped at the line, and 4 balls thrown away (for which McDermott gave great praise btw). So doing the math, we have 3-4 attempts in which to find Taylor's lack of "consistent accuracy with passes". That description fits with one, maybe two of those. I would point out that every quarterback whiffs on a throw or two a game - even the ones who don't "lack consistent accuracy with passes" - but why bother?

Of course you'll say the Jets game is atypical and you'll be right. Usually Taylor has a much higher completion percentage.......

Or I'll say that the Jets game was 1/30 of his starts, with the other 29 being exactly how I described them.

Love you.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets defense isn't terrible.

It sure isn't last year's D.

They are looking to lose you can't sugar coat this win that the Jests are a good team. Bills won a game they should have easily won against possibly the worst team in the NFL this season.

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

....I'd say HUGE is a bit over the top at this juncture 'Jersey......did he improve?...yes........more realistic to evaluate his improvements or lack thereof after four games with three quality opponents in a row on deck.....with new coaching, new personnel and new scheme, ONE game seems a bit premature to me.....no matter what, the haters will be a 'droolin' to contradict any improvements he may show in the next three as minimal at best...guess if he succeeds which leads to the TEAM succeeding, it doesn't mean jack....go figure.........why hope the kid fails?...OBD STILL drafts a QB in 2018 IMO period............

It sure isn't last year's D.

They are looking to lose you can't sugar coat this win that the Jests are a good team. Bills won a game they should have easily won against possibly the worst team in the NFL this season.

I don't think anyone in the entire world said the Jets are a good team. Their D isn't as good as last year but they're not terrible either.

No one should have to "sugar coat" a win, and I don't see anyone doing that. Everyone said we were going to win this game and they did.

You say the Bills "should have" won the game easily. They did. There was never a moment that was in jeopardy.

I get you have your opinions but it's starting to get into agenda territory now.

After watching teams like the ones last night, the Colts, I wonder if the Jets are a potential playoff team. Some brutal play out there.

That's pretty extreme to say they're a playoff team. But they certainly look better than the Colts and Bungles as of right now.

Edited by likei've

I don't think anyone in the entire world said the Jets are a good team. Their D isn't as good as last year but they're not terrible either.

No one should have to "sugar coat" a win, and I don't see anyone doing that. Everyone said we were going to win this game and they did.

You say the Bills "should have" won the game easily. They did. There was never a moment that was in jeopardy.

I get you have your opinions but it's starting to get into agenda territory now.

That's pretty extreme to say they're a playoff team. But they certainly look better than the Colts and Bungles as of right now.

And SF for that matter.

And SF for that matter.

Yeah, there's lots of competition for that #1 pick. Luckily there's a bunch of qbs that look like a solid option and we're packed to the gills with picks.

It'll be hard for some of these teams to turn down a solid offer. They need a lot more help than just a qb.

Case in point, the Colts.

Edited by likei've

Yeah, there's lots of competition for that #1 pick. Luckily there's a bunch of qbs that look like a solid option and we're packed to the gills with picks.

It'll be hard for some of these teams to turn down a solid offer. They need a lot more help than just a qb.

Case in point, the Colts.

Could there be more competition for the top 2 picks than the SuperBowl this year?

I didn't say anyone said they were a good team I just replied to his response trying to in my words sugar coat the win by saying the Jests D isn't terrible, I think it will be terrible this year just like there entire team.

As for EVERYONE saying we were going to win this game yes most if not all were saying that but that's because the Jests are the big talk of the NFL as the tank team this year.

When I said they should have won the game easily I think easily means it was over by halftime and it was far from over at that time.

As for agenda all I see is a agenda trying to discredit me with this garbage post.

I am a die hard fan, a long standing multiple season ticket holder fan, when's the last time you even bought one ticket to a game?

I'm sick of the agenda garbage I post my opinion and most times I post against the sugar coats. He was trying to prop this game up as anything other then a easy win in my opinion by saying the Jests was anything but terrible, just my opinion like it or not. Stop the agenda garbage, your post is why arguments start on here.

Edited by xRUSHx

I didn't say anyone said they were a good team I just replied to his response trying to in my words sugar coat the win by saying the Jests D isn't terrible, I think it will be terrible this year just like there entire team.

As for EVERYONE saying we were going to win this game yes most if not all were saying that but that's because the Jests are the big talk of the NFL as the tank team this year.

When I said they should have won the game easily I think easily means it was over by halftime and it was far from over at that time.

As for agenda all I see is a agenda trying to discredit me with this garbage post.

I am a die hard fan, a long standing multiple season ticket holder fan, when's the last time you even bought one ticket to a game?

I'm sick of the agenda garbage I post my opinion and most times I post against the sugar coats. He was trying to prop this game up as anything other then a easy win in my opinion by saying the Jests was anything but terrible, just my opinion like it or not. Stop the agenda garbage, your post is why arguments start on here.

My advice is to not bother with those canned responses. It's clearly those posters go to when they don't like what they hear.

It's the same old thing over and over. Football is here, and each week will bring us closer to getting to the answers we are all searching for.

Until then...post and discuss with only those who are mature and respectful enough to actually do so.

My advice is to not bother with those canned responses. It's clearly those posters go to when they don't like what they hear.

It's the same old thing over and over. Football is here, and each week will bring us closer to getting to the answers we are all searching for.

Until then...post and discuss with only those who are mature and respectful enough to actually do so.

Your trolling. Not welcome anywhere.

If one player bothers you that much, take the season off is my suggestion. This is beyond ridiculous. It really is.

So when we beat Carolina, put some respect on Taylor's name