The Colts looked awful today

I'd take him in trade for the two firsts without hesitation.

That's a start.

Throw in the two 2018 second round picks and a 2019 first round pick......and you would at least be in the discussion.

The next coach is just going to dump all the guys they'd have chosen with those picks anyway so it would be like getting Luck for nothing in "apologese". :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live here, read the local press, watch the Indy news stations. Luck is not going anywhere. Irsay sees him like his own son. And despite what some say here the guy is really good.

Their new GM needs to get guys around him. And Irsay needs to get Luck to renegotiate to clear cap space, then pay him under the table like Kraft and Brady.

That's a start.

Throw in the two 2018 second round picks and a 2019 first round pick......and you would at least be in the discussion.

The next coach is just going to dump all the guys they'd have chosen with those picks anyway so it would be like getting Luck for nothing in "apologese". :thumbsup:

Lol.

Also throw in 75% of the team's cap and any ability to criticize turnovers or say that he is in any way less than perfect and you've got a deal. Oh. Plus a sky box for Ollie.

That's a start.

I would still do that. Seriously, when healthy, he takes you to another level. I think if you drop a healthy Luck into our offense and defense, we honestly compete for the division. With extra 2nd and 3rd round picks, you can fill in gaps and make a real contender.

I doubt it'll happen though

I live here, read the local press, watch the Indy news stations. Luck is not going anywhere. Irsay sees him like his own son. And despite what some say here the guy is really good.

Their new GM needs to get guys around him. And Irsay needs to get Luck to renegotiate to clear cap space, then pay him under the table like Kraft and Brady.

Kraft saw Bledsoe as a son too........and gave him the largest contract in NFL history.........and a then better alternative for his team happened........and he traded him almost a year to the day to when he gave him that deal.

If one of the 2018 young QB's is a great prospect it would be tempting to start over and let that QB grow with the young talent........rather than batter Luck for a couple more years as the talent develops.

Or they could trade the pick.

Either way.......the Colts getting the #1 pick would be about as lucky as the Bills could get in their mission to get a franchise passer.

Luck strikes me as insufficient to mortgage the franchise on, but I will say he seems like a good an honest kid that would not do under the table cheating stuff like TB.

Kraft saw Bledsoe as a son too........and gave him the largest contract in NFL history.........and a then better alternative for his team happened........and he traded him almost a year to the day to when he gave him that deal.

If one of the 2018 young QB's is a great prospect it would be tempting to start over and let that QB grow with the young talent........rather than batter Luck for a couple more years as the talent develops.

Or they could trade the pick.

Either way.......the Colts getting the #1 pick would be about as lucky as the Bills could get in their mission to get a franchise passer.

Irsay is not Kraft

I would still do that. Seriously, when healthy, he takes you to another level. I think if you drop a healthy Luck into our offense and defense, we honestly compete for the division. With extra 2nd and 3rd round picks, you can fill in gaps and make a real contender.

I doubt it'll happen though

Yeah it would still be a great trade for the Bills.

There would be the usual whining about the impact of the lost picks.........but most, if not all, of those picks would end up being Whitners or Darby's......if you were LUCKY.

Everyone says Cleveland is a poster child for dysfunction, but I seriously think that the Colts are worse. If they were in any other division, would they be any better than 2nd place?

The Irsay Circus. Just like when they had Manning they have failed to sure up the OL. The only difference is they don't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, or Edgerin James.