Republican Tax Plan (a nothingburger with cheese)

Tiberius

9 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Quite a leap into a cesspool there junior.

Just saying, a lot like homelessness, it’s never an issue for the Left when a Dem is in power. But when the other side has power... it’s a whole different story. 

Are u just whining or actually saying ignore the debt

Whats your point

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That's funny! Averages? Ya, I get a few bucks and Trump gets a few million. What's the average "we" get? 

Of course we don't know full extent of this corruption because the President is totally Un transparent with his taxes. 

Fraud 

Voting in the Senate soon..................

Republicans are now lowering corporate tax rates to match the Europeans. I thought Democrats and the media loved European governance.

This is why no one trusts the media

8z9FImcv_bigger.pngThe Associated PressVerified account @AP 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING: House passes first rewrite of nation's tax laws in three decades, providing steep tax cuts for businesses, the wealthy.

Alternative headline: House passes tax cut for 80 percent of Americans.

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's funny! Averages? Ya, I get a few bucks and Trump gets a few million. What's the average "we" get? 

Of course we don't know full extent of this corruption because the President is totally Un transparent with his taxes. 

Fraud 

If you're only getting a "few bucks" in savings, you clearly aren't paying your fair share of taxes. You should cut the IRS a check immediately. It's the right thing to do.

As someone who is NOT "rich", but who annually pays many tens of thousands of dollars in taxes, I welcome this tax cut with open arms.

For the left wing nutjob liberals in here, we also give about $10,000 a year to various charities.  So counting our tax burden and our charitable giving, we are certainly doing our "fair share." When I see the left-wing media and ignorant masses spew out the "rich should pay their fair share" line, it makes me sick.  We both work 50-60 hours a week too.

THANK GOD for Trump and the Republicans! I shudder to think how worse off this country would be if Crooked Hillary and Slick Willie had been able to slither back into the White House.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

If you're only getting a "few bucks" in savings, you clearly aren't paying your fair share of taxes. You should cut the IRS a check immediately. It's the right thing to do.

This. I'm guessing most of the lib opposition are members of a municipal union sucking the life out of the economy with gold plated pensions and free healthcare. They want high taxes to keep the gravy train going.

The tax cuts are nice, but there are real reasons why they're unpopular.

• The majority of the cuts go to the rich, and it's been proven trickle down economics doesn't work. The rich get richer, and that extra money gives them more power to influence the political spectrum 
  • The cuts expire in 8 years 
  • The economic growth won't offset the lack of revenue, and the deficit will grow 
  • The tax cuts are a Trojan horse to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security once the Republicans eventually try to offset the lost revenue 
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

• The majority of the cuts go to the rich, and it's been proven trickle down economics doesn't work. The rich get richer, and that extra money gives them more power to influence the political spectrum 
  • The economic growth won't offset the lack of revenue, and the deficit will grow 
  • The tax cuts are a Trojan horse to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security once the Republicans eventually try to offset the lost revenue 

This message brought to you by the DNC. It will be ARMAGEDDON I tell you!

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This message brought to you by the DNC. It will be ARMAGEDDON I tell you!

You know, it's a real shame that a Congress 8-10 years from now will somehow be prevented from extending tax cuts, thus screwing the middle class and those who don't pay taxes.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Just for purposes of conversation and clarity, what is it about the tax cuts that are "nice" in light of the bullet points you've provided?

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

That's always been the debate (it's not settled and never will be as outside variables prevent a clear cause and effect).  That argument though is what the Democrats should be focused on.  That they believe this bill will not spark the economy, will only add to the deficit, and will increase the wealth gap.  Instead they're just lying by saying the majority of the middle class will see a tax hike when that is clearly not the case. Public opinion will shift (I'm assuming) when working people do see a tax cut.  

Entitlement reform is a much more difficult sell.  We'll see what the GOP can get passed with a small majority in the Senate.

