Flashback - Broncos @ Bills September 1994 MNF

Monday Night Football in Buffalo!! Al, Frank and Dan!!

Just finished watching this game last night. Love to watch a whole SB-era game!! Kelly to Reed. Man, that's what we need now!! The yards after the catch and the toughness of Reed catching the ball, then getting hit immediately, yet holding on to the ball!! Awesome!!! Thurman being Thurman! Bruce being Bruce!! Ahhhhh....good times!! Yes, I know some will complain about living in the past, but it was a sweet time for the Bills!! I truly hope were on the cusp of another playoff-caliber team. Anyways, enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWXfnkqq-U

Edited by Houston's #1 Bills Fan

Not to split hairs But that was 94 I believe

you might be right. i'm pretty sure the bills played denver in a night game in 97...which i assume was a monday nighter. if i remember there was a massive snow storm in denver, and guys had to be dug out, barley making it to buffalo. todd collins was the qb, and the game was a low scoring stinker.

Yep, just looked it up. Beat Denver 27-20 Monday, September 26th 1994. That put our record at 3-1 but we would finish 7-9 that season and our four year AFC championship run would come to an end. The following year we would bounce back (one of my favorite Bills teams) and surprised by winning the division and beating Miami 37-22 In the wild card round in Buffalo (Still recall Musberger opening the telecast saying something like "Welcome to the winter slaughter house; where Buffalo has never lost a playoff game in Rich Stadium) before succumbing to the Steelers 40-21 in the divisional round.

I'm a Bills nerd. In the off season I like to read old box scores and newspaper articles on all of our teams, good and bad.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

you might be right. i'm pretty sure the bills played denver in a night game in 97...which i assume was a monday nighter. if i remember there was a massive snow storm in denver, and guys had to be dug out, barley making it to buffalo. todd collins was the qb, and the game was a low scoring stinker.

It was a Sunday game if I recall, and a concern if the Broncos could get in on time. It was crappy and wet here, and the Broncos and TD pulled out a close one, but not all that low scoring. The helmets in the video are the giveaway that was the anniversary season and teams were wearing throwbacks ( broncos unis and Bills helmets were awful) and the patches on the jerseys.

It was a Sunday game if I recall, and a concern if the Broncos could get in on time. It was crappy and wet here, and the Broncos and TD pulled out a close one, but not all that low scoring. The helmets in the video are the giveaway that was the anniversary season and teams were wearing throwbacks ( broncos unis and Bills helmets were awful) and the patches on the jerseys.

That was the game where Christie nailed that ridiculous 55 yarder into the wind at the end of regulation.

Was there with my Dad - the last game we went to together.

I think I was there too, as want to say they celebrated OJ or something? Also looking back Wade Phillips as HC in Denver looks strange and BIG Ted Washington was part of the Denver D too. Yet one year later he and Wade be in Buffalo.

Yep, just looked it up. Beat Denver 27-20 Monday, September 26th 1994. That put our record at 3-1 but we would finish 7-9 that season and our four year AFC championship run would come to an end. The following year we would bounce back (one of my favorite Bills teams) and surprised by winning the division and beating Miami 37-22 In the wild card round in Buffalo (Still recall Musberger opening the telecast saying something like "Welcome to the winter slaughter house; where Buffalo has never lost a playoff game in Rich Stadium) before succumbing to the Steelers 40-21 in the divisional round.

I'm a Bills nerd. In the off season I like to read old box scores and newspaper articles on all of our teams, good and bad.

Was that the 341 rushing yards game? Great line by Musberger! My uncle took my 14 year old brother to that game...not a sellout if I recall and tickets came easy. My brother didn't even follow the Bills back then!!

Was that the 341 rushing yards game? Great line by Musberger! My uncle took my 14 year old brother to that game...not a sellout if I recall and tickets came easy. My brother didn't even follow the Bills back then!!

Here is the opening to that Miami playoff game. Jump ahead to the 2:35 mark for the "winter slaughter house line." I wanted to jump through the TV I was so pumped. Even though we never won the Bowl those were glorious times

Ha! Ralph was too cheap to buy new white helmets with the standing Buffalo. (the true throwbacks.) Instead he had the equipment guy slap a white Buffalo sticker on the red helmet.

It was the NFL's call if I remember. They had a rule about changing the base color of the helmet for the "throwbacks"

Edited by Bills fan since 87

Here is the opening to that Miami playoff game. Jump ahead to the 2:35 mark for the "winter slaughter house line." I wanted to jump through the TV I was so pumped. Even though we never won the Bowl those were glorious times

It was the NFL's call if I remember. They had a rule about changing the base color of the helmet for the "throwbacks"

Then why call them throwbacks if it's something you never wore?

The Broncos wore blue helmets with the "D" that year, so there goes your theory.

Who would believe the price of pizza held steady from 1994

Edited by PromoTheRobot