You guys remember where you were

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left work we were up in the game, I get to my friends place where he was working, and the Bills were setting up for the field goal. rest is history. I will never forget that moment. I watched the comeback game against the Oilers as well from work.

Was on active duty in the USAF at the time, stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY. I had a SB party at my house (lived off base in a decent house), in my basement, with a bunch of coworkers. Obviously, I was in shock/denial for about a week afterwards. LOL I was livid that Thurman didn't get the MVP award, because he WAS the MVP of that game.

At a friends house. Half the party were Giants fan. After the kick I immediately stopped, dropped, and rolled to avoid being hit by ejaculate. It was close.

Edited by Badthingsman

At a friends house. Half the party were Giants fan. After the kick I immediately stopped, dropped, and rolled to avoid being hit by ejaculate. It was close.

You must have rolled through a lot of ejaculate. Stop, drop, and roll is for herpes. Duck and cover in the event of ejaculate.

I was on the 40 yard line about 20 rows up on the Bills side and the guy behind me, who was my friend's cousin, had the numbers on a winner take all $10,000 pool if Norwood makes the kick. So we lost the game and he lost 10K by a foot. Ouch.

Funny you mentioned that because my dad & his friend had the numbers for a $10,000 if/when Norwood missed the FG. He was hosting the superbowl party that day & while the rest of the family/friends were crying around the TV when he missed the FG, my dad & his friend went outside hugging each other & dancing in the driveway. I looked out the window & just shook my head.

Funny you mentioned that because my dad & his friend had the numbers for a $10,000 if/when Norwood missed the FG. He was hosting the superbowl party that day & while the rest of the family/friends were crying around the TV when he missed the FG, my dad & his friend went outside hugging each other & dancing in the driveway. I looked out the window & just shook my head.

:lol: That's great.

There it is. The jinx.

There it is. The jinx.

Haha, you can't blame my dad for that. They made 3 more super bowls & numerous playoff appearances after that game. No benching Flutie in favor of ROBO in the Music City Miracle is the real curse & until we have Flute lead the charge for one of the Bills home games the Bills will continue to miss the playoffs.

Haha, you can't blame my dad for that. They made 3 more super bowls & numerous playoff appearances after that game. No benching Flutie in favor of ROBO in the Music City Miracle is the real curse & until we have Flute lead the charge for one of the Bills home games the Bills will continue to miss the playoffs.

I sincerely doubt they're going to have a smaller flag manufactured just so that selfish little prick can run out onto the field.

Dammit, I told myself I wouldn't bite. I can't help it!!!!!!!!!!!

Or what you were doing when Norwood missed the game winning field goal in the Superbowl against the Giants? I hope you guys dont mind bringing up these kind of games. I was going to ask about the comeback against the Oilers but a topic was started on that already so I thought of this one. Anyways do you remember what you were doing or where you were?

Screaming at the television as a 14 year old while my mom was telling me to "STFU, you're going to wake up your sister and your brother!!!"

I remember it vividly. I was out mowing the lawn which was odd since I never mow the lawn on Sunday. Also because it was 9:30 PM, pitch black outside and the ground was covered in snow. My wife yells out "Norwood is lining up for the game winning kick! Get your ass inside, I want a divorce". That's when it dawns on me, "oh S@#$! The super bowl is on!!". I run inside, drunker than a priest, trip over the dog, which again was odd since we didn't have a dog at the time, and smash my head on the coffee table. When I come to, they tell me Norwood missed the kick and my wife packed a bag and took off to her mothers place. I named the dog Scotty!

I remember it vividly. I was out mowing the lawn which was odd since I never mow the lawn on Sunday. Also because it was 9:30 PM, pitch black outside and the ground was covered in snow. My wife yells out "Norwood is lining up for the game winning kick! Get your ass inside, I want a divorce". That's when it dawns on me, "oh S@#$! The super bowl is on!!". I run inside, drunker than a priest, trip over the dog, which again was odd since we didn't have a dog at the time, and smash my head on the coffee table. When I come to, they tell me Norwood missed the kick and my wife packed a bag and took off to her mothers place. I named the dog Scotty!

smileyslaughing_lol_crying_100-101.gif?w