Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod slammed the back of his head into the turf a few nights ago and is currently in concussion protocol.

Will be interesting to see how he recovers and how long it takes.

Would love to see Peterman start the first few games...would add a level of interest to what is sure to be an uninteresting season.

Already answered - the belief is that they were Trolling

Or seriously messed up in the head

KD in CA, 4merper4mer

I'll go with the former... Well, unless Yates has a book out about the "Truth that aliens don't exist"

Could be they want to tank and Yates is the best QB to tank with.

Really weird to hear this from you 0:)

I don't give a crap who plays QB if this team can put it together and win.

If it's Taylor, wonderful.

If that's Peterman, awesome.

One of the big issues here is just going to be with what all the team vets think. Even if Taylor sits out week #1 (which is possible) and Peterman goes out and plays well and the team gets a W (we're playing the Jets, so also very possible... maybe even likely), what is McDermott going to do for week 2 or when Taylor is healthy?

McDermott actually painted himself into a bit of a corner when he flatly stated on Sunday "Taylor's the starter." Now if he's not given the job back when he's healthy, there might be a bit of an issue with the players.

So Crusher, here's where you and I agree... for the team's sake I think you let Taylor play until he loses the job. If Taylor starts week 1 and by the 3rd or 4th game he's playing horribly, pull him and put the rookie in. That way you don't lose the team and if Peterman's as good as so many here think he is, maybe he can string together a bunch of Ws.

What a tumultuous offseason this has been...

I understand your logic. But don't you think the veteran players have watched Tyrod play, and realize he is lousy? I think they all want to win. So what makes you think they want Tyrod to be playing given how he played last year and this preseason? The guy looks absolutely lost on the field. So what if Peterman is a rookie. He is not afraid to let it rip. Tyrod hesitates on any throw that is between the numbers. We have gone nowhere with Tyrod. Time to part ways.

I understand your logic. But don't you think the veteran players have watched Tyrod play, and realize he is lousy? I think they all want to win. So what makes you think they want Tyrod to be playing given how he played last year and this preseason? The guy looks absolutely lost on the field. So what if Peterman is a rookie. He is not afraid to let it rip. Tyrod hesitates on any throw that is between the numbers. We have gone nowhere with Tyrod. Time to part ways.

No

Only in Buffalo. This one reminds me of the calls for Jeff Tuel.

Here are my thoughts:

Nathan Peterman is a rookie. One that was taken on the 3rd day of the draft. And from what I've seen in Preseason, I haven't been impressed in the slightest. Has he looked better than Tyrod Taylor (against mostly 2nd-3rd stringers)? Yeah, probably. But defenses will be much different when the real bullets start flying. Once the actual games start, I'm very confident that Taylor would be a significantly better option under center. Throwing a rookie to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready is a good recipe to destroy any chance he's got for developing in the future.

I don't believe in purposely tanking. I think the Bills should still try to win this season. I think they should play Taylor, and make sure the offense fits his strengths as a quarterback.

Here are my thoughts:

Nathan Peterman is a rookie. One that was taken on the 3rd day of the draft. And from what I've seen in Preseason, I haven't been impressed in the slightest. Has he looked better than Tyrod Taylor (against mostly 2nd-3rd stringers)? Yeah, probably. But defenses will be much different when the real bullets start flying. Once the actual games start, I'm very confident that Taylor would be a significantly better option under center. Throwing a rookie to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready is a good recipe to destroy any chance he's got for developing in the future.

I don't believe in purposely tanking. I think the Bills should still try to win this season. I think they should play Taylor, and make sure the offense fits his strengths as a quarterback.

For one trying to win this season is a huge hill to climb and doubtful of anything better then 6 or 7 wins in many fans minds, Im thinking 4 wins. Considering players lost, schedule and a new system being learned its gearing for a high draft pick season.

For two to make this offense Tyrod made it would have to be more Lynn like and if this new staff was brought in to run the offense more Lynn like why didn't they just keep him here to run his system Taylor made?

Truth is this new system is what this new staff wants to run and Peterman looks to run it better then Tyrod. Tyrod is not doing a good job of it, he had one highlight week throwing to Watkins other then that he hasnt looked good at all. Add in his injury now and he is now going to be a few weeks behind.

Tyrod had the offense setup for him the last two seasons but failed to make a playoff season and looks to be out next season. I just can't agree with this new staff staying on the same failed course of the last staff just to start over again on offense next season trying to teach this new system to a new QB and the rest of the offense while Tyrod gets replaced.

The future is now Tyrod either adapts to this system or he doesn't, my opinion he will fail at it and if they stay with pushing him to do it his value will be even less after the hard fail. In my opinion sell while he is still worth something, waiting till after his fail of a few games and he will be worth nothing.

In my opinion start the future now so trade Tyrod when he gets healthy and go all in on starting Peterman to start the season, next season draft a QB to battle Peterman for the franchise position. A plan over the try to win 7 wins and no better then we are right now riding the Tyrod wagon always coming up short.

I see all of a sudden Tyrods votes went up, I wonder if a few Tyrod guys have multiple accounts or have added a few new ones.

Edited by xRUSHx

What if Peterman becomes our starter...Throws for 4,000 yards, 27 TDs, 15 INT but we go 3-13 on the season. Do we draft a QB early in next year's draft?

Yes, of course we do. That is assuming we'll be bad enough to draft really high in a great QB class.

You think the veteran players think Taylor is lousy?

What makes you think they think that?

Because you think he is?

I don't think there's really ever been an indication of that thought, actually, so this is a stretch... more than a stretch, actually.