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

That right there is something I would like to see included with all Congressional legislation

A sunset provision

If it's working, there will be no problem renewing it periodically

If it's a failure, such as Obamacare, it will just go away

If it's a mixed bag, they'll tweak it every few years til it either works or goes away

No more passing a bill and figuring out how to perpetually fund it

Same with Executive Orders.  They should be valid for 90 days or so.  If Congress accepts the order they will pass a bill which is also subject to a sunset

Mandate gone

Massive growth and investment potential cutting corporate tax rate 35-21%

This is huge

Along with dismantling tje EPA

business should thrive in the us again!!!

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's always been the debate (it's not settled and never will be as outside variables prevent a clear cause and effect).  That argument though is what the Democrats should be focused on.  That they believe this bill will not spark the economy, will only add to the deficit, and will increase the wealth gap.  Instead they're just lying by saying the majority of the middle class will see a tax hike when that is clearly not the case. Public opinion will shift (I'm assuming) when working people do see a tax cut.  

Entitlement reform is a much more difficult sell.  We'll see what the GOP can get passed with a small majority in the Senate.

The epa and corporate tax rate should create 5-6% growth

All must bow down to the God Emperor Trump.

462.jpg

The biggest tax cut, and yeah, morons, reform, that surpasses even Reagan(in more than a few areas...I'd like to have see the interest loophole thing done, but, that is what 2018 is for). It's like I'm in elementary school with Carter all over again: Schitty economy, Schitty President who blames us for his schitty policies not working, tons of excuses, losing everywhere/losing respect/Russians and Iranians F'ing with us....so we skip the damn Olympics in response(/facepalm)...everybody pissing and moaning that it's somebody else's fault...then...BAM! Just when you think Chaos will finally rule supreme...along comes Reagan/Trump. The warp storm is over in what seems like an instant.

Alexis de Tocqueville had it right: "The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults."

Yes, given 2006-10, we've had a lot of faults to repair. Trump has repaired more of them, faster, than any other POTUS in the history of the US, given that he had to start his presidency at -5, rather than 0, thanks to Feckless Obama(I'm not kidding, Lincoln started at -5 too, but he didn't get as much done in one year). Every cuk has tried their best to stop Trump. But, being cuks, all they've been able to do is sit and watch...because that is what cuks do.

And, before DC_Tom even tries to start: Lincoln didn't have to deal with cuks until McClellan's candidacy. They called them copperheads back then. But do some primary source reading of Union soldiers diaries: you'll see that their copperhead is synonymous with our cuk after about 5 minutes.

Edited by OCinBuffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2017 at 3:42 PM, B-Man said:

Hahahahahahaha..................this kind of thing (kinda) explains Baskin and Gator's ignorance

Economic reporter for the New York Times

Dems/media lied with impunity when they thought they could actually stop the bill from passing.

Once it becomes real, nobody will believe the Dems/media over their own paychecks.

So it's time to scramble for cover.

The wave of "gee, how did anyone get the mistaken impression this wasn't a middle class tax cut" from the liberal media will be highly entertaining.

Just like the old saying, when one is pledging, or in the Army: "Sunday comes awful quick". That's what the above is: a 36-48 hour pass, but, Sunday night formation/lineup, or in this case an early morning Wednesday Senate vote, kicks your ass back into reality...instantly.

I can't wait for February. How much you wanna bet the Ds go finding the most broke-ass, sorry-assed, McDonald's part-timer...and "prove" that s/he only got an additional $20 in their paycheck? :lol: So, that's the story they will peddle: chasing down people that have to work part-time to keep their welfare. Meanwhile, the vast majority of Americans will see a pay bump plain as day.

Christ, it's like you can already write the story for the Washington Post/New Your TImes. You can see the MSNBC reporters chasing down illegal immigrants in Brooklyn to ask them if they got a tax break.

Ipso Facto :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You are such a brain washed ideologue. My fair share? Am I part of the twenty  percent that owns 90% of the wealth?