Juan Castillo

Too soon to say, but things are definitely unsettled.

I have turned into a "prove It Juan " guy just recently.

Not overly pleased at this point. They should look better than they have regardless of preseason of circumstance

I thought he was getting pushed back at times & having trouble holding his ground + stopping the rush. Don't get me wrong, he looked good at times too.

Check out the cover 1 podcast that was just posted here today if you're interested. They review the offense game film and you can see Wood struggling at times. They actually specifically talk about the wood injury around 24 minutes in.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195480-tyrod-taylor-film-session-vs-eagles/

He got pushed the last two seasons as well. He is a finesse blocker and better at run blocking second level and in space. Never could handle the NT bullrush without help..

As for top 10 OL coaches, I'm not sure, but from what I read Tom Cable and Mike Tice are #1 and #2

Is Cowboys OL Coach regarded as good or is it just the talent they have?

Miller is fine. Ducasse sucks and will cost us a 3rd round pick if he is not let go. There is no rational reason why he would make the team. Just about any street FA OG would be as good and not cost them a 3rd in 2018.

agreed Dragon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for top 10 OL coaches, I'm not sure, but from what I read Tom Cable and Mike Tice are #1 and #2Is Cowboys OL Coach regarded as good or is it just the talent they have?Miller is fine. Ducasse sucks and will cost us a 3rd round pick if he is not let go. There is no rational reason why he would make the team. Just about any street FA OG would be as good and not cost them a 3rd in 2018.

I thought they had to release a combination of 3 players to get that 3rd round comp pick? From the way I understand it, releasing Ducasse alone wouldn't net the Bills that 3rd round comp.

If I understand it correctly, the Bills also have until week 10 to release those players to get the comp pick.

I agree about Ducasse sucking though. Seems like he would be a very easy replacement/upgrade. I will be very surprised if he sticks with this team though.

Again, the lack of common sense is over the top by some. Castillo is implementing a new OL scheme and there will be growing pains which is the goal in pre-season to iron out the kinks.

So many on this board just rush to fire everyone. Ridiculous. Tells me some have never played sports at a high level. I have and it's an adjustment when you change schemes.

As for top 10 OL coaches, I'm not sure, but from what I read Tom Cable and Mike Tice are #1 and #2

Is Cowboys OL Coach regarded as good or is it just the talent they have?

Miller is fine. Ducasse sucks and will cost us a 3rd round pick if he is not let go. There is no rational reason why he would make the team. Just about any street FA OG would be as good and not cost them a 3rd in 2018.

Dante Scarnecchia is the undisputed No.1 OL coach, hands down. Tice, Cable, Kromer and whoever can line up behind him. I can't wait 'til he retires (again) too.

Edited by wiskibreth

He was an OL coach in Philly for a really long time (13 years, I think?) and then for some bizarre reason he was made DC after McD's firing, which unsurprisingly did not work.

I'm not arguing that Castillo isn't a good OL coach. It's just that the OL was a strength with Kromer and if are keeping any of our past coaches why is it Crossman and not Kromer?

McDermott called Kromer and asked if he would be interested in staying on. Kromer said I'm actually trying to find a spot where I have an opportunity to move up in the ranks to coordinator and I'm getting several offers of more than 100K compared to my salary here - even as an O line coach. McDermott understood and started contacting Castillo.

Dante Scarnecchia is the undisputed No.1 OL coach, hands down. Tice, Cable, Kromer and whoever can line up behind him. I can't wait 'til he retires (again) too.

Oh I was soo pissed (and a little jealous) when Belichick coaxed him out of retirement!

McDermott called Kromer and asked if he would be interested in staying on. Kromer said I'm actually trying to find a spot where I have an opportunity to move up in the ranks to coordinator and I'm getting several offers of more than 100K compared to my salary here - even as an O line coach. McDermott understood and started contacting Castillo.

I hadn't heard this. Interesting if true. Makes sense if McDermott did try to keep him.

That Kromer coached O line was fantastic at run blocking, but to be fair it had quite a bit of room to improve on pass protection (although replacing Mills would have went a long way to improve that).

Edited by BillsFan4

Again, the lack of common sense is over the top by some. Castillo is implementing a new OL scheme and there will be growing pains which is the goal in pre-season to iron out the kinks.

So many on this board just rush to fire everyone. Ridiculous. Tells me some have never played sports at a high level. I have and it's an adjustment when you change schemes.

Don't forget trade everyone, too

Is this a serious post?

I'll take that as a 'yes' from you.

I'm of the opinion that they don't. Glorified gym teachers, either relegated to being lifetime position coaches because (a) they're not smart/talented/driven enough to get promoted to coordinator or HC positions or (b) the connections (friends) they've made during their time in the league.

But the positive or negative effects they have on individual professional players/units during their time as position coaches? Little-to-none.