Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

I got it....

maybe ..... sinking into the depth of despair.

I say I like what Nate has done and some Champions get all but hurt over it.

You've racked up about 1,000 posts on the same topic in 2 weeks. You want to call anyone else a "champion?!?"

There was once a poster here who liked a backup QB as much as you like this one. He actually stopped caring about anything else. When said QB failed he dosapppeared. I never thought that I'd see that level of love again but a few of you are displaying it. We are at a point where it's fairy clear that Tyrod will pass the tests and here you are holding out hope that it doesn't happen. It's just odd at this point.

The vets on this board are just over the garbage content that is dominating the boards. The quality of TBD has fallen of a cliff this offseason. Good posters have gone away and hyperbole has overthrown reason. The downward spiral will continue if there are 7 topics on the first page on the same damn subject. We used to have intelligent conversations on a plethora of topics. Now it's a million QB hot takes and nothing else. I've been close to mailing it in a few times but I hold out hope that the quality will return. Every time I open the board and see the 44 pages on nothing I just roll my eyes. Even when new content appears the same people just derail the conversation with their one QB take. They post it everywhere. TBD has fallen because of those crusaders and the hot take society.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've racked up about 1,000 posts on the same topic in 2 weeks. You want to call anyone else a "champion?!?"

There was once a poster here who liked a backup QB as much as you like this one. He actually stopped caring about anything else. When said QB failed he dosapppeared. I never thought that I'd see that level of love again but a few of you are displaying it. We are at a point where it's fairy clear that Tyrod will pass the tests and here you are holding out hope that it doesn't happen. It's just odd at this point.

??

Lets not pretend Kirby that I am the only one who liked what Nate has accomplished thus far.

And seriously .... there are literally a dozen posters who have claimed Nate is better than TT and should be the unquestionable starter.

Please find a post where I said either of of the following

TT sucks

TT should be be cut or traded (this doesn't include any posts referencing teams who had an interest in Taylor)

What I have said.

I like what Nate has done in the PS.

I like that Nate throws with anticipation

TT hasn't looked good in the PS games.

I'll go on record with 2 more

I like that Nate does step up into the pocket

I like that Nate had a quick release.

Enough with the BBMBers suck comments.

There are just as many homers here those that came over.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

??

Lets not pretend Kirby

First of all I am the only one who liked what Nate has accomplished thus far.

And seriously .... there are literally a dozen posters who have claimed Nate is better than TT and should be the unquestionable starter.

Please find a post where I said either of of the following

TT sucks

TT should be be cut or traded (this doesn't include any posts referencing teams who had an interest in Taylor)

What I have said.

I like what Nate has done in the PS.

I like that Nate throws with anticipation

TT hasn't looked good in the PS games.

I'll go on record with 2 more

I like that Nate does step up into the pocket

I like that Nate had a quick release.

You've said that all 1,000 times. We know what you've said. It's just the hot take society. We are judging a 5th round rookie on a solid preseason vs. a guy with 29 starts and a winning record. The guy has led back-to-back top 1 scoring offenses and has 3 times as many TDs as turnovers. He has flaws for sure but the fact that completing half of your preseason passes was "all that you need to see" makes me question the football intellect of those. Either that or they are so beaten down that anything is better. Peterman looked good in the last preseason game and has a chance to develop. He is light years from leading a top 10 scoring offense. That's just what it is.

You and others don't need to carry on this crusade any longer. It's been decided. I can speak for most people here but we don't want to have this conversation after every incompletion all year. Let's leave the topic alone and raise the level of conversation on the Bills.

What is wrong with saying Nate looked good even for a 5th round pick? Nothing s/b wrong with it.

Again WRT best chance to win - When have I said Nate gives us the best chance to win? I don't believe I did.

TT is what he is and I doubt he will improve. He's a .500 QB who can't win by passing the ball.

I'm sorry my opinion upsets you.

Have a nice day Kirby.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I see the TT defense is still strong. all I can say is he better come out of the gate and put the offense on his shoulders and throw passes all over the field and win game one. he doesn't do that, what will the excuses be?

how can one determine this is a top 10 offense when they've yet to play a single game?

What is wrong with saying Nate looked good even for a 5th round pick? Nothing s/b wrong with it.

Again WRT best chance to win - When have I said Nate gives us the best chance to win? I don't believe I did.

TT is what he is and I doubt he will improve. He's a .500 QB who can't win by passing the ball.

I'm sorry my opinion upsets you.

Have a nice day Kirby.

It doesn't upset me and it isn't necessarily true. He passed in every game that he won.

It upsets me that you and others have hijacked the board to push through your agenda and hot takes. It's not intelligent fact based conversation anymore. It's all "I like what I see." What is it you like? "What I see." Let's talk what's happening, what is working and what is not. Let's talk about why that is. That's what used to happen here. It was intelligent, respectful football debate. Now it is QB hot takes and a bunch of people arguing them. We have lost our ways. The same thing doesn't need to be said 1,000 times in 100 different places. That's not how we do things here. Make your point, support it with facts, defend it when challenged (with facts) and move on.

I see the TT defense is still strong. all I can say is he better come out of the gate and put the offense on his shoulders and throw passes all over the field and win game one. he doesn't do that, what will the excuses be?

how can one determine this is a top 10 offense when they've yet to play a single game?

I'm not even defending TT. Is that how you interpreted this conversation? I said that he led back-to-back top 10 scoring and top 10 DVOA offenses. That's not an opinion. Those are facts. He looked lost in this offense in the preseason but it was a few drives. Just like I told someone not to overreact at halftime of the UCLA game it is the same thing here. No more hot takes. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm not even defending TT. Is that how you interpreted this conversation? I said that he led back-to-back top 10 scoring and top 10 DVOA offenses. That's not an opinion. Those are facts. He looked lost in this offense in the preseason but it was a few drives. Just like I told someone not to overreact at halftime of the UCLA game it is the same thing here. No more hot takes.

using the last two seasons with different OC's is not a fair assessment of what he will be working with going forward. it could be top 5, 10 or could drop? it all depends on how taylor adjusts to rico and his scheme. yes, he has worked with him in the past and that could be an advantage but taylor still needs to make the passes. it was the run game that mainly contributed to those top 10 offenses.

if he looked lost in a vanilla offense there should be reason to question as to whether he can manage the plays that will obviously be much different than what we saw in preseason.

I want to see him succeed but if he shows any signs of struggling in game one, why should anyone be confident that he improves going forward?

the pressure is on him to succeed, his leash should be very short?

I believe that that lack of confidence from some is why they would like to see the rookie get his opportunity. if they both fail then they know that it will be evident they draft the QB of the future in 2018?

5 days

You've said that all 1,000 times. We know what you've said. It's just the hot take society. We are judging a 5th round rookie on a solid preseason vs. a guy with 29 starts and a winning record. The guy has led back-to-back top 1 scoring offenses and has 3 times as many TDs as turnovers. He has flaws for sure but the fact that completing half of your preseason passes was "all that you need to see" makes me question the football intellect of those. Either that or they are so beaten down that anything is better. Peterman looked good in the last preseason game and has a chance to develop. He is light years from leading a top 10 scoring offense. That's just what it is.

You and others don't need to carry on this crusade any longer. It's been decided. I can speak for most people here but we don't want to have this conversation after every incompletion all year. Let's leave the topic alone and raise the level of conversation on the Bills.

Or what, are you going to take your ball and go home? I don't deny you the right to express your opinion (and that's all it is, an opinion) and expect the same courtesy in return. A lot of what you write makes sense and I agree with but not sure where the notion that anyone voicing a different opinion is a hot taker or somehow otherwise a cancer to TBD comes from. There are precious few idiots posting here and many that only do infrequently are some of the more enlightened (myself not included) The mods do a good job of keeping the sails filled and the bow pointed on course. Maybe we should leave that job up to them.

using the last two seasons with different OC's is not a fair assessment of what he will be working with going forward. it could be top 5, 10 or could drop? it all depends on how taylor adjusts to rico and his scheme. yes, he has worked with him in the past and that could be an advantage but taylor still needs to make the passes. it was the run game that mainly contributed to those top 10 offenses.

if he looked lost in a vanilla offense there should be reason to question as to whether he can manage the plays that will obviously be much different than what we saw in preseason.

I want to see him succeed but if he shows any signs of struggling in game one, why should anyone be confident that he improves going forward?

I believe that that lack of confidence from some is why they would like to see the rookie get his opportunity. if they both fail then they know that it will be evident they draft the QB of the future in 2018?

5 days

Both QBs deserve better than a bottom five WR corp, which is what we have.

5 days

Again, I don't predict this offense to be very good at all. The scheme doesn't match the players IMO. The Bills are going to face loaded boxes and need 16 play drives to score. That's not a winning formula to me. It's like a baseball team that needs 3 hits to generate a run. It's just not likely; the numbers support that.

At the same time they are going to play the guy that gives them the best chance to win. That's still Tyrod. His resume is that of an average QB. Until they have mailed it in, he will be the guy.

Or what, are you going to take your ball and go home? I don't deny you the right to express your opinion (and that's all it is, an opinion) and expect the same courtesy in return. A lot of what you write makes sense and I agree with but not sure where the notion that anyone voicing a different opinion is a hot taker or somehow otherwise a cancer to TBD comes from. There are precious few idiots posting here and many that only do infrequently are some of the more enlightened (myself not included) The mods do a good job of keeping the sails filled and the bow pointed on course. Maybe we should leave that job up to them.

Yep, I will take my ball and go home.

There aren't a bunch of hot takers. The hot takers just post A LOT and say the same things over and over. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that the quality of TBD has regressed. I think that the overwhelming majority of people here would agree with that.

well since neither are tom brady who can make a scrub off the street look elite, I tend to agree. but I would not necessarily use that as an excuse. a good QB can and has succeeded with sup par talent so if they fail to have any success it would be more on the shoulders of the QB.

zay jones may be no sammy but in time he could make fans forget all about watkins and be a vital asset to the QB and team? I think those who feel losing sammy was the worst case scenario may end up being surprised. also, watkins couldn't stay healthy and beane was not willing to give up a big contract to an injury prone wr?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

well since neither are tom brady who can make a scrub off the street look elite, I tend to agree. but I would not necessarily use that as an excuse. a good QB can and has succeeded with sup par talent so if they fail to have any success it would be more on the shoulders of the QB.

zay jones may be no sammy but in time he could make fans forget all about watkins and be a vital asset to the QB and team? I think those who feel losing sammy was the worst case scenario may end up being surprised. also, watkins couldn't stay healthy and beane was not willing to give up a big contract to an injury prone wr?

Jones is the mystery at this point. He could turn out to be really good, I hope.

There aren't a bunch of hot takers. The hot takers just post A LOT and say the same things over and over. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that the quality of TBD has regressed. I think that the overwhelming majority of people here would agree with that.

Agreed, shouting everyone else down is a poor substitute for substance. Fortunately those that employ the tactic usually fade away. I would only add that in this instance of who will be under center for the Bills there is no other topic of greater concern or interest and it's getting the ink it deserves from all the people here.

#1 excuse for Tyrod this year

#2 the line stinks

#3 scheme not Taylor made

= Trent Edwards type excuse season blaming everyone but the starting QB responsible. SMH, history repeating itself.