I've been thinking...thoughts?

McBean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No dont start the season with him. However if Bills are 0-4 or 1-3 to start season time to look at it.

I think Peterman needs more time than 3 to 4 weeks, but I do agree if the season is a disaster Peterman could and should see some time this year. I would like to see Peterman stay on the sideline until like week 10 regardless to how bad the Bills may be doing, just for the sake of his own development.

Honestly, why not roll out Peterman every game this season and see what he has?

Hear me out...I'm NOT saying he's a franchise guy. However, what's the upside to starting Taylor?

Jeremy White brought something similar like this up this AM and it really hit me.

We know what we have with Tyrod. IMO, he's a RB playing QB. Tyrod might lead us to 7 wins this season. So that brings up this...what does 6-10 or 7-9 get us? Not only will we miss out on a top QB prospect, but the playoffs as well.

With Peterman, there is ZERO risk. 2 points.

1. Peterman shines and looks great as a rookie. Result: use picks to build around him especially OL.

2. Peterman looks awful. Result: Top 3 pick.

So the above scenarios are zero risk to the downside and 100% to the upside. With Taylor however, we are taking a huge risk. We all know it, TT isn't leading this team to a conference or division title. Why not depart NOW and make this season fun seeing what a young QB like Peterman can do? If it works, great. If not, hello Allen, Darnold, or Rosen.

Let's have a friendly debate and hear everybody's thoughts.

I'm beginning to come around to this line of thinking. The only downside is having Peterman look "awful" because of a terrible OL and WR corp. But great QB's can deal with that, so perhaps roll with him and see what happens.....

No dont start the season with him. However if Bills are 0-4 or 1-3 to start season time to look at it.

I like this approach. Let TT play himself into or out of a job; let Peterman develop, and then throw him in.

Honestly, why not roll out Peterman every game this season and see what he has?

Hear me out...I'm NOT saying he's a franchise guy. However, what's the upside to starting Taylor?

Jeremy White brought something similar like this up this AM and it really hit me.

We know what we have with Tyrod. IMO, he's a RB playing QB. Tyrod might lead us to 7 wins this season. So that brings up this...what does 6-10 or 7-9 get us? Not only will we miss out on a top QB prospect, but the playoffs as well.

With Peterman, there is ZERO risk. 2 points.

1. Peterman shines and looks great as a rookie. Result: use picks to build around him especially OL.

2. Peterman looks awful. Result: Top 3 pick.

So the above scenarios are zero risk to the downside and 100% to the upside. With Taylor however, we are taking a huge risk. We all know it, TT isn't leading this team to a conference or division title. Why not depart NOW and make this season fun seeing what a young QB like Peterman can do? If it works, great. If not, hello Allen, Darnold, or Rosen.

Let's have a friendly debate and hear everybody's thoughts.

Jeremy White HATES Tyrod Taylor. So I take anything he says with a couple grains of salt. That said, sure, why not start Peterman? But make sure he's playing behind the same OL that Tyrod played behind yesterday., After all, you want an even comparison.

Then after they cart off Peterman from the field we can start focusing on the 2018 draft.

Because some people actually forked out money to go watch their team win this year.

Its easy to turn the TV off when you are home. It is not easy to throw away tickets that you paid thousands of $$ for.

Yep.

So you value your tickets more than what's best long-term for the organization...good to know.

I surmise that many posters feel this way...at least he is honest about it.

Gotta earn it.

After game 1 he earned backup status, this week I think he deserves some time with the ones. Baby steps just yet, but the kid can move the team down the field and put up points. TT not so much (yet). If taylor doesn't improve I wouldn't want to be McD and try to explain why the kid sat while taylor bumbled his way through even 8 games.

I think Peterman needs more time than 3 to 4 weeks, but I do agree if the season is a disaster Peterman could and should see some time this year. I would like to see Peterman stay on the sideline until like week 10 regardless to how bad the Bills may be doing, just for the sake of his own development.

I get your approach but some QB's are just different and do not need to wait that long to start their development. Dak last season comes to mind. Peterman seemed to see the field very well yesterday and he looked like he knew where the ball was going before the play started. Their was a play in the third quarter I think the Bills were around the Eagles thirty. At the start of the play Peterman was looking down the middle of the field and he held the safety, he then looked right and the ball was gone taking the safety out of the play, He overthrows the WR in the end zone ( I think it was holmes) but he looked like a vet out there.

You owe it to the players to let Tyrod play himself to the bench. Part of building a team is to have your team's back. Starting Peterman off the bat immediately creates a divide in the locker room, and that just isn't a smart thing to do.

Taylor's already had two years, so I would think he only gets the first three games and then all bets are off, depending how good or bad he's playing. They can at least say they gave Taylor a chance, knowing they've already had 29 games worth of tape to judge him as a starting QB as well.

Holy Poo Poo, the voice of reason!!!

Because some people actually forked out money to go watch their team win this year.

Its easy to turn the TV off when you are home. It is not easy to throw away tickets that you paid thousands of $$ for.

Yep.

Suckers.....

Holy Poo Poo, the voice of reason!!!

2 years isn't enough?

Edited by DirtDart

More of a pros cons thread hammer.

I'm just saying if TT is the same guy he's been the past 2 years, 7-9 season is very very bad for this team.

I'm a long term thinker, not short term.

We luck up and get into the playoffs, we get curb stomped first round.

I think peterman could be very successful in this kind of system. However I would hate to throw him out there week 1 when he's not ready and see him shell shocked the rest of the year. From a passing game standpoint peterman is the guy. However this is a running team and the offense goes through shady, the read option gimmick will be helpful and peterman should not be running that. . Tyrod and his escapability are needed especially with how the O line has looked so far on passing plays

good point, throwing him to the wolves would hurt him if he isn't ready.

Edited by DirtDart