Cookie Gilchrist on the Wall 10/29/2017

boyst

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookie Gilchrist to be added to the Wall!

Before my Time.

But he did become my Football Hero more recently as i read more bout him these last couple years.

F YES

This really is righting a wrong.

indeed it is beerme

Chandler has a point, and the things he listed are the main reasons it took so long to be put in the Wall. He and Ralph had grown closer towards the end of each persons life. But as one who saw him play, he deserves it even if he only played three years. To me he is the best overall player ever to put on a Bills uniform, maybe the best ever. A dominant RB and blocker, placekicker, and would have been a stellar LB.

i respect you Pops. Keep on keepin' on

...think it is good to see the Pegulas do not bury the past and are willing to honor those previously not for whatever reason(s)......classy...........

this as well. New Era ( and i do not mean that sarcastically )

About time

too bad it wasn't before 2011. Hope his Family is pleased and even more proud of Cookie

Respectfully disagree. No other player on the Wall only played 3 seasons, while being kicked off the team. Was he great in those 3 short seasons? Yes. So was Paup. Is he being considered?

He was a selfish player & person. Every team that signed him, quickly tired of his crap and sent him packing.

Poor choice.

I don't know the history of his removal from the team.

Based solely on him only being a Bill for 3 years, I don't think he should be on the Wall.

I don't know the history of his removal from the team.

Based solely on him only being a Bill for 3 years, I don't think he should be on the Wall.

Don't know if you're old enough to have seen him play. I am, I did, and if you had you wouldn't question him being up there.

Don't know if you're old enough to have seen him play. I am, I did, and if you had you wouldn't question him being up there.

I'm not. I know he had 3 great seasons. But it's just three. I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just think three years, regardless how great they may have been, isn't long enough to find a place on the Wall. It's just my opinion.

I'm not. I know he had 3 great seasons. But it's just three. I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just think three years, regardless how great they may have been, isn't long enough to find a place on the Wall. It's just my opinion.

I understand. I just wish you had seen him play.

Respectfully disagree. No other player on the Wall only played 3 seasons, while being kicked off the team. Was he great in those 3 short seasons? Yes. So was Paup. Is he being considered?

He was a selfish player & person. Every team that signed him, quickly tired of his crap and sent him packing.

Poor choice.

How many NFL players aren't selfish? Just watch the finger pointing - at themselves. That doesn't mean they aren't worthy of the Wall or Hall. It's about time Cookie made the wall. He lit his team and the league up in the early days. And I believe he only played for one other NFL team, which cut him because he was up there in age and no longer very productive. Paup was great while he was here but spent a lot of time on the sidelines injured.

How many NFL players aren't selfish? Just watch the finger pointing - at themselves. That doesn't mean they aren't worthy of the Wall or Hall. It's about time Cookie made the wall. He lit his team and the league up in the early days. And I believe he only played for one other NFL team, which cut him because he was up there in age and no longer very productive. Paup was great while he was here but spent a lot of time on the sidelines injured.

He played for Denver and Miami after his years with the Bills.