3rd QB Yates or someone else?

HT02

That will let them cut Yates and put Wenning on PS.

That extra spot for WR with potential.

The PS is for young QB's. Wenning was drafted in 2014 but he should qualify for it.

An NFL practice squad typically is made up of rookies and undrafted free agents who the team recently cut. Each team can carry up to four veterans — who can have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season) — on its practice squad, and a player can't be on a given practice squad for more than three seasons. Practice squad players are not eligible to play in games. Teams can sign players from other teams' practice squads as long as the players are added to the new teams' 53-man rosters (active/inactive).

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the number of injuries in this league, I think that you have to have a 3rd QB on your roster. Teams are teeing off on QBs and Tyrod is not the most durable guy around. Even if you pick up a green "developmental" player and park him on the practice squad you have to have some insurance in this league.

I don't know that I would call missing 2 games due to injury in 2 years as "not durable".

The PS is for young QB's. Wenning was drafted in 2014 but he should qualify for it.

An NFL practice squad typically is made up of rookies and undrafted free agents who the team recently cut. Each team can carry up to four veterans — who can have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season) — on its practice squad, and a player can't be on a given practice squad for more than three seasons. Practice squad players are not eligible to play in games. Teams can sign players from other teams' practice squads as long as the players are added to the new teams' 53-man rosters (active/inactive).

...pretty sure he still qualifies....Ravens activated him for a few games but well short of two (active) accrued seasons......TT & Peterman to the active 53 and this kid to PS....two 1sts in 2018 as well as six total in the first three is NOT a bad position (FINALLY)...........

I'm shocked more people haven't suggested this...yates is awful...

...why short change Thomas for his progress at TE?....guy is a beast......TT & Peterman to active 53.......Wenning kid to PS (still eligible) and Logan as your emergency if the other three are out...my opinion only.....Yates is adios..........

You look for upside, if possible. Like, what if the Lions cut Jake Rudock? Grab him over Yates, IMO.

There's really no reason for a vet journeyman at 3rd string. That's a spot for a developmental guy.

The 3rd string QB should be someone that has POTENTIAL. I think Yates has shown his best