Brooklyn Dodgers vs Detroit Lions 1939 ( great quality)

Buffalo716

This is good colored video of the Brooklyn dodgers playing the Detroit lions on September 24 1939.

Fun to watch and quality video. Triple options , some pass plays, totally unique view on 1930s ball.

Enjoy

Got another one for you guys. 1945 Cleveland rams vs Detroit lions ( again good quality but black and white this time)

Big Jim Benton with 10 catches for 303 yards!

Enjoy!

1965 AFL championship. Bills vs chargers

Thought I would add another guys! 1989 divisional round. Buffalo Bills vs Houston Oilers... Enjoy! It's just fun watching old games!

Edited by Buffalo716

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it. Thanks for posting!

What was the deal with two sets of goalposts in the endzone? one at the goalline and one directly behind that at the end of the endzone.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Loved it. Thanks for posting!

What was the deal with two sets of goalposts in the endzone? one at the goalline and one directly behind that at the end of the endzone.

I have no idea what's up with the double goal post!

Maybe they were experimenting with both ways

Is this your passive aggressive way of saying Tyrod would not be good in this era either?

All kidding aside. Cool video.

TT might be very deadly in that era! Ha

I blame McBeane for the direction this league has taken.

Cool share, thx. I like these posts.

Being a student of the game I absolutely love everything about every era of football.

Some play calling and concepts they used in 1939 are still widely usable in HS football if you know how to orchestrate them properly.

I watched this years ago and brought some of their concepts onto my varsity squad with success

They knew how to orchestrate a running game!

Edited by Buffalo716