Anybody miss Whaley yet?

CDogg20

I haven't read all of this thread. That is my disclaimer. I think that Whaley assembled a better roster than we have now. I am not sure that's even debatable. The coaching will be a little better so the results will be what they will be. In general though, Whaley has proven better at assembling an NFL roster than Beane. There is a reason that the Steelers loved him. He did a decent job. He just got stuck with Rex.

How long has Whaley and Beane had to do this?

because no one else will come here

are you crying? I think you'r freaking crying!?!

Really? He hasn't even had one draft and you are already proclaiming Whaley better at "assembling" a team than Beane?

Sorry kirby, but that is crazy talk. To give a reasonable judgement you'd have to give him at least through 2 drafts and 2 more off seasons.

At least

I like Whaley , he gave his HCs the players that fit there system. He was good at finding veteran players who fit better here.

Here in Buffalo changing HCs and schemes no way he could succeed .

I agree changing D schemes hurt Whaley, but he was a weak drafter, poor at cap management, did not find franchise QB (in fact put in little effort as he stuck with his guy EJ), traded up far too often (1,1,2,4,4,4 for Watkins & Ragland is ridiculous). Whaley was a good pro scout, especially on the D side of the ball, but was overmatched as a GM.

That's true. I am 36; that is true too. It's not relevant either but it's true.

I do? I didn't know those were the rules? FWIW, I loved the way that they manipulated the draft and the talent that they acquired early. I'm not sure, outside of Peterman, that the mid to late rounds were good. In general I think that they did poorly in FA. Hyde can play but in general the guys that were added are not good. Obviously it's early but so far they have done a bad job assembling the roster. They are in a rebuilding period and have the 3rd oldest team in football. That's stupid.

Honest question for those that are happy, what that has been done has impressed you? What gives you so much confidence?the overwhelming majority of the moves have been headscratching at best.

Incomplete.

It's not either or.

Jeez - you're better than this. Honestly.

If they forego next years draft and refrain from FA then I'll say you're onto something. Until then.....

How long has Whaley and Beane had to do this?

Rome wasn't built in a day but it was burned in a night.

Incomplete.

It's not either or.

Jeez - you're better than this. Honestly.

If they forego next years draft and refrain from FA then I'll say you're onto something. Until then.....

So what you like is that you don't know? That's what you like so far? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Rome wasn't built in a day but it was burned in a day.

So what you like is that you don't know? That's what you like so far?

Rome - cute.

I don't quite understand the rest.

All I'm saying is I will give this team more time. And no, a 5 -11 record tells me nothing. We were no better than .500 going into this year.

Brandon Beane sucks.

*Drops mic*

you must be psyched - no school tomorrow.

His drafts and cap mismanagement speak for themselves, but....

From Marrone to Rex to McDermott, I still find it baffling our GM in title couldn't have primary say in who our HC should have been.

4 years, 3 coaches...smh

EXACTLY!! And his drafts weren't that bad considering. Then, let's not forget the FAs Whaley brought in. This team was talentless until Whaley arrived

Yes, didnt want him to be fired in the first place. Beane is really scaring me. This feels like a levy/jauron roster. Whaley assembled a lot of talent. Injuries, dumb suspensions and ej manuel ruined it. We were young, had guys from big time programs in big time conferences, but couldnt get the last one or two pieces of the puzzle put together (qb,coach). I dont really trust beane as a talent evaluator as of today. Hes assembled a nice staff scouting for him though. If he dismantles the roster further and doesnt hit on the qb then im sorry but they both should be out of here pretty quickly imo

Rome - cute.

I don't quite understand the rest.

All I'm saying is I will give this team more time. And no, a 5 -11 record tells me nothing. We were no better than .500 going into this year.

you must be psyched - no school tomorrow.

Yes I am. The municipality i work for is off tomorrow and friday. Three day week then another three day weekend. Then I can watch the Bills lose to the Jesters.