3rd QB Yates or someone else?

HT02

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no after I seen every game Yates is out. but in my opinion Pederson should start week one, this offence moves a LOT better with him, then TT then the new guy..

The Eagles head coach has retired from the NFL. Doesn't matter anyway because Tyrod's starting if he's recovered from the concussion.

As things have played out on the QB front so far it looks as though Peterman has passed Yates as the number two do you think the Bills should stick with Yates as the number 3?

Reasons to "stay the course":

1. He's a young veteran who knows his role and can help Peterman learn the game.
  2. He's cheap
  3. He wouldn't be the worst QB in the league if pressed into service (but I'm not impressed with his track record and he hasn't instilled a great deal of confidence based on his performance as a Bill so far)

Reasons to change:

1. Good opportunity to bring in someone with a higher ceiling when the cuts come down or even a younger vet on the street (True they could be a disaster if pressed into service but if we aren't making the playoffs or winning a super bowl with Yates either)
  2. Look for a more successful back-up after Saturday

I am not a big fan of Yates so I'd make a change but thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

We need depth in other areas. No other team will sign him, so we're better off to cut him now, and use his roster spot to carry an extra WR or DB. If we need to later, we can always sign him or Wenning of the street again.

Florio neglects to include replacement cost players in his calculations. Yeah it is not a lot of money but neither is someone picking up Oz for veteran minimum which saves Cleveland money. Florio does his articles the same way Buffalo News writers do - write conclusion first and then look for facts to back conclusion ignoring any facts which do not fit.

Anybody else...Yates has looked downright terrible...doubly so since he was supposed to have a leg up becaaue he was familiar with the system and is a vet

Don't really need a 3rd QB...I mean our chances of winning a game if they have to play is almost non existent anyway, use the roster spot on a player that can contribute

Edited by matter2003

Anybody else...Yates has looked downright terrible...doubly so since he was supposed to have a leg up becaaue he was familiar with the system and is a vet

Don't really need a 3rd QB...I mean our chances of winning a game if they have to play is almost non existent anyway, use the roster spot on a player that can contribute

This is so overrated....I remember the Bills signed Guy Frazier in '85 because he knew the system. He was awful

With the number of injuries in this league, I think that you have to have a 3rd QB on your roster. Teams are teeing off on QBs and Tyrod is not the most durable guy around. Even if you pick up a green "developmental" player and park him on the practice squad you have to have some insurance in this league.

Edited by Overdue Bill