New Digital Media Outlets for Buffalo Sports

Greg Gabriel seems to have a pretty good handle on the situation re: TT and suggests that given time to develop, Peterman could grow into a starting NFL QB. Although I am no expert on QB's by any means, he seems to agree that Peterman should be given a chance to show what he has. I am not saying he should start the season at QB, nor am I saying he should be put in after the Bills bye week either. But if TT isn't traded, once it becomes clear that the playoffs are out of reach (which should be quite early I would think) the Bills should give Peterman a chance to see what he can do.

If Buffalo Star expands to a full coverage newspaper, I think Buffalo News is vulnerable enough now to be driven out of business if there's a solid alternative

Well don't forget there's a lot more to the Buffalo News than just sports. But I always felt that both WGR and the BN need competition.

So Matthew Coller is going to be writing? I assume he's doing it from Minneapolis.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well don't forget there's a lot more to the Buffalo News than just sports. But I always felt that both WGR and the BN need competition.

WGR needs to just fire anyone that has been there longer than a few years. they are so jaded and pessimistic that i can't even listen sometimes. the young guys at 7pm are more interesting. i have no idea how Schopp and Jeremy White have jobs and Bulldog and Howard Simon never have anything exciting to add. all they do is complain and they don't even talk football. Schopp admits that he doesn't even know much about the sport when people ask him questions. it's so bizarre. it actually makes me miss the days of the Coach and the tiny tot of the killowatt Arty baby boo boo himself. they can do better. a lot of the younger generation is doing good stuff on social media and if they had more resources would destroy anything that WGR puts out

They have put together a fine stable of talent (as has Cover1 as PTR mentioned) for this site. Some of my favorite follows on Twitter for local stuff, as well as respected long timers like Kevin O

I think there is just too much content out there. It is overwhelming, and I do not see what this will cover that isnt covered in the local media, national media, and various message boards and social media and such.

As far as WGR... I agree it needs changes... but I think the hosts are not the problem (although I think the Bulldog should go). The management/program directors are the true problem. The content on the shows is so bland and unimaginative, it is mind-numbing. Let's do multiple months worth of shows where we talk about tyrod taylor's future... Bulldog, you take the popular position, Schopp, you take the unpopular position and defend it. Take the same bank of 25 callers as you did yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, etc.... I would be mad by now if I were a host.

People wont accept it, but for a local guy, Schopp is actually very talented for the radio. Has a good voice for it, and can keep a show moving, even solo. It is very hard to do, and the masters.... like Jim Rome or Colin Cowherd (whether you like them or not) really stand out. He has mind numbing boring topics... nonstop Bills and Sabres, who have been dull teams for an eternity. Listen to Schopp talk something else, baseball, or trying to think outside the box and he is very good. "The Hobby" was very well done.

Bulldog just yells and plays aloof fan too much and too loudly. The act is old as is that high pitched voice he uses to show he is 'frustrated'

Jeremy White is very good, especially for a younger guy. I think he gives a fresh, from out of town approach. Sometimes he gets on a hill and wont budge from it at all, even if he is wrong, but it is all good.

For some reason, they make Howard Simon play the part of goofy know-nothing 'old guy'. No idea why. Sometimes he screws up and shows he is smarter but has to retreat back to character.

The same format, carbon copy shows for more than a decade. Start other features, cover other sports. I dont know.

If Buffalo Star expands to a full coverage newspaper, I think Buffalo News is vulnerable enough now to be driven out of business if there's a solid alternative

In this era when newspapers all over the country are struggling or going under, you really believe this crew is going to start a competing newspaper in Buffalo?

I like these guys: http://www.cover1.net/

Kevin Massare does a weekly podcast that you can watch on demand, or participate live with questions via comments. Reminiscent of Sal Capaccio's "mom's basement" days.

Are they tied to Cover 1 and Kevin Massare? Because if so, I will pay the cash money I am unwilling to give the BN

They have put together a fine stable of talent (as has Cover1 as PTR mentioned) for this site. Some of my favorite follows on Twitter for local stuff, as well as respected long timers like Kevin O

Thanks a bunch!

Are they tied to Cover 1 and Kevin Massare? Because if so, I will pay the cash money I am unwilling to give the BN

Thanks for the kind words!!! I am glad you enjoy our work.

I like these guys: http://www.cover1.net/

Kevin Massare does a weekly podcast that you can watch on demand, or participate live with questions via comments. Reminiscent of Sal Capaccio's "mom's basement" days.

Our podcast/videocast is called Locked On Bills you can find it on youtube and iTunes!