Tour de Buffalo

chris heff

It's definitely coming back. I've been going back since I left in 1995 and honestly, since about 2011, things have completely taken off. Now it's still behind the times, but constantly re-defining itself and going to be semi-unique.

So happy to watch it.

totally agree. I moved away in 1989 and really hadn't spent much time in Buffalo since then. I drove through the city last fall on the way to a weekend in OP (unfortunately it was for the Pats* game) and was amazed how much activity there was. My buddy gave me a tour of the city, complete with a stop at Big Ditch. I'll be back this fall.

It's definitely coming back. I've been going back since I left in 1995 and honestly, since about 2011, things have completely taken off. Now it's still behind the times, but constantly re-defining itself and going to be semi-unique.

So happy to watch it.

A friend in Las Vegas recently sent me this link. Word is getting out. Hoping for all the best. A great place to grow up!

http://www.surfacemag.com/articles/architecture-buffalo-newyork-urban-renewal/?utm_source=Surface+Hotels+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3847e8d375-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_08_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_76704c77cb-3847e8d375-211886769

Buffalo is getting an incredible amount of positive press these days. I'm looking forward to getting back after about 5 years since my last visit. There is a great website called Buffalo Rising that chronicles the projects going on and articles from all over that pop up. I saw another positive article on there just today. Check it out:

https://www.buffalorising.com

Spent last week in Buffalo and, as always, loved it. The weather was great, restauraants were wonderful, Elmwood arts event soared, Premier had my wine, and above all, the city is truly coming back. There are more hotels downtown, including some outstanding new ones, than I can ever remember. And where going downtown became a gamble, now you can. It's evidence that something positive is happening. If the Bills and Sabres would only get on board, that would cinch it.

So happy to watch it.

....$1 billion+ is being poured into the city......Unions have been at full employment for three years....we are contractors in Rochester and get calls daily about bidding Buffalo work, but portability issues present problems....

Spent last week in Buffalo and, as always, loved it. The weather was great, restauraants were wonderful, Elmwood arts event soared, Premier had my wine, and above all, the city is truly coming back. There are more hotels downtown, including some outstanding new ones, than I can ever remember. And where going downtown became a gamble, now you can. It's evidence that something positive is happening. If the Bills and Sabres would only get on board, that would cinch it.

Buffalo just needs the dome to surround it to stop winter.

Really good article.

I thought so, and a lot of it surprised me, like this:

“It’s almost natural, as an architect, that Buffalo is one of the cities to visit, but I was surprised when we did some digging on its demographics and [discovered] it’s the third-largest destination for millennials to move to on the East Coast,

Buffalo just needs the dome to surround it to stop winter.

Global warming will fix that.

“It’s almost natural, as an architect, that Buffalo is one of the cities to visit, but I was surprised when we did some digging on its demographics and [discovered] it’s the third-largest destination for millennials to move to on the East Coast,

That is surprising.

My niece is 25 and she confirmed this while contemplating a move from NYC, however she ended up in Beantown.

Makes sense, snowflakes for the snow belt.

I need to show that part to my son.

Its almost natural, as an architect, that Buffalo is one of the cities to visit, but I was surprised when we did some digging on its demographics and [discovered] its the third-largest destination for millennials to move to on the East Coast,

It's cheap to live. Out here is San Francisco, a 1 bedroom starts at about $3800 a month and the median price to buy is approaching 1.5 million. They say that young people coming here now have zero chance of ever buying here.