Both Watkins, Darby said they need to "get in better shape"

YoloinOhio

I am shocked, just shocked, that reports of Darby not buying in and now these statements were made post-trade.

Timed leaks of "information" seem to accompany these types of moves.

Leaked info about being out of shape? It was based off of Watkins comment so no leak. Not sure on Darby.

never said he faked an injury. He did not suit up after the surgery when doctors and coaches both said the injury was no longer an issue. It was dealing with pain. And that, imo is fabricated by Sammy. I've gone to length talking about this. With actual inside information from trainers that informed someone I know personally. Of course nobody wants to listen or give any credibility to it. Suit yourselves. I don't care anymore. Sammy is a loser and I'm glad he's off this team.

well, he's in another team now. So we'll see what he's made of. My money is that he'll be "hurt" again this year. But I don't doubt he has a career year now that he's playing for a FA contract. But my stance is that he won't be all the glitz and glamour that everyone here makes him out to be.

Very interesting.

He didnt seem to hurt to be playing bball during team sessions where he wasnt cleared.

Seems as if there may be validity to your claim.

Edited by Bill_with_it

could be approach to trying to prevent injuries (stretching, etc)

That wud make sense. We had way too many soft tissue injuries last 2 seasons

"The Rams/Eagles have higher expectations..."

Im hopin thats not what it meant but it was implied

I am shocked, just shocked, that reports of Darby not buying in and now these statements were made post-trade.

Timed leaks of "information" seem to accompany these types of moves.

Damage control on all sides

...When they got to their new teams. I thought that was interesting. I wonder if our coaches told them that and/or they didn't follow the new program? Just thought it was a weird comment for them both to make. WGR mentioned this yesterday - not sure on links. Will look.

Hmm...

I can understand the comment from Sammy as he's coming off injury. But Darby?

This was my thought too.

Sammy is obviously coming off major injury that kept him out of practice and games for a great length of time. Him not being in football shape makes sense.

But Darby? (if true)

This was my thought too.

Sammy is obviously coming off major injury that kept him out of practice and games for a great length of time. Him not being in football shape makes sense.

But Darby? (if true)

Darby probably meant he's not yet in "dodging all the batteries coming his way" shape.