If Tyrod plays lousy against the jets next week, people will be calling for his head and begging for Peterman to start.

Theirs this argument that Petermans completion percentage in the pre season is only 50%. What is tyrods? I don't care a bit what a qbs completion percentage is, I care if he can make critical throws and get the ball out quickly to his recievers.

I'm willing to bet we will see Peterman start at some point this year, whether due to injury or Taylor playing very badly

If Tyrod plays lousy against the jets next week, people will be calling for his head and begging for Peterman to start.

Theirs this argument that Petermans completion percentage in the pre season is only 50%. What is tyrods? I don't care a bit what a qbs completion percentage is, I care if he can make critical throws and get the ball out quickly to his recievers.

I'm willing to bet we will see Peterman start at some point this year, whether due to injury or Taylor playing very badly

It's very likely that we will see Peterman; that doesn't mean that it will be the correct decision if and when it happens (in other words: the later the better for the kid).

Yes, of course we do. That is assuming we'll be bad enough to draft really high in a great QB class.

You think the veteran players think Taylor is lousy?

What makes you think they think that?

Because you think he is?

I don't think there's really ever been an indication of that thought, actually, so this is a stretch... more than a stretch, actually.

But you also thought that it was a stretch that McBeane didn't believe in TT as the guy soooo.

What if Peterman becomes our starter...Throws for 4,000 yards, 27 TDs, 15 INT but we go 3-13 on the season. Do we draft a QB early in next year's draft?

it depends. does he get a lot of garbage time stats? does he look lost? or does he drive his team down the field late in games? does he have command of the offense? does he spray the ball all around the field with timing, touch, and accuracy? if he is the man, he will show you enough to know what to do.

Oh stop, c'mon, they know he's not good.

Woods and Watkins comments speak volumes along with Whaleys last year and Beanes this year. It's not just coincidental they all said what they said.

What have Woods and Watkins said that says Tyrod is lousy?

And on top of that, should we really take what Watkins says as anything other than those comments of a jilted lover, spiteful over rejection?

Really curious if you have these quotes calling Taylor lousy in your back pocket or not, 'cause I haven't seen 'em 0:)

Here are my thoughts:

Yep.

For one trying to win this season is a huge hill to climb and doubtful of anything better then 6 or 7 wins in many fans minds, Im thinking 4 wins. Considering players lost, schedule and a new system being learned its gearing for a high draft pick season.

For two to make this offense Tyrod made it would have to be more Lynn like and if this new staff was brought in to run the offense more Lynn like why didn't they just keep him here to run his system Taylor made?

Truth is this new system is what this new staff wants to run and Peterman looks to run it better then Tyrod. Tyrod is not doing a good job of it, he had one highlight week throwing to Watkins other then that he hasnt looked good at all. Add in his injury now and he is now going to be a few weeks behind.

Tyrod had the offense setup for him the last two seasons but failed to make a playoff season and looks to be out next season. I just can't agree with this new staff staying on the same failed course of the last staff just to start over again on offense next season trying to teach this new system to a new QB and the rest of the offense while Tyrod gets replaced.

The future is now Tyrod either adapts to this system or he doesn't, my opinion he will fail at it and if they stay with pushing him to do it his value will be even less after the hard fail. In my opinion sell while he is still worth something, waiting till after his fail of a few games and he will be worth nothing.

In my opinion start the future now so trade Tyrod when he gets healthy and go all in on starting Peterman to start the season, next season draft a QB to battle Peterman for the franchise position. A plan over the try to win 7 wins and no better then we are right now riding the Tyrod wagon always coming up short.

I see all of a sudden Tyrods votes went up, I wonder if a few Tyrod guys have multiple accounts or have added a few new ones.

I gotta say, I think it's really sad that you're on here posting so freakin much now. Not because I don't think you have a right to post. But because, for you, Tyrod looking bad or any imminence of him potentially being benched is like red meat thrown into your kennel.

Your post count per day increased exponentially once you saw, in particular, the Eagles game. I think if Peterman becomes the starter and plays really well, you won't know what to do with yourself because all you seem capable of is endlessly negative criticism of particular players and posters who you label as "homers" of that player.

I bet if Peterman ends up the starter and retains the job because he vastly exceeds expectations, you'll be one of those posters who just gloats and rubs it in the faces everyone you think got it wrong rather than celebrating the play of the guy you exalted so much.

There are Eeyores of the world and you seem to be one of them.

Just ridiculous.

As to your post, I think a lot of people are looking at a Defense that's likely to take 2 or 3 steps forward with an offense that takes a step back. Still a step forward. Personally, I think our D is going to pretty dramatically improve from last year and that this team might be lined up (unfortunately) for another middling season. It looks like 8-8 to me.

The optimistic homer in me is thinking 10 wins are possible, though, with an offense that plays much better than it has appeared in the preseason. With Matthews coming in hopefully healthy and Dennison likely implementing an offense we've only seen a fraction of, so far, I think it's possible, but not likely.

Whoever is under center, it seems pretty clear that Dennison is running the offense differently through the QBs in the preseason. As Hokie said earlier in the thread, I'd say it's likely to test them and make them uncomfortable in order to try to get them used to the aspects of his offense they'll be most uncomfortable in.

Taylor's used to taking snaps in the shotgun, yet only 35% (20/57) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

and before you say that's because Dennison's offense operates mostly under center...

Peterman was the most "pro-ready" QB in the draft and is comfortable taking snaps under center, yet 53% (60/113) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

If Taylor's healthy and starts in a week and a half, I doubt what we've seen in preseason really resembles what we see in week 1. And I'm sure Dennison will be capable of maximizing Taylor's skillsets.