You could get money from a robocaller

Just Jack

https://consumerist.com/2017/08/16/free-cruise-robocall-settlement-means-you-could-receive-up-to-900/

You might not have won a free cruise as one of the most annoying robocalls to ever occur promises, but you could receive up to $900 for enduring the inconvenience of the call.

Resort Marketing Group the company behind the calls for Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Line recently settled a class action lawsuit that accused the company of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by illegally contacting individuals via robocalls.

Eligible claims will receive up to $300 for each marketing call made to their home or cell phone by Resort Marketing Group, but theres a limit: The maximum number of calls a class member can recover is three per phone number, meaning the most any one person could receive is up to $900.

Consumers can check to see if they are eligible to file a claim by entering their phone number on a class action settlement website, rmgtcpasettlemnt.com.

Link to the settlement page...

https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Home.aspx

I have gotten a Robocall from somebody pushing Google Maps every weekday for 2 solid years.

Monday -> Friday for 2 years. Never missed a weekday.

When they catch up to these worms, I will hop on the lawsuit with both feet.

Have two eligible numbers. They capped the fund at 12.5 mil...Guessing by the time this makes the rounds and after legal fees claimants will be getting checks for $1.43.

LoL... That's what I thought. Or worse, we will get MORE robocalls now... Ha!

I was thinking, did I just fall off the pumpkin truck, I am probably in a bigger database now.

But, as theu say, You gotta be in it to win it!" :-/

No. Screw you Jack... This was my little secret! Now, everybody's gonna ruin my $900... & I spent it already!

:-P

Then you'll be really bummed to know that I just tweeted it to my 10 million followers. ;-)

I remember the calls. When you picked up the phone, there was about 2 seconds of silence, then a giant foghorn sound and someone saying "Welcome aboard!"

They came in repeatedly, week after week. I think I smashed an old cordless phone at some point because of them.

I remember the calls. When you picked up the phone, there was about 2 seconds of silence, then a giant foghorn sound and someone saying "Welcome aboard!"

They came in repeatedly, week after week. I think I smashed an old cordless phone at some point because of them.

LoL. I simply don't answer calls that I don't know... Screen everything. Now, except those IRS calls... I love messing with them. If it is a foreign, male accent, first thing I do is call them ma'am... That gets them primed.

Anyway. I hope 99¢ gets you a new phone.

Oh... If numbers are varified with database. So that is a finite number. $12.5 million / $300 is 41k numbers.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois