aaron donald

nuklz2594

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this before Marcell was re-signed and was told by everyone here, "you keep your best players, no matter what." Nevermind the fact that Marcel played 63% of the snaps under Schwartz, If I was GM, he would've walked before I forked out $100M. He plays a non-premium position, one that doesn't consistently affect the outcome of a game; therefore, no team needs to invest that much capital for that particular position... Unless the player is Warren Sapp reincarnate, disruptive damn near every single snap.

Couldn't agree more!

Hmmm...reminds me of the Jason Peters debate. I would have paid Peters and I'd pay Donald.

I agree regarding Donald- renegotiate with him. Peters was trickier because the Bills had already renegotiated his contract once and he wanted to do it again a year later.

Edited by vincec

The crazy thing about the Donald situation is that if he doesn't play a down this season he will get $50M guaranteed in 6 months if he signs a deal instead of the tag he will inevitably get.

Isn't he under contract on his rookie deal through 2018? Didn't they pick up his 5th year option?

Jason Peters held out early too and turned out to be a HOF caliber player. In retrospect the Bills should have met his demands.

Donald is the best DT in football, so yeah, you gotta pay him. It's always impossible to know who is being unreasonable behind closed doors, but the Rams should be trying hard to work something out.

If the Bills had given Peters a fair contract in the first place or if they had just said, "mea culpa" and re-did his contract when he found out that they were trying to pay him like he was a backup RT, things wouldn't have gotten as ugly as they did ... and the Bills might have gotten much more production out of their entire offense over the last eight seasons. But that's the Bills' way: maximize profit by gutting the team of its best talent.

Not sure where the Rams will find the cap space to extend Donald and Sammy after this season.

Donald's 5th year option in 2018 is $6.9M

Rams cap space today listed at -$826K http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/contracts/

Y'know, it's really amazing how successful teams always manage to figure out how to re-sign/extend their best players under the same cap that always forces the Bills to let their best young talent leave.