Peterman and this season

Do I think Peterman will be better than Tyrod if we start him right away? I don't know? Do I think Peterman should start right away? I don't know. What I have seen in the three games is that he is more desicive. He is willing to throw into a small window and and when receivers aren't looking. He seems to trust the timing. All of these things we have wanted Tyrod to do. I am torn because I want to win this season. I think our defense is going to keep us in all of our games. I think our running game will be good again. I just am not sure what our O needs.

What do you all think?

Do I think Peterman will be better than Tyrod if we start him right away? I don't know? Do I think Peterman should start right away? I don't know. What I have seen in the three games is that he is more desicive. He is willing to throw into a small window and and when receivers aren't looking. He seems to trust the timing. All of these things we have wanted Tyrod to do. I am torn because I want to win this season. I think our defense is going to keep us in all of our games. I think our running game will be good again. I just am not sure what our O needs.

What do you all think?

I think he will at least be as good as TT but it is just too soon to put him out there and possibly destroy his confidence. Let him learn on the sidelines and I predict he will be ready by midseason.

What do you all think?

I think there is no reason for another silly QB thread when your post could have been inserted in the many threads already open. LAMP!

Pro: Peterman makes throws Taylor can't make.

Con: Peterman locks onto one receiver when he throws. You can pull that off in preseason, not against first string nfl defenses.

So as limited as Taylor is, he at least has enough experience not to telegraph where he's throwing the ball. Not saying Peterman can't learn this. Just that throwing him out there, especially with the way the O-line is playing now, is a waste of talent.

Pro: Peterman makes throws Taylor can't make.

Con: Peterman locks onto one receiver when he throws. You can pull that off in preseason, not against first string nfl defenses.

So as limited as Taylor is, he at least has enough experience not to telegraph where he's throwing the ball. Not saying Peterman can't learn this. Just that throwing him out there, especially with the way the O-line is playing now, is a waste of talent.

Whoa, How do you figure he locks onto 1 WR? That is TT not Peterman. I have watched him go through his progressions. He might keep his head to one side, but if you get an endzone or side view, is eyes are moving.

My way of thinking is that we have seen TT and I think this is his ceiling.

Peterman might be the guy we have been waiting for,or he might not but he appears to have a higher potential for growth in this system.

Start the kid and lets see what we have,if he pans out those 6 early picks can get us some real depth and maybe new starters at positions of need.

If he doesn't work out then its back to plan A drafting the BQBA and hoping he pans out.

To me its a win- win situation.

I think the fans would understand...I know I would and as season ticket holder I would be more excited to see #2 under center.

Whoa, How do you figure he locks onto 1 WR? That is TT not Peterman. I have watched him go through his progressions. He might keep his head to one side, but if you get an endzone or side view, is eyes are moving.

Because I was at the game sitting low enough to watch him. And he knows who he is throwing to at the snap. He never looks at any other receivers. Now that's not a knock. He still makes great throws. But he has to learn not to do that.

Actually if you watch the preseason at all, you'll notice Tyrod attempting to throw with anticipation. You would see he is working on new concepts. Peterman looks to be descent but Tyrod has 2 full years as starting QB already.

I think he will at least be as good as TT but it is just too soon to put him out there and possibly destroy his confidence. Let him learn on the sidelines and I predict he will be ready by midseason.

One of the biggest fallacies going.

Because I was at the game sitting low enough to watch him. And he knows who he is throwing to at the snap. He never looks at any other receivers. Now that's not a knock. He still makes great throws. But he has to learn not to do that.

Man you're good to be able to see somebody's eyeballs 100 feet or more away.

I disagree...Peterman's got confidence for days...he has been through adversity before and has never appeared to get rattled...he has great intangibles in that regard and has been playing in a pro offense for years...

Edited by JaCrispy

One of the biggest fallacies going.

Man you're good to be able to see somebody's eyeballs 100 feet or more away.

Maybe not his eyeballs but you can sure see the direction his face mask is pointing. The same direction he eventually throws. His head never looks toward another receiver. Edited by PromoTheRobot

We were running a lot of 3 step drops so the ball is supposed to come out quick and not make a lot of reads or else the qb will get crushed if he is waiting. Its amazing, for people on either qb, to tell how many reads these qbs are making

I haven't seen the game but were the guys open he was throwing to? I ask because if his presnap read was correct and the guy who he looked at first was open....no need to go through other progressions. Not saying Peterman is Brady, but Brady is very good at this...finds the right man immediately.

Not really, Brady has been doing exactly that for years.

Maybe not his eyeballs but you can sure see the direction his face mask is pointing. The same direction he eventually throws. His head never looks toward another receiver.

I've seen it to. I watched the game again. He locks onto his first read and that's where he goes with the ball. It's the reason a lot of his balls were batted down as well. When he was throwing to the right, he locked on and the defensive lineman knew he was going that way.

All this talk of him going through his progressions is hilarious, because I have yet to see him do it. The only time he came off his first receiver/read was when he almost threw an interception.

I haven't seen the game but were the guys open he was throwing to? I ask because if his presnap read was correct and the guy who he looked at first was open....no need to go through other progressions. Not saying Peterman is Brady, but Brady is very good at this...finds the right man immediately.

Most of the time the receivers were covered but he still threaded the needle. That's the good news. The bad news is you knew who he was throwing to at the snap